Pages SuperReviews (Support Topic)

Thanks for verifying the settings. I just set up two new pages databases to run through the configuration again. But the result is the same and the review won't display on the car/item page. 

1 hour ago, opentype said:

As soon as you add a car link to one of the review entries, it should appear on the car page. 

Thanks for this pointer, but I am not sure what you mean. I guess it's the part where it would say: " This is a review for the ....read more...". This piece is missing on my review page. How can I add it or how is it added? 

9 minutes ago, evcom said:

I guess it's the part where it would say: " This is a review for the ....read more...". This piece is missing on my review page. How can I add it or how is it added? 

It works like every database relationship field. In fact, this should work even if you deactivate SuperReviews.

You link an entry in the review database:

784037063_Screenshot2021-01-11at10_23_47.thumb.png.689bf853e8d8606c009905fb150b13ec.png

And then it should show on the review record page:

1650121873_Screenshot2021-01-11at10_24_54.png.dfb39cb9b29bf367df9947d7f8864d02.png

And if cross-links are activated, it will show on the record in the foreign database for the entries being reviewed:

1145665377_Screenshot2021-01-11at10_26_31.png.93a70fbf3fe4155f979fb39549c85a3d.png

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Amy Pond said:

I've a question: I set to open a new topic on a specific forum when I add an article; is it possible to truncate the topic after a certain number of characters? Thank you 🙂 

Well, there is no setting or anything like simple that.

But any Pages field does have the “topic format” setting to control what happens to the field content when the entry is posted to a forum. I guess with some custom HTML in there for the Content Field, it could work. Maybe someone would help you with that in the Peer-to-Peer forum, as this Pages functionality is unrelated to the SuperReviews product and its features. 

1 minute ago, Amy Pond said:

Thank you 🙂 I've another question for you, and I don't know if is a "problem" of your plugin or Pages. 

In the topic there's the link to go to the article; I tried to translate the "view full article", but it remains in English. 
Any suggestions for me? 🙂 

I think that will only change for future posts. It’s just text added to a forum post. It’s not dynamic content, which would react to the user language. 

I would like SuperReviews to work in such a way, that Guests cannot add reviews to items in the DB, only logged-in members can.

After having implemented SuperReviews (Mode 3), I ran into an issue that Guests (not logged in visitors) are able to add reviews to the database and the add review button is shown, even though in both databases, the one that hold the records and the one that hold the reviews, guests do not have the permission to add reviews. Is there another "permission-setting" that I overlooked?

image.thumb.png.d477ec8fb62887bb669141fe15629790.png

Appreciate any pointer you might have. Looks like a wrong config somewhere. 

1 hour ago, evcom said:

I would like SuperReviews to work in such a way, that Guests cannot add reviews to items in the DB, only logged-in members can.

After having implemented SuperReviews (Mode 3), I ran into an issue that Guests (not logged in visitors) are able to add reviews to the database and the add review button is shown, even though in both databases, the one that hold the records and the one that hold the reviews, guests do not have the permission to add reviews. Is there another "permission-setting" that I overlooked?

image.thumb.png.d477ec8fb62887bb669141fe15629790.png

Appreciate any pointer you might have. Looks like a wrong config somewhere. 

I am not sure what is going on there. 
To narrow it down further, you could try to assign the IPS stock listing template and see if the button still appears. If so, it would be an IPS issue. If not, I will have to take another look. I guess you have Post before Register activated?

Thanks for this speedy reply and the hint about Post before Register. It was activated and it it caused the behavior. 
So far my experience with post before register does not indicate this to be a "top-feature" and it might have confused some people in the past. So I decided to turn it off.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

My images are cut off when I use the record image.  I've tried changing the setting in the database for the image size, but the changes do not appear to help.  I have ensured that the image is being updated at full size, but still - the bottom and top are being cropped out in the display. 

Do images need to be pre-formatted to a certain size? or do I have another problem that I'm missing?

Could contain: Machine

8 hours ago, brandoninsc said:

My images are cut off when I use the record image.

Yes, it is set up like this. All images will be displayed in a container with the same aspect ratio. That’s standard practise throughout the IPS platform. See blog headers, club headers and so on. 

• 10 months later...

Working with a fresh install of the latest IPB and running into a visual bug. The Overall rating from this review is not being collected and showing the overall score. Have made sure to turn off the reviews and ratings options and it only shows the five gray stars.