Member Map

You need to go to ACP > System Settings > IP.Board Member Map > General Configuration > Google Maps API Key

You can get the key behind this link https://code.google.com/apis/console

I keep getting an error on my key. the link on the acp doesnt work anymore and I followed instructions on the google site and still gives me the error "google has disbaled this use of the app. Invalid API key".

I did everything i could made a new one etc

See the above quote.

How would i change the colour of the member name that displays on the map as its showing in white on the custom skin i have?

attachicon.gifusername.jpg

You would need to define that color with CSS

.def h3 a{

color: #000 !important;

}

I'm really tempted to dump Google Maps and use Bing drool.gif

#memberMapCanvasWrapper
 {
	 height: 800px;
 }

#memberMapCanvas
 {
	 width: 100%;
	 height: 100%;
 }

#pinPointMap
 {
	 height: 250px;
 }

body.facebook
{
	font: 13px helvetica,arial,sans-serif;
	margin: 0px;
	max-width: 520px !important;
	position: relative;
}

body.facebook #memberMapCanvasWrapper
{
	position: relative;
	clear: both;
	height: 450px !important;
	font-size: 12px;
}

body.facebook .popupWrapper
{
	width: 450px;
	background-color: #3B5998;
	padding: 12px;
	border: 1px solid #133783;
    box-shadow: 0 0 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.52);
}

body.facebook .popupInner
{
	width: 426px;
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

body.facebook ul
{
	list-style: none;
	padding: 0px;
}

body.facebook ul.topic_buttons
{
	z-index: 999;
	position: absolute;
	left: 70px;
	top: 6px;
}

body.facebook .topic_buttons li, body.facebook .input_submit
{
	margin: 4px;
	display: inline-block;
	background-color: #3B5998;
	border: 1px solid #133783;
    box-shadow: 0 0 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.52);
}

body.facebook .topic_buttons li a, body.facebook .input_submit
{
	display: inline-block;
	padding: 3px;
	text-decoration: none;
	color: #FFFFFF;
}

body.facebook fieldset
{
	border: 0px;
}

body.facebook h3
{
	margin: 2px;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

body.facebook .submit
{
	text-align: center;
	background-color: #D1DDEA;
}

body.facebook .cancel
{
    color: #AD2930;
    font-size: 0.9em;
    font-weight: bold;
}

body.facebook #updateMapList a
{
	color: #133783;
	text-decoration: none;
	font-weight: bold;
}

body.facebook #updateMapList a:hover
{
	color: #3B5998;
}

body.facebook input, body.facebook select {
    font: 13px helvetica,arial,sans-serif;
}

body.facebook p.message
{
    background-color: #F3F3F3;
    border: 1px solid #D4D4D4;
    clear: both;
	padding: 6px;
    color: #515151;
    margin: 0 0 6px;
}

body.facebook .left
{
	float: left;
}

body.facebook .ipsUserPhoto
{
	max-width: 75px;
	margin-right: 3px;
}

p.markerCount
{
	margin: 2px;
}

where in the css would i add that text?

First of all, thank you for this wonderful app. thumbsup.png

I've installed it and it works, but for some reason I can't open the 'IP.Board. Member Map' item in IP.Board ACP, under the 'My Apps' menu. I get just a blank page with 'nopermission' response...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Ivan

I too get the white screen of doom with the plain text saying 'nopermission'. However... everything appears to be working regardless (members can add their locations). Since it's working I assume I can live without using the 'Other Apps' feature of this? I'm not sure exactly what I'm missing there. I can't remember if this part was working before, but I had disabled this for a while since I was the only member and a member map seemed silly at the time (I might have broke it by disabling it.) So, maybe a fresh install would do it but I'd rather not go through the routine again to get new API2 keys since Google only wanted to give me API3 and it was hard to find.

A couple more questions,

1) There is no way to automatically have member locations be updated from the profile right? I have to prod each member to add it themselves or log onto their accounts for them?

2) That issue about being automatically zoomed into the surrounding local square mile has not been resolved right? Obviously it would be much better if the default view was the entire world, which is no doubt going to confuse many members. Still better than no member map!

Other than those issues this is awesome. I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to code around Google's APIs/keys etc.

please do bing.

gallery already does.

I was thinking that we could automatically pull the Bing API key if it's setup with Gallery, would take a step out of setting it up.

I too get the white screen of doom with the plain text saying 'nopermission'. However... everything appears to be working regardless (members can add their locations). Since it's working I assume I can live without using the 'Other Apps' feature of this? I'm not sure exactly what I'm missing there. I can't remember if this part was working before, but I had disabled this for a while since I was the only member and a member map seemed silly at the time (I might have broke it by disabling it.) So, maybe a fresh install would do it but I'd rather not go through the routine again to get new API2 keys since Google only wanted to give me API3 and it was hard to find.

A couple more questions,

1) There is no way to automatically have member locations be updated from the profile right? I have to prod each member to add it themselves or log onto their accounts for them?

2) That issue about being automatically zoomed into the surrounding local square mile has not been resolved right? Obviously it would be much better if the default view was the entire world, which is no doubt going to confuse many members. Still better than no member map!

Other than those issues this is awesome. I can only imagine how much of a pain it is to code around Google's APIs/keys etc.

1. No, quite often users don't enter a real location, i.e. The Moon, Mars etc, I may include a hook to do this with a future version, I have not yet decided.
  2. There isn't any issue here to be fixed, the default view is 0,0 which is the center of the 'world', the map alters it's zoom depending on where the markers are on the map (this is actually a feature). You are however free to modify your templates, in mapGoogleJavascript you can remove

bounds.extend(point);

that will stop the map zooming to available markers.

Further to the nopermission issue, have a read of the posts following the one you quoted, hopefully that will fix your problem. Don't forget you can copy+paste your API key that's already in the ACP and reuse if it you choose to re-install.

• 3 weeks later...

I was request to add Google api code

".....The API Key for your map service is empty. Please correct this in your ACP......"

Please provide some instructions , i wanted to make sure i do it correctly?

Update: Never mind the service was slow to response

• 2 weeks later...

I change domains and of course my old API key doesn't work. The trouble is, I cannot find my existing key anywhere and Google's site design is absolutely crap. I've spent an hour going in circles.

Does anybody know where I can access and edit my existing API key?

There's a link a few pages back that you can manage you API keys, on mobile browser atm.

Would you be willing to help tweak it slightly to my preference?

I'd prefer not to have 'Member Map' link in my nav, although I would like a button which would be clickable from the memberlist which would basically help to keep my nav clutter free. I'm very minimalistic :)

• 2 weeks later...