What do you think of 3.2?

wraz

Yeah, if you know how to skin IPB, but some folks don't know how to code or skin IPB, so you shouldn't make such a sweeping generalization. You might want to try and see things from another perspective as what applies to you doesn't always apply to everyone else. The topic asked what people thought about 3.2, and members gave their honest opinions, yet you complain that the complaints are "insane"? What kind of replies did you expect from a topic of this sort?

Something like "I don't like the merge of photos and avatars" is a completely valid complaint. "I won't be upgrading ever again because everything is too squire looking and the offline image has moved" is not. These are simple skin edits which aren't hard to figure out on your own if you know HTML and CSS. Even if you don't, someone on the forum or in ticket support will more than certainly be glad to help you with it. I wanted to know how to trigger a modal box, and I got an answer a couple hours later.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like "I don't like the merge of photos and avatars" is a completely valid complaint. "I won't be upgrading ever again because everything is too squire looking and the offline image has moved" is not. These are simple skin edits which aren't hard to figure out on your own if you know HTML and CSS. Even if you don't, someone on the forum or in ticket support will more than certainly be glad to help you with it. I wanted to know how to

trigger a modal box

, and I got an answer a couple hours later.

Maybe you need to re-read the subject of this thread, it's not a thread about 3.2 complaints, the topic is "What do you think of 3.2?", and what people did was give their honest opinions of what they thought of 3.2. So what is your issue with people giving their honest opinions about what they thought about 3.2? Sounds like you are just looking to disagree with other members. I am not sure why some members feel the need to behave in such a manner. I certainly didn't post in this thread to argue with members such as yourself about what I thought about 3.2.

Whether something is easy or not is relative to the individual, so a simple skin edit for you may be something very difficult for someone who has little to no experience with modifying skins. This is why it's good to try and look at things from the perspective of someone who may not the same experience as yourself. :)

If it's true what one said in here that the images on board index don't fade when a forum has no new posts then that's very annoying and a necessary feature. I agree that sueful features have been taken out. In PM conversations you can't even go to a direct page. heck you can't even go TO FIRST UNREAD in the conversation!!! then removal of status images is also an unnecessary hit.

If it's true what one said in here that the images on board index don't fade when a forum has no new posts then that's very annoying and a necessary feature.

%7Boption%7D

Why don't you give it a shot before assuming it's true? It's not at all difficult to confirm whether it's true or not. :smile:

I feel "cock-blocked" (can not think of a better term)
I want to like Invision, but they make it impossible with PayPal being the only option with IPS Marketplace.

Good thing I asked though... With Nexus, I just assumed they had other options here (would make sense).

If you are running it on your own site then Nexus can and does have other gateway options. they chose to only have paypal here because that is what most mod developers use to accept payments with.

Not everyone can or will use PayPal.

There are more secure, friendly, and cheaper (less fees) options beyond PayPal

PayPal Lawsuit = http://tinyurl.com/6l2ymse

PayPal Reviews = http://tinyurl.com/3g5dy2m

Not everyone can or will use PayPal.

There are more secure, friendly, and cheaper (less fees) options beyond PayPal

PayPal Lawsuit =

http://tinyurl.com/6l2ymse

PayPal Reviews =

http://tinyurl.com/3g5dy2m

That doesn't change the fact that every single skin and mod developer that has put their work up in the marketplace uses paypal.

But as stated before, Nexus it self does let you use more then one payment gateway, just it is not used here.

Also the payment gateways really doesn't have anything to do with 3.2 :P.

I would disagree.

Anyone buying into Invision 3.2 would be limited (restricted) to what IPS Marketplace supports, unless you seek alternative means to obtaining things.

Yes if you do buy IP.Board 3.2 you have to use paypal to buy a hook/application/skin/etc, as I said thought that doesn't have to do with the topic of this topic. This topic is to talk about what you think about "IP.Board 3.2" not the gateway payments IPS have decided to use on the marketplace as there are far more you can use if you buy Nexus your self.

Yes if you do buy IP.Board 3.2 you have to use paypal to buy a hook/application/skin/etc, as I said thought that doesn't have to do with the topic of this topic. This topic is to talk about what you think about "IP.Board 3.2" not the gateway payments IPS have decided to use on the marketplace as there are far more you can use if you buy Nexus your self.

When I look at Invision 3.2, I do not just see the forum.

I see...
  • Forum Software (core)
  • Other IPS Products (which are being updated to work with 3.2 or newer)
  • Support
  • Modifications
  • Skins
  • Company Policy
  • License

And I would assume more smart shoppers see this as well.

But moving along....

When I look at Invision 3.2, I do not just see the forum.

I see...

• Forum Software (core)
  • Other IPS Products (which are being updated to work with 3.2 or newer)
  • Support
  • Modifications
  • Skins
  • Company Policy
  • License

And I would assume more smart shoppers see this as well.

But moving along....

I do get where you are coming from but most of the things you listed simply are not IP.Board 3.2. The only thing that you listed really that is it is the Forum Software, as everything else is not labeled as 3.2.

I do get where you are coming from but most of the things you listed simply are not IP.Board 3.2. The only thing that you listed really that is it is the Forum Software, as everything else is not labeled as 3.2.

I think respectfully, you should learn to think outside the box...
Unless you would like me or you, to make a thread for every product, policy, and support surrounding Invision 3.2 (individually)

I think respectfully, you should learn to think outside the box...

Unless you would like me or you, to make a thread for every product, policy, and support surrounding Invision 3.2 (individually)

This topic wasn't made to think outside of the box it was made to discuss the core product, the only one labeled as 3.2. Now, support, policy, and every other product is not labeled as 3.2.

This topic wasn't made to think outside of the box it was made to discuss the core product, the only one labeled as 3.2. Now, support, policy, and every other product is not labeled as 3.2.

Obviously, I must be missing the user title or general entitlement you seem to think you have; which entitles you to police the thoughts, opinions, ideals, and comments of others on a discussion forum. :rolleyes:

What you are moaning about there has nothing to do with 3.2 - it was the same with 3.1. x which is the only version currently sold by IPS.

If you do not wish to use PayPal then you may be able to buy some of the hooks, skins, applications from developers own sites and pay by other means.

IPS use PayPal and that is the situation now and for the foreseeable future.

I actually love the new skin - I brought IPB thinking I would get a nice skin, as the old skin it shipped with in my eye's was horrid, however, after buying a skin for IPB, I have decided that my forum will be the basic 3.2 skin as it's just amazingly clean!

Love the new "Like" button, most my users should use facebook, and it should get them more involved in the community.. The old reputation was used for friends and enemies, not by every day visitors, however the new like system - I can see anyone using it!

I cant wait!

EDIT: Just setup the beta on a test board, and one thing Im not too keen on is the ACP theme... It's a little backwards from the old version? :S

IPS use PayPal and that is the situation now and for the foreseeable future.

While PayPal is the method used in the marketplace, it may be possible for customers to make an arrangement to use other payment methods by dealing directly with the billing department. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I thought you could pay for something on PayPal with a credit card...? I feel like all the anger right now is simply people not liking change, as it seems to happen after every release.

As I've always said, if you aren't happy with a product, and the developers have pointed out their reasonings and you aren't happy, then find a new product or make your own. While they should listen to our concerns, in the end it is up to IPS to make the decisions, not us.

Something like "I don't like the merge of photos and avatars" is a completely valid complaint. "I won't be upgrading ever again because everything is too squire looking and the offline image has moved" is not.

A magic word:

Opinions!

Archived