CDN for guest page serving

Go to solution Solved by SeNioR-,

Hi,

I was reading at the feature deprecation list the following:

[Classic] Guest Page Caching
This is a legacy way to cache pages for efficiency. Our platform can now be used with a CDN for guest page serving.

We use CloudFlare. I was wondering whether we need any additional steps for caching guest pages at the CDN level or if any additional configuration is needed. Please advise.

Cheers,

Gabe

19 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Make sure to also exclude the api directory if you want to use REST / GraphQL

I don't know what "REST / GraphQL" is. Please advise.

Gabe.

Just now, SeNioR- said:

Correct. I forgot to mention there is a problem with changing language and theme. The cache still shows the previous language or theme, but this is a sign that the cache is working.

Not an issue for us here -- we don't allow guests to change themes or language anyway.

23 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

The only drawback is that this caching will impact in the number of recorded views for each item (topics, articles, and so on), right?

Minimally but yes. If you have several guests in the same region, hitting the same page URL, within 15 min, it will indeed only count the first view which caches the page.

20 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

Settings:

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Computer, Electronics, PcCould contain: Page, Text, File

Link: 

What if I have a different admin directory name? Are these settings enough, is that all you need to do in cloudflare?

I have error:
The CSRF protection key does not match. This may mean that the plugin or theme is not up to date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Edited by Grafidea

It doesn't work very well for me because the main page is displayed as logged out, and when I enter a section I am already logged in ... I cleared the cache and still the same problem, plus this error: The CSRF protection key does not match. This may mean that the plugin or theme is not up to date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Could contain: Text

Edited by Grafidea

1 hour ago, Grafidea said:

I have error:
The CSRF protection key does not match. This may mean that the plugin or theme is not up to date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Close your web browser and re-open it. Like @SeNioR- said it thinks you are logged in. 

It doesn’t help that browsers don’t honour the concept of sessions any more. A session should end when you close the browser, but they moved the goalposts a few years back.

22 hours ago, marklcfc said:

Doesn't work as well as guest page caching did though, guests can't change themes is an issue too.

Yep, we got boned.

Edited by The Old Man
Stupid autocorrect