UKRAINE FLAG

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

30 minutes ago, John McKee said:

WHY are we getting this flag on our forum without our permission. Along with the words fight war......Not everyone wants involved with this political nonsense

I would need more information on what you are seeing there. I do however need to make it very clear, this is not something that has been done by IPS or by your invision product. 

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Does it go under all members or just one? If just one (or few), the user likely added it to their signature.

Random , could be a dozen a day or none AND NO, NO MEMBERS would "likely" add it to their signature, why would they? It looks more like an issue from Invision

24 minutes ago, Muddy Boots said:

Some sort of advertising ? App or something ? 

Where would it come from though? Our forum / site is supposed to be secure.......any ideas would be helpful. Unfortunately the Invision support is not too hot. 

21 minutes ago, John McKee said:

It looks more like an issue from Invision

I’m sorry you’re having an issue but this is not something we added to our software or impose on our clients. We would not do anything like that.

25 minutes ago, John McKee said:

Where would it come from though? 

I would suggest disabling/removing all customizations (themes, applications, plugins, advertisements, any custom JavaScript, etc…) to rule out them out.

If it still remains, please supply us a URL to where you are currently seeing this.

31 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I’m sorry you’re having an issue but this is not something we added to our software or impose on our clients. We would not do anything like that.

I would suggest disabling/removing all customizations (themes, applications, plugins, advertisements, any custom JavaScript, etc…) to rule out them out.

If it still remains, please supply us a URL to where you are currently seeing this.

https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/67246-sheep-fans/

second post down     

image.thumb.png.91fce4f70f2094886838b0bca4ce07a2.png

• Solution

That user has an image in their signature which is coming from a third party image hosting service. Either the image itself is what you're seeing there or the third party image hosting service is imposing this. Either way, I'm afraid, this is not coming from the software and something caused by the user having this as their signature.

At the time of looking at this the image was dead so I cannot confirm. You would need to either remove this from their signature in the ACP or ask the user to do so if it is against the terms of your community. Overall, this is a moderation issue rather than a security issue or bug in the software itself.

image.png

13 hours ago, Muddy Boots said:

User sigs for links and anything else are a royal PITA with IPS - so use a plugin like this as in the vanilla software everything goes and you cannot moderate it as such

Please feel free to post within our suggestions area if you wish to see additional features added to our core platform

7 minutes ago, John McKee said:

NOT POSTED BY THE USER

As Jim noted above...  it's in the user's signature.  Either the remote image hosting service the user used is serving that image or something else.  It's not the IPB software.  So unfortunately there is not much that can be done from the software perspective.  I would suggest editing the signature and removing the remotely called image.  

Good luck!

48 minutes ago, John McKee said:

NOT POSTED BY THE USER

If posted or not posted by your user, this image is definitely in his signature as you can see in the image posted by Jim above. He has taken this screenshot from the signature of your user on your site. So just remove it by your self in the acp or ask the user to remove it. Problem solved.

If you still don't believe it just add the image URL into the editor here and you get this:

digseyfl.png

Edited by Ramsesx

8 hours ago, John McKee said:

NOT POSTED BY THE USER

This is incorrect. The link itself was posted by the user. What has not happened is that the user has likely not intentionally posted a ukraine image. It is a link to an image on an external site, which means that external site has control over what image it is.