What do you think of 3.2?

wraz

We have been saying this since 1month and no one bothers .. this skin is clean but childish ..its going backward like a newspaper 1980 style. If IPB release this skin .. IPB will become laughing stock as if some kid made skin and released. Solution is .. make modern skin using gradients suiting 2011 demands.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been saying this since 1month and no one bothers .. this skin is clean but childish ..its going backward like a newspaper 1980 style. If IPB release this skin .. IPB will become laughing stock as if some kid made skin and released. Solution is .. make modern skin using gradients suiting 2011 demands.

You are the laughing stock of this forum tbh, not trying to be mean, but the forum does have gradients, and so far your the only person to think the style is "childish" sure other people don't like the skin but you are the only one to call it "childish". Also I would love to see a kid make a style as good as this, also 2011 does not demand gradients, if you think so then you are not a real web master.

*facepalm*

I agree with your post.

I'll reserve judgement until I see some custom skins. I have never used the IPB skin as my default skin but have it as a low a res fast loading skin for those that may be on dial up.

One thing I won't be doing and that's upgrading any time soon. I think it's best to let others dive straight in find the problems and see how actual members of forums like the new version. Plus it takes time for skin developers to come up with custom skins.

There's a few things I don't like and as usual I'll need to customize the skins to make them more functional e.g. fast reply button on each post and back to top buttons on each post.

3DKiwi

To be quite honest:

Skinning for 3.2 is quite versatile. There's a lot you can do with it, and I'll be the first to say sure, I'm not that great at it. All of the included comments really help find what does what, I found it extremely helpful. Granted, I won't make an entire, complete skin on a Beta, but what I have done has turned out very VERY nice.

Thank you IPS for making an excellent product.

And thank you for the Beer. -grabs one and runs-.

They finally added a noticeable divider (for post). A little bigger then I expected, but still an improvement.

We'll most likely be buying Invision 3.2 once it is fully released and Skinbox updates their Delight Theme / Style to work with 3.2

Was surprised I could not edit this...

Should have added that once I have all my questions answered too (need to know what I'm getting into first)

After surfing here for a few days on this version I got to say I really don't like it and it's not going to be a good fit to my forums. It was said earlier "bland", that's a very good way to say why. And I'm not one to want to "customize" much more than applying a skin and being good to go. I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all. Please don't do this to us!!!

And I'm not one to want to "customize" much more than applying a skin and being good to go.

That's all you need to do. What do you think a skin is? It's the default layout. You're telling us you don't like the layout, well the fix for that... is to change the skin. :)

What do you think of 3.2?

Like others has said, the default skin is a little plain, but I kinda like it like that. I'm sure that with the great skinners that work on IPB, that 3.2 will be a great success.
My members don't like change until they start using all the new features. I'm sure that 3.2 will receive mixed feelings at first in my community, but they will soon love it. It seems that way with all the IPB upgrades I have done.

Look at the board index for example, the avatar overload is simply too much. You've got them on the right of every forum under last post, and every part of the sidebar has them too. Whilst adding these avatars everywhere, you've taken away all little images that such as [img]

[/img] in the sidebar that make it abit more attractive. (online statuses, folders etc and I could go on but I've done enough of that over the months).

So put those things back into your templates and remove the avatars.

I agree it's a bit too bland. Especially in the areas that show who's reading a topic or who's online, it looks unfinished. When I look at it, I look at a kid coder who's trying to design his own forum software but hasn't done any real skinning to it yet so it's just a bunch of white backgrounds with content on them. :-\

If you think you can make a better theme for your board, by all means do it.

I am going to miss the online / offline status in topic view.

Probably takes 45 seconds to move that from the hovercard to the topic view.

but i really don't care for the look and the brightness and the squareness of everything.

So use a different skin. All these complaints are insane.

Probably takes 45 seconds to move that from the hovercard to the topic view.

Yeah, if you know how to skin IPB, but some folks don't know how to code or skin IPB, so you shouldn't make such a sweeping generalization. You might want to try and see things from another perspective as what applies to you doesn't always apply to everyone else. The topic asked what people thought about 3.2, and members gave their honest opinions, yet you complain that the complaints are "insane"? What kind of replies did you expect from a topic of this sort?

Archived