Plugins & Applications

Alexandru

After 5 years or maybe even more of using Invisioncommunity packages until 4.6+ I was pretty happy with everything. Now there are some new updates coming out every now and then.. Especially now with the latest update 4.7 a lot of plugins aren't working anymore. I have this problem with "Couldn't get the list of blocks.." on manage blocks on 3 or 4 suites.

The suggestion for today is:
Plugins such as, 'General Statistics', 'Who Was Online', 'Group Name Indicator' should be directly implemented to the invision community packages for installation.
It would help a lot of community owners and even businesses with these plugins.. Because with all the updates going on now, we get new features but also a lot of problems for current plugins already installed on our website.

Please consider my suggestion and try implementing it. As a invisioncommunity client I'm pretty satisfied with the services provided, but we need a little bit more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 12:10 AM, drawncodes said:

'Who Was Online',

I came to raise a suggestion on this one as I'm trying to clean up my applications based on the compatibility indicator and just read this! This one is a dead certain core upgrade in my opinion, that members and users look out for. They love knowing who has been around over the last day, and it also helps websites feel more engaged because not everyone will make a post or reply - engagement functionality should always include the 95% of our total members that are lurkers and this would be the only way they feel 'included'.

I'd go as far to say from a website perspective it is far more beneficial than who 'is' online which is a current core feature. That feels more akin to different platforms with Instant Messaging services.

Hope this can be considered soon!

Thanks for that @LemonGrenade - glad there is something more up to date if people are desperate to spend more to get the data working now.

However, I think what @drawncodes is looking for is for this to be a core function rather than an additional plug-in we've paid for separately before, I know I certainly am 🙂

From an aesthetic point of view too, seeing the profile avatars rather than just the profile name, suits the way many websites have evolved. A bit like this:

Could contain: Text

People connect visually more so of late and they sometimes look out for their favourite user by their profile avatar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Matt and @Jordan Miller, this suggestion seems to have picked up some fantastic traction! Any thoughts on whether this could be part of the core in a soon-ish release at all? I'll obviously believe the 'Who Was Online' functionality is one which definitely would add significant value/enhancements to your block thats currently available out of the box.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...