Pages SuperReviews (Support Topic)

Very nice done, thank you.

In mode 2 is it possible to have more than 4 rating options, if yes, is there a limit? If I have 8 for example, the space will be very large from the first to the last rating value. Maybe it would be an idea to have 2 columns showing them?

superrating.thumb.png.2d33d3e92e7e34bbbffb8da6d0d9ef73.png

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

Very nice done, thank you.

In mode 2 is it possible to have more than 4 rating options, if yes, is there a limit?

There is no hard limit. Of course with every new field there is additional processing necessary. So many fields and weak servers might not go well together. But I wouldn’t expect problems with 8 review fields. 

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

If I have 8 for example, the space will be very large from the first to the last rating value. Maybe it would be an idea to have 2 columns showing them?

If the header area delivers too little space, the fields can be moved below the review text using the “above the content / below the content” setting. 

Thank you, some more questions. 

1) I guess the "Gallery" images are just attachments inside the records, not taken from the ips gallery?

2) How is the rating stars system working, is it just from 1-5 or is it possible to have a 10 numbers showing half stars? Means if I gave a rating of 7 it shows 3.5 stars?

3) Is it possible to add "out of the box" address maps in every mode or only in mode 3?

2 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Thank you, some more questions. 

1) I guess the "Gallery" images are just attachments inside the records, not taken from the ips gallery?

It’s from the Pages Upload field with multiple uploads activated. 

2) How is the rating stars system working, is it just from 1-5 or is it possible to have a 10 numbers showing half stars? Means if I gave a rating of 7 it shows 3.5 stars?

The global setting for 5 or 10 stars is used automatically for displaying ratings. Half stars only work in Mode 1. Mode 2 and 3 use only full stars. The ratings needs to match the global setting. If the global setting is 5, the Pages databases shouldn’t use 10 or any other number that is not 5. 

3) Is it possible to add "out of the box" address maps in every mode or only in mode 3?

Since that is a regular Pages feature, you can add it everywhere you want. 

If I want to do multiple reviews type on the same site I would need to duplicate the database (categories and fields) - make changes to those and still use the same templates.
 I guess I would need a separate block and page (in Pages) also?

I hope that did not come out confusing - I want to create two or three different review types.

1 hour ago, Loren said:

If I want to do multiple reviews type on the same site I would need to duplicate the database (categories and fields) - make changes to those and still use the same templates.
 I guess I would need a separate block and page (in Pages) also?

Yes. 

It is meant to be used as many times as you want. You can have a book review and DVD review section for example on the same site. Both are separate databases and pages – they just call the same templates. You also mix the different modes however you like. 

Edited by opentype
7 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yes. 

It is meant to be used as many times as you want. You can have a book review and DVD review section for example on the same site. Both are separate database and pages – they just call the same templates. You also mix the different modes however you like. 

Super! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

In the display settings of the custom fields, for example the ratings or pro / contra what values / settings do I need to add in Listing View Format or Display View Format? Thanks.

It depends on the specific field type. You can have SuperReview galleries and SuperReview quotes there for example (styled through SuperReviews) or your own custom fields like badges you might have added. The pro/contra fields are suppressed automatically in the listings views if I remember correctly, since they wouldn’t work there very well. 

But basically you can just try and see what works in the listing views. Same as with the “Above the content / Below the content” setting for the display view. Just play around with it, until it looks good. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I think we are going to buy this and want some advice please

Walking Football is a growing sport and there are currently several organisations trying to become the NGB for the sport.

Different organisations have different rules in place and players have different opinions to which is the best rules and organisations etc.

I want to create a review database where I can achieve the following - so which is the best option / mode for me to use - 1,2 or 3?

I want to list a rule such as

The 3 touch rule

I then want to assign to that rule star ratings for for thing such as

1 - Refereeabilty

2 - Safety Rating

3 - Playability

And I want each rule to be available for all of the members to select their rating and also post their views about it

Would I be correct in thinking mode 3 is best?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased...

Is it possible to add fields (form) to the actual reviews? (mode 3)

eg. When reviewing, fields are made available for members  to rate Features, Costs, Reliability, leave Pros and Cons, etc

Basically, the staff creates product overviews and members review the product.

Edited by princeton
7 hours ago, princeton said:

Just purchased...

Is it possible to add fields (form) to the actual reviews? (mode 3)

eg. When reviewing, fields are made available for members  to rate Features, Costs, Reliability, leave Pros and Cons, etc

Basically, the staff creates product overviews and members review the product.

Sure. Mode 3 uses two databases, so you would limit the product creating to staff and let members add entries to the review database. 

That's exactly what I thought. (You click 'Write A Review' button and members should see a customized Reviews form and not the standard one.)

Is there any reason why the "Reviews form" with new fields wouldn't show to members? I just get the standard reviews form.

I created 2 database - each has its' own fields.

'Database Relationship' field created in Reviews.

I crosslinked Reviews with Overviews.

'Allow Reviews' off on both database

'Enable Star Ratings' off on both database

Added appropriate fields to Overviews and Reviews

Yet, I still get the standard 'reviews' form.

14 minutes ago, princeton said:

That's exactly what I thought. (You click 'Write A Review' button and members should see a customized Reviews form and not the standard one.)

No, it doesn’t work this way in mode 2 and 3. You turn the review system off, so there shouldn’t be a review button under the entry. The users will instead go to the separate review database and add a new record there – just like they would add a new article to a Pages article database. Feel free to add a link to this function to your menu, so users can find that more easily. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @opentype Just purchased this. Really like it. SuperReviews compliments our use of SuperGrid.

Question: Is it possible to show the Add New Review button on the product page even if there are no reviews yet?

If I see this right, currently this button only appears after someone has posted a review of the product, then it's on the product page. However, this requires users to go to the page with the reviews database to add a review and select the product in the database relationship field. It's much easier if the user sees the product and can click to add a review right there.

Product with at least one review:

246379228_ScreenShot2018-10-02at11_56_58PM.thumb.png.a030dac2cd70ba09403e6763ff2fbc27.png

Product without a single review:

1387297306_ScreenShot2018-10-02at11_57_50PM.thumb.png.d23540d1ff2504235fbe77f2fef9a21b.png

49 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Question: Is it possible to show the Add New Review button on the product page even if there are no reviews yet?

Nope. Or I would have done that already. 😉 

The reviews in this mode link in to the item being reviewed. As long as there is nothing linking in, the item template doesn’t know the external database. 
But you know, so you can easily put an “add review” link in the secondary navigation bar for example.