Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

Hi @stoo2000 i hope your still alive and doing fine :) 

I've upgraded to beta 4.2 and i get the following error when creating a new bulk mail:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\bouncer\extensions\core\MemberFilter\Disabled::availableIn() (0)
#0 IPSPATH/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\bulkmail\_bulkmail->form()
#1 IPSPATH/applications/core/modules/admin/bulkmail/bulkmail.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 IPSPATH/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(142): IPS\core\modules\admin\bulkmail\_bulkmail->execute()
#3 IPSPATH/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

So i am stuck and can't create any bulk mail. May you help?

Edited by xtech

I just wanted to give a general update about what's coming next (in the next week or so - possibly on the same day or at the same time).

• There's going to be a new version for IPS 4.1.19.4 that includes SendGrid support (I'm testing the implementation at the moment).
  • There's going to be a follow up release that purely addresses 4.2 compatibility (including SendGrid support).

Both of these versions will also include some other changes, such as being able to tell you if there is an issue connecting to the remote APIs. Compatibility with FCGI/Nginx environments where the Authorization header isn't passed to PHP is improved.

The current version of Mail Bouncer will not work with Bulk Mail on the 4.2 Betas.

Edited by stoo2000
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VR6Pete said:

Any update on this? Would like to get a bulk email out today, but would be good if there was a beta version to test before I did this, if not I will just disable Bouncer whilst I perform my mail out. cheers

Pete

Submit a support ticket and I'll see what I can do :)

Yes i've created a support ticket too some days ago but the answer was that it's not compatible with 4.2 yet. It's a bit hard to live without sending mass mails. Even if i disable mail bouncer, it is too risky to send mass mails without it.

Stoo, this app is fundamental for any community, it would be really nice if it could be updated... please :D  

4.2 beta is very stable and there are lots of people using it for live sites, including me with no complaint whatsoever.

Edited by xtech
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, stoo2000 said:

I just wanted to give a general update about what's coming next (in the next week or so - possibly on the same day or at the same time).

• There's going to be a new version for IPS 4.1.19.4 that includes SendGrid support (I'm testing the implementation at the moment).
  • There's going to be a follow up release that purely addresses 4.2 compatibility (including SendGrid support).

Both of these versions will also include some other changes, such as being able to tell you if there is an issue connecting to the remote APIs. Compatibility with FCGI/Nginx environments where the Authorization header isn't passed to PHP is improved.

The current version of Mail Bouncer will not work with Bulk Mail on the 4.2 Betas.

This update is now available in the Market Place, I was able to combine them into a single version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on IPS 4.1 and installed Mail Bouncer. I use SENDGrid for bulk messages but for normal messages I use my own SMTP server. 

After sending a bulk message I see in send grid some invalid and bounced email messages but not update in Bouncer Statistics inside IPS. Is that a BUG or I should configure something ?

• 1 month later...

How to solve this:

Hello,

We noticed one or more of your webhook endpoints is unreachable or experiencing other repeated failures. As a result, we have suspended transmission of these webhooks.

If you would like to continue to recieve webhooks batches, please ensure your target endpoint responds with a 200 HTTP status code. Once you've verified your target endpoint will receive batches, you can re-enable each webhook via the APIor in Webhooks settings in the SparkPost UI.

The following webhooks have been disabled:

Name Target
IPS4 Mail Bouncer http://fisiculturismo.com.br/forum/applications/bouncer/interface/sparkpost/webhooks.php

Sincerely, 
SparkPost

I got the same notification

Hello,

We noticed one or more of your webhook endpoints is unreachable or experiencing other repeated failures. As a result, we have suspended transmission of these webhooks.

If you would like to continue to recieve webhooks batches, please ensure your target endpoint responds with a 200 HTTP status code. Once you've verified your target endpoint will receive batches, you can re-enable each webhook via the APIor in Webhooks settings in the SparkPost UI.

Name Target
IPS4 Mail Bouncer http://www.community.com/applications/bouncer/interface/sparkpost/webhooks.php

20 hours ago, sobrenome said:

How to solve this:

Hello,

Name Target
IPS4 Mail Bouncer http://fisiculturismo.com.br/forum/applications/bouncer/interface/sparkpost/webhooks.php

Sincerely, 
SparkPost

18 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I just got a very similar notification that I have not looked into yet as I'm away, but saw the email from sparkpost.

18 hours ago, Joel R said:

I got the same notification

18 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

Same here

I haven't had a support ticket from any one for this issue yet and my own sites that have been using SparkPost are not showing this issue. Please submit one as soon as possible. I am on vacation next week.

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, CheersnGears said:

does anyone know how to recreate the webhook in sparkpost?

This was resolved via ticket and last weeks application update.

16 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Is there a way to clear people from "Warned" list? 

I see a lot of people listed, but the ones i look at do not have problems receiving emails.

Also, is there a way to clear multiple users at a time from the Disabled and Flagged sections?

Thanks,

Steve K.

I have a improvement on the roadmap for the near future to improve the handling of warnings, and to automatically remove them in a timely manner if no more bounces occur.

Unblocking users can cause damage to your sending reputation at the email service, doing this in bulk is certainly not advisable.

3 hours ago, Tom S. said:

I use SparkPost to send emails. I installed this file a few weeks ago and it's completely blank. I just sent out a bulk mailing and it still shows:

There are no results to display.

What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Thanks for submitted a ticket, responded.