Pages SuperReviews (Support Topic)

29 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Hi Ralf - Do this work on your demo site? It seems like it doesn't.

I didn’t have time to look into it. In general, the ordering comes from the IPS core. The templates don’t do anything but to style it. 
There won’t be another update until 4.5 is out. I can check it again when I work on the compatibility update for 4.5.

6 hours ago, opentype said:

I didn’t have time to look into it. In general, the ordering comes from the IPS core. The templates don’t do anything but to style it. 
There won’t be another update until 4.5 is out. I can check it again when I work on the compatibility update for 4.5.

No worries. I have a feeling it’s a core thing but I have to switch templates to check. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Ralf a bit of a puzzler this one - when you click on an image in the gallery it doesn't necessarily show you the image you clicked on, more often than not it's either the image after or before the one being clicked on.  I went to your demo site to check that it wasn't me or something I'd done and it's the same there lol.  Any idea why this is happening?

Image below is an example and the link for this example is:

https://startrekgate.co.uk/profiles/records/leonard-nimoy-spock-r10/

2020-01-23_19-08-30.thumb.png.f11bee9b46d2cfb8f1059cef2a885113.png

The problem is identified, but it’s more a problem on IPS’ side. I’ll have to see if they are willing to change something or if I need to create a work-around. 

For now: If you prepare the images to be in alphabetical order and upload them in that order, it should work. 
spocka.jpg
spockb.jpg
spockc.jpg

Edited by opentype
  • 3 weeks later...

@opentype Hi Ralf is there anyway to view the category items in order of last updated?  That is without having to resort to using the sort menu option.  At present the items are displayed within each category as they are added; for example the first added is displayed first, whereas I would like to have the last added as first.

I got this to work on the main index page by using the database sorting order as 'last updated' but no such option exists in the category section.

The reason I'm asking this is that when someone enters one of the categories, they would have to scroll to the bottom to see new entries and they could be missed if a user is too lazy to scroll (you understand how you have to lead them to what you want them to see lol).

With thanks

I installed SuperReviws yesterday and very happy.

I use Mode 2, but i think there is something wrong with Quotes, jave a look;

Screenshot_20200215-110015.thumb.png.a441adfa5636b81c180879f5a3df21a6.png

The Title is in quotes and the quote in the gallery? Happens on moblie and Desktop.

What can be wrong, all versions are up2date.

Edited by TheSonic
1 hour ago, TheSonic said:

The Title is in quotes and the quote in the gallery? Happens on moblie and Desktop.

What can be wrong, all versions are up2date.

Check the field keys. That defines the special treatment for the quotes. You might have set the quote field key for the title instead of the quote field — or something like that.  

Edited by opentype
1 hour ago, opentype said:

Check the field keys. That defines the special treatment for the quotes. You might have set the quote field key for the title instead of the quote field — or something like that.  

Just checked it and found no errorss, but unsitalled and reinstalled everything and it's working now.

Is there a way to leave a filed blank in restaurants-tests, we don'T eat a desert, so we can not rate it. Can a add a value, that is not impacting the overallscore?

Thank you

Edited by TheSonic
  • 2 months later...

Another great Template!  Thank for putting all these together! I think i am now using almost all of them 🙂

1. Is it possible to add option for Listings View similar to  "Hide meta data in sidebar" ?

If data is not needed in the record, it is not needed in the listing either.

2. What controls the record image hight? I wanted to adjust it to match the hight of the content of items on the left.

3. I am seeing extra text above the first review in mode 1. 

784772002_ScreenShot2020-05-03at4_28_31PM.thumb.png.23a72e2815215fd4c6fac850e424fd49.png

Thank you!

Steve K.

Edited by misfit76
15 minutes ago, misfit76 said:

Another question. Was it the intent to have the Record Image appear bellow the custom fields in mobile view?

It’s just the normal “responsive flow”. Things ordered from left to right appear top to bottom when they don’t fit on the screen. 
You can choose to put the custom fields below the content if you don’t like this behavior. 

• 5 months later...

Hi! I have just purchased this plug-in but my knowledge is nil for pages and content set up although I have used these forums for about 10 years.

I have tried several times to set up mode2 for review content I would like to include in my community, exactly like the demo. Would it be possible I could have a copy of the database set up used in the demo site? If not, can anyone point me towards documentation which describes the process in more detail.

Thanks,
Joe

On 10/27/2020 at 5:38 PM, mutley said:

Hi! I have just purchased this plug-in but my knowledge is nil for pages and content set up although I have used these forums for about 10 years.

I have tried several times to set up mode2 for review content I would like to include in my community, exactly like the demo. Would it be possible I could have a copy of the database set up used in the demo site? If not, can anyone point me towards documentation which describes the process in more detail.

Thanks,
Joe

Okay, no takers.

On the product page one feature quoted is

• detailed installation instructions as PDF

Can anyone point me to where these instructions are installed? I was expecting them to be in /forum/plugins/superreview but no joy.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, mutley said:

Okay, no takers.

On the product page one feature quoted is

• detailed installation instructions as PDF

Can anyone point me to where these instructions are installed? I was expecting them to be in /forum/plugins/superreview but no joy.

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Ah, I didn't think about this with the new marketplace. I just looked in my old downloads for the previous versions and I don't have the PDF, otherwise I would have uploaded it for you. On the other hand, no install instructions are needed with the marketplace method. 

@mutley Click on the additional information tab on this page it has all the instructions. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9062-pages-superreviews/

• 2 months later...

Hi Ralf, 

Many thanks for this great plugin. 
I've got an issue with Mode 3. Reviews are not showing up on the page displaying the items database. 
I guess a setting is not correct. I can add reviews and I can also see seem on the separate reviews page, but they won't show on the items page. Database relation is added as per instructions. 

Here a few screenshot to illustrate settings. I am running V4.5.4.
It seems the two databases are not properly linked. But I can't figure out wh the reviews are not shown on the item page.
Any hint is much appreciated. 

image.png.4bf830936e0e89512ac387a2a8d773a7.png

Database settings:

- no categories used, star and reviews turned off

Database relation settings:

image.png.c495fbaab06b1faf1c28d574fb02c6d0.png

image.png.314621f1f2cbf35b0317e5017ce851cb.png