Repeated Log Entries

36 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

These all would be third party plugins here.

The software is merely grabbing what is available to it at the time but looking at the folder structure, the possibilities of applications/plugins would be:

• Auto Welcome
  • Member Away
  • Members Country
  • Theme Usage Counter
  • Jobs

34 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

You might want to consider sharing the error logs with the respective app authors so they can investigate and possibly provide an update.  

If your users aren't reporting any struggles, what Randy mentioned might be the pro-active approach in resolving this. I didn't log into your system to confirm but if any of these apps are custom or out of date, ensuring you're running on a compatible version will help resolve any errors too.

Thanks for the replies.  I will contact the authors of the apps.

There are other errors that do not appear to be related to apps.  There are many of these.  Would someone from IPS be able to look?

For instance, here is one:

The log entry was triggered by a guest (Guests)

January 9

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://www.pathlabtalk.com/forum/index.php?/profile/3232-malcolm-needs/&do=content&all_activity=1&page=276

Error: Class 'IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global' not found in /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(926) : eval()'d code:9
Stack trace:
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(926): eval()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Cache/Template.php(108): IPS\_Theme::overloadHooks('class_core_fron...', 'IPS\\Theme\\Cache')
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(777): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists()
#3 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/uploads/template_30_6c476385a2a7fac76ac1bb8ed658e957_system.php(6588): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#4 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_system->searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '813e84334da185e...', 0, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '\n\n\t<div class='...', false, 'expanded', false, Array)
#5 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Content/Content.php(1749): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('searchResult', Array)
#6 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(280): IPS\_Content::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, Array, Array)
#7 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#8 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5048): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html()
#9 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_profile->userContentStream(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...')
#10 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userContentStre...', Array)
#11 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->content()
#12 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#14 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Content/Content.php(1749): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('searchResult', Array)
#2 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(280): IPS\_Content::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, Array, Array)
#3 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#4 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5048): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html()
#5 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_profile->userContentStream(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...')
#6 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userContentStre...', Array)
#7 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->content()
#8 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#10 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

4 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

A lot of those errors look related to themes. I assume you’re using a custom theme.  Most likely something in the theme is out of date. While it may not be breaking the site, it could still be throwing errors. 

3 minutes ago, Muddy Boots said:

Theme Errors

Interesting.

@Ehren, thoughts?  I only use your themes.  While I did upgrade yesterday to 4.6.10, the error above is prior to that.

Thanks

The first error there is a template cache error. The second one might be related to searching on a theme.

Are these still being encountered?

The first template cache error, may be a concern with if you are using the template disk path and something may be corrupted or your storage is having issues.

The second, if you change to a different theme, are you still encountering it?

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

The first error there is a template cache error. The second one might be related to searching on a theme.

Are these still being encountered?

The first template cache error, may be a concern with if you are using the template disk path and something may be corrupted or your storage is having issues.

The second, if you change to a different theme, are you still encountering it?

Hard to tell which are from add ons and which are from the system / theme.  There are 30 pages of errors, but yes, it seems the errors are still occurring.

I use many of the same apps on others site, and only themes from Ehren, no errors on the other sites.

I logged into your community to look at the theme cache issue and I am unable to reproduce that. While the last log of it was yesterday, it could have been during a period which the cache was refreshing, was corrupted, or something else with the storage on your server which interrupted it. If it happens frequently, that may be something to bring up to your hosting provider or disable template disk caching.

While there are so many errors being logged for the third party issue at the beginning of this topic, I may have missed the other log reported here in the system log itself but I could not find it in the last week or so. I would continue to monitor it though to see if it comes up again.

Hey @Square Wheels

I'm not aware of any errors which are currently happening with my themes. My themes only have a couple of modified template files, so theme errors/incompatibilities are very rare. If your other site isn't reporting any theme errors, then I believe it would be a server/software hiccup as Jim mentioned.