"This Theme File Could Not Be Saved" - eh?

I'm trying to edit a template in one of my custom databases for the record display. I've done this numerous times in the past without issue, but now today I am getting this error when trying to save my changes. Not sure why this is. 

I recently migrated to a new server but I don't think this would affect it, would it? 

133805077_Screenshot2022-01-02at08_18_24.jpg.c309ca390241199fbe765588818e84a7.jpg

Is the code valid? What happens when you try to save an empty template or a template with a simple “hello” output? If it also fails, it’s probably your new server and I would contact the host to see if they’re using any WAF( web application firewall) which could be blocking the requests. 

It's very weird. I can't save anything, even if I don't make a change. I don't get the cross in the tab to indicate that a change has been made. I just see the big black dot and then when clicking the save button I see that error. It doesn't seem to happen on all the templates, just some. 

I'm suspecting it might be because my theme is out of date but this doesn't make sense. 

Edited by FZ

Would this have anything to do with the fact that the templates are stored in InnoDB? I am being alerted to this issue on the support page of my ACP. Some of the database tables are using MyISAM and others InnoDB, specifically the table that stores all the CMS templates. I tried changing this to MyISAM manually but it didn't help, so I suspect there may be a configuration problem on the hosts side. Can anybody confirm this might be the correct diagnosis? 

Edited by FZ

Dear IPS support, 

I have paid my $135 support license fee. How long should I expect to wait before I get some actual help with this issue (which persists in spite of upgrading everything to the latest version). 

• 3 weeks later...

It had something to do with the server settings that my host had to change. They didn't say exactly what they changed but I think if you contact your host they should be able to fix it up. IPS made mention of a WAF (web application firewall). 

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, Daniel F said:

Ask your host if they’re using suhosin or any WAF ( web application firewall) .

most of the time it’s either a WAF which is blocking the request because a security rule was trigger or suhosin blocking huge requests like when editing a template.

I have reached out to my website hoster, they have confirmed that either of suhosin or WAF are used on my hosting service.

What else could be causing the issue of not being able to save the globalTewmplate file?

Could contain: Business Card, Paper, Text

Could contain: Text, Document, Letter, Page

Could contain: Page, Text, Menu, Plot

I got a simliar message the other day, I disabled opcache and it fixed it. Seems like IPS, or at least the latest version doesn't like opcache? Might try it, I see in your screenshot you have it enabled.

Edited by nodle