Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Circo said:

I just paid for this and it won't even install.  At $35 and no support offered here, I may just ask for a refund

You are more than welcome to submit a support ticket here http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new&department=5

At a guess, it sounds like the issue could be with IPS4/Server instead of the application, but if you submit a ticket I can take a look at it.

Hey, this is a great add-on.  This is something that IPB should provide with their Sparkpost integration.  I just sent over 26k emails using Sparkpost using the bulk email announcement option built into 4.1.  My account at Sparkpost was suspended because I had a 20% bounce rate.  I did end up getting my account re-enabled and they told me that it was suspended due to the high number of bounces.  This app should help clear it up.  Is there a design document that you put together about how it works?  I mean, Sparkpost has a pretty sophisticated API to allow communication (using web hooks), are you fully integrating this capability?  Thanks again.

As I am considering buying this, I have a use question that I need answered first:

I have a site that I let languish for a few years, and have recently resurrected. After pruning the database, I still have about 8500 emails, and when I tried sending out a mass email via SparkPost, that was when I realized about half of them were no longer valid...after SparkPost terminated my account.

So I am going to run my list of emails through a scrubber program, but what do I do with the resulting output? It looks as though you have some sort of blacklist filter, but I would like to better understand how that works. I import my scrubbed list to this filter, and it automagically will do it's thing to notify members to change their email?

What I am trying to avoid is getting another account terminated before sending out a mass email signaling the Grand Re-opening of my site, so I would like to better understand the process on this end before dropping money on the app and scrubbing my list.

Thanks

Cain

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, CheersnGears said:

I created a support ticket on your site on August 28th and no reply as of yet.  The support ticket is #258

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:31 PM, Jirinex said:

Is a webhook supposed to be created automatically or I need to something more?

Sorry, I have been "internetless" for a few days. I have responded to both tickets and pushed out an app update.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I did anything different, but when I went into my ACP, I immediately got the error: 

A configuration or server error has occurred

RuntimeException: BAD_JSON (0)
#0 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/bouncer/sources/Services/Sparkpost.php(73): IPS\Http\_Response->decodeJson()
#1 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/bouncer/sources/Services/Sparkpost.php(93): IPS\bouncer\Services\_Sparkpost::api('webhooks/5c0f9c...')
#2 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/bouncer/Application.php(35): IPS\bouncer\Services\_Sparkpost->checkWebHook()
#3 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/bouncer/extensions/core/Dashboard/Statistics.php(34): IPS\bouncer\_Application->checkWebHooks()
#4 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/overview/dashboard.php(44): IPS\bouncer\extensions\core\Dashboard\_Statistics->canView()
#5 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\overview\_dashboard->manage()
#6 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/mywebsite/domains/mywebsite.com/public_html/a2nimda/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

@stoo2000

Hello, I've a populated "suppression list" on sparkpost, how to manage this old entries with Mail Bouncer?

I want that member just in suppression list receive also a notification or move to validating.

I have an item on my todo list to improve processing of policy rejections (i.e. the suppression list). I had been in contact with SparkPost to request that they improve the API for this to include the exact reason why the user is on the suppression list (i.e. if they've previously had non-delivered email). Unfortunately, they won't make any changes so I'm working on alternatives to try and identify why the email address was supressed.

• 3 weeks later...

@stoo2000

System error log:  ProcessBounces returned a NULL offset - tasks should throw \IPS\Task\Queue\OutOfRangeException when they are finished

#0 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(56): IPS\_Log::log('ProcessBounces ...', 'runQueue_log')
#1 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(44): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#3 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(337): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#4 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(56): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#5 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(245): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#6 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(214): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(298): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#9 {main}

I was advised by IPS support that this was a problem with the Mail Bouncer application.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2016 at 1:32 PM, Joel R said:

@stoo2000

System error log:  ProcessBounces returned a NULL offset - tasks should throw \IPS\Task\Queue\OutOfRangeException when they are finished

#0 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(56): IPS\_Log::log('ProcessBounces ...', 'runQueue_log')
#1 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(44): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#3 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(337): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#4 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(56): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#5 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(245): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#6 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(214): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/website/domains/website.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(298): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#9 {main}

I was advised by IPS support that this was a problem with the Mail Bouncer application.  

I am getting this same error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...