Embedded topics from my forum no longer show up (in my forum)

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Do you have access to the given area which you are embedding? I attempted this with our user and found no issues embedding or viewing the embed.

If you're seeing something specific, please ensure you (or the user viewing) has access to the given area in question, there are no Javascript errors (you have quite the number of ads running and errors in the console), and that there are no third party add-ons enabled.

59 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Do you have access to the given area which you are embedding?

Yes, it's the same forum. Meaning the topic that contains the links is in the same forum as the linked topic. 

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

there are no Javascript errors (you have quite the number of ads running and errors in the console), and that there are no third party add-ons enabled.

Same issue with the stock invision theme, no add, all 3rd party apps and plug-ins disabled. 

37 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you repost the image from above? Im not seeing it any longer for some reason

The image is just a screenshot from the message I'm getting, with the sad smiley and the statement "Sorry, this content is no longer available". That's what I'm seeing in my forum instead of the embed card for the linked topic. 

Here's what I'm seeing when I load that post. I'll PM you a link to that post. 

image.gif.0d8c5c7fa9ce917a2c8905d0e193342c.gif

If anybody else runs into this issue => It's happening when the embed links to a deleted comment/review, so the error is "correct", but I have to admit that it's not really user-friendly, so we improved this by replacing the error with a more meaningful error message and we'll also output the link to the content item the comment/review belonged to.

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

If anybody else runs into this issue => It's happening when the embed links to a deleted comment/review, so the error is "correct", but I have to admit that it's not really user-friendly, so we improved this by replacing the error with a more meaningful error message and we'll also output the link to the content item the comment/review belonged to.

Unfortunately that's not the case, the comments were not deleted and the links still work. I sent you an email with the links so that you can see that the content I had linked to was not deleted. 

• Solution

Ok next to my previous finding, there's also another issue => The original topic was merged into another one, so if you open the link in a new window, it's going to run the proper check and it redirects you to the new topic, but the embed logic is missing this.