InViSiOn SeaRCh iS FinE...

AmericanRev2

Attn: @Invision Community - Please add "Nodes" to the admin cp search index. FWIW when i search for anything using a search tool my expectations are for it to return results relating to my search terms, i don't care if its a language translation. I search because i'm looking for something ...

it is because of my own ignorance of not knowing correct location.... like when i yell at my wife and ask where my socks are if they are not where i think they should be , she does not say "socks don't exist"

3 minutes ago, fix3r said:

it is because of my own ignorance of not knowing correct location.... like when i yell at my wife and ask where my socks are if they are not where i think they should be , she does not say "socks don't exist"

I just replied your question. If you don’t want to know, don’t ask what it is. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Regarding AdminCP search, here is a real issue: Search does not take translated content into consideration. You have to search for English settings in order to find anything. So basically, unless you look for English words, the search option is useless.

To clarify how this works, the ACP live search only returns a value for a keyword if we enter it, it's not searching in this case, but locating the tags we set in the acp.  If you feel we should add more, please provide a list of tags, and the urls you would like to see them go to, we can review these and add some more as needed.  It's a difficult item to keep updated as everyone thinks a little differently, and some often get missed when new items are added.

Thank you

Dashboard 2019-12-07 16-03-21.jpg

• Management

The barrier here is that the language system is just a list of keys with a translation. There's no way to link a specific key to a specific page.

We'd need to rewrite the language system to allow it to be searchable, and that's no small undertaking.

We do add specific keywords to the ACP though so you can find areas.

• 3 months later...