Wish Custom Emoji Listed First Instead Of Last

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, marklcfc said:

That's partly why I don't have emoji enabled

I’ve considered disabling it and may still, which is why I brought it up. I put quite a bit of time into the custom emoji, and they stopped getting used after I enabled the native mode. I had the basics already and it helps enforce cross platform compatibility. Anyway, what I am really hoping is the custom set gets listed first in an update.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anyway, what I am really hoping is the custom set gets listed first

That is actually the only thing that makes sense after all. The only reason one would add custom smileys, is because you want them to be used. It doesn't make any sense to list them miles away in the dungeons of the smileys.

I want to highlight that there are use cases when the default emojis should be on the top 😉 On my community, I prefer the old and outdated custom emojis at the bottom. This way people will slowly convert to the newer ones without me having to deal with the drama that unfolds when you disable the old emojis. Putting the old ones on top will be like there are no newer ones at all 🙂

In a nutshell: we need an option to organize the categories as we perfer. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I don’t think most of my users ever scroll down far enough to even know there are custom emoji for the forum.

Exactly. Option to have custom emoji at the top would make so much more sense.

I also feel it would be good to be able to choose which emoji appear in the emoji box. Obviously all emojis could still be used on the site, as people could use the built-in emoji keyboard on their device. But in the emoji box in the editor, we don't really need 100s of flags and symbols to be loaded every time - would be nice if we could just select which emojis to show in the emoji box in the editor, since a tiny fraction of them get used. 

Edited by theipsguy