Import from IPS to IPS?

Square Wheels

We used to be able to import from IPS to IPS.

Can this be done again?

I am moving to a new server and would like to start with a "clean" install and import my current info.

If not, any advice on moving about 45GB of files and 800k+ posts?  I will have the software vendor do it, just want to pass along the info to them.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I am moving to a new server and would like to start with a "clean" install and import my current info.

I can’t see any possible benefit to this. You can certainly download a fresh set of files and move the attachments into that but that wouldn’t require a conversion. It would still be a regular move. 

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

I can’t see any possible benefit to this. You can certainly download a fresh set of files and move the attachments into that but that wouldn’t require a conversion. It would still be a regular move. 

At one point my site was really slow, almost unusable.  I had IPS look at it, they said all was well.  I had a database person from the vendor look at it and found it odd that there were no indexes on any of the tables.  They tried to fix them.  The site is about 5 years old, it still feels slow to me.  I thought a new install might make sure the tables were all correct.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Using Converter. 

Where is this?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

At one point my site was really slow, almost unusable.  I had IPS look at it, they said all was well.  I had a database person from the vendor look at it and found it odd that there were no indexes on any of the tables.  They tried to fix them.  The site is about 5 years old, it still feels slow to me.  I thought a new install might make sure the tables were all correct.

Where is this?

Thanks

I've got 1.9 million posts, and my site is not slow, despite being upgraded from IPB 3.4.x (and prior 3.x versions) all the way up to the current 4.4.10 release. Your site might be slow due to other factors (CPU, especially if you are on shared hosting) than just the amount of posts and/or time.

@Square Wheels Are you self-hosting?  Contact @ASTRAPI or @Makoto to see if they can perform a one-time server audit for you.  

17 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

I've got 1.9 million posts, and my site is not slow, despite being upgraded from IPB 3.4.x (and prior 3.x versions) all the way up to the current 4.4.10 release

Are you on PHP 7.4?  I just upgraded last night, feels very zippy.  

23 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Where is this?

Thanks

No indexes on any of your database tables? Yes, that would be a huge performance issue, but absolutely wouldn't be "normal".

Running the support tool in the AdminCP inspects your database schema and will highlight if any database tables are missing indexes, allowing you to try to fix them automatically or providing you with the queries to run manually if needed. You don't need a new installation to fix missing database indexes.

3 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Running the support tool in the AdminCP inspects your database schema and will highlight if any database tables are missing indexes, allowing you to try to fix them automatically or providing you with the queries to run manually if needed. You don't need a new installation to fix missing database indexes.

Terrific, thank you.

Archived