Pages SuperReviews (Support Topic)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have problem with block from superreviews.

I made a block for our mainpage to show few last articles, but it looks better on default skin from IPS, that on our default skin. Whats the problem?

Default IPS:

1089865791_magazynasblok2.thumb.png.161ca5ed1fbe72b241ea810eeb517edf.png

Our Default:

1994572513_magazynasblok.thumb.png.9f86f00de77a12696d083e822126985b.png

In our skin there is 2 arts in raw, in IPS 3. Three arts are better for us, because, we have forum boxes with 3 in a row.

Edited by wegorz23
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Installation trouble. Mode 3.

Problem 1. When trying to assign templates, {Articles template > SuperReviews FrontPage} iOS not showing up.

Now stuck at not being able to create a database relationship. Dropdown is greyed out: 'cannot use database... not assigned to a page'

Thoughts?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi. Installation trouble. Mode 3.

Problem 1. When trying to assign templates, {Articles template > SuperReviews FrontPage} iOS not showing up.

The “iOS” was auto correct I assume?
Still not perfectly sure what you are reporting. You don’t see the option to chose the article template or you see it, but don’t see the option of choosing a SuperReviews template?

5 minutes ago, Giray said:

'cannot use database... not assigned to a page'

That means what it says. 😉 Every database must be placed on a page or most of the functionality won’t be available. 

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

The “iOS” was auto correct I assume?
Still not perfectly sure what you are reporting. You don’t see the option to chose the article template or you see it, but don’t see the option of choosing a SuperReviews template?

That means what it says. 😉 Every database must be placed on a page or most of the functionality won’t be available. 

Hi. Yes, autocorrect error. Sorry.

Do not see the dropdown at all. I see the other three but not the article template.

Can't figure out how to place the database on a page. Have looked hard. Help welcome.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Hi Ralf - Is this "xxxenlargeImage" from the SR templates / plugin or something that IPS needs to look at?

Seems to be some left-over debug code. 

You can safely delete the “xxx{lang="enlargeImage"}” from Pages -> Templates -> SuperReviews_RecordDisplay -> review

Hi Ralf - I added the following to the category listing template. Is this how you recommend doing it? Is it even correct?

<form class="ipsSpacer_top ipsSpacer_double" accept-charset='utf-8' action='/search/?do=quicksearch' method='post'>
      <input type="hidden" name="type" value="cms_records{$database->id}" checked>
      <input type='search' id='elSearchField' placeholder='{lang="search_placeholder"}' name='q' autocomplete='off'>
      <br><button class='ipsButton ipsButton_important SuDi_searchButton' type="submit">{lang="search_content"}</button>
    </form>

As always: Support relates to bug fixes and the general use of the software (e.g. installation/settings and so on). But I cannot walk people through customizations. You are free to do them if you have the skills or hire me or others if you need external help. 

Edited by opentype
  • 3 weeks later...

@opentype Hi Ralf, a couple of things you can perhaps help me with.  On the record page I'd like the uploaded cover image to stretch the full width of the screen, if this is possible. I'd also like to get rid of the sidebar in the record page, but keep it on the main listings page - see images below.

image.thumb.png.aad938def47eefec59d180735d964bd0.png

Above - make that image the full width of the container.

image.png.25fb8aaf6ead2506331e4408e34fc7a7.png

Above - remove the sidebar completely but keep it on the main listing page (image below)

image.thumb.png.3787083c751e35c290b0b81c46dc3665.png

Apologies for oversimplifying this, but I wanted to be clear on what to lose on pages and what to keep on pages.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

😊

5 minutes ago, Davyc said:

On the record page I'd like the uploaded cover image to stretch the full width of the screen

Well, that would require significant changes to the template. You are free to try, but I can’t provide help for that. 

I'd also like to get rid of the sidebar in the record page, but keep it on the main listings page - see images below.

Quick hack: Put this in the Pages template of your choice to suppress the sidebar just in certain views of a page. 

{{\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar = false;}}

@opentype Hi Ralf, many thanks for the sidebar code, that worked perfectly.

With a little bit of CSS coding I managed to get the header image to go full width - image below:

image.thumb.png.c9effeebddf36b9bda7d2e0cf1bfdedc.png

I had to experiment with the CSS so that the changes I made did not affect any other areas, but it's there.

Thanks again - great app BTW.

Hi Ralf -

Question 1: Any idea why the Sort By function doesn't work if adjusted via the front end, but works when I adjust it in the database settings?

Question 2: Any idea why the Sort By menu shows two items in bold when I select something like Price in the database settings?

1139206730_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_21_53PM.thumb.png.465287fb8f8be8261a0ff8f1119fe04e.png 1750043177_ScreenShot2019-12-10at12_23_50PM.thumb.png.d90415a528359f3a685a5bb1860b9743.png

1 hour ago, Chris027 said:

Hi Ralf -

Question 1: Any idea why the Sort By function doesn't work if adjusted via the front end, but works when I adjust it in the database settings?

Question 2: Any idea why the Sort By menu shows two items in bold when I select something like Price in the database settings?

I can’t replicate any of that. Works fine if I test it on the demo page for example.