OG Image for Forum Topics (Support Topic)

6 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

Hello, it seems this may not work if attachments are stored in Amazon S3?

It shouldn’t matter where the image is stored, as long as its accessible and not outdated. 
I can’t really debug this from a screenshot though. Have you tried to hitting the “scrape again” button as mentioned in the instructions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, RLPVT said:

Would this work if I added an image to a topic but had an auto RSS import connection to Facebook? Meaning it auto posts the from the RSS feed new items.

Haven’t tested it and don’t guarantee it, but auto-posting should also see the Open Graph data when the Facebook crawler looks at the page. So it might work. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I added an image at the top of a topic. I ran Facebook debug to scrap again. I posted the url to the topic manually and not using the RSS and still it is posting the og:image from the settings on the meta for default.

Anything I should look at?

Also RSS feeds to facebook dont show the image either

3 hours ago, RLPVT said:

Also stated in my post above, I already scraped with FB debug. 

And I asked you about the results, since I cannot see them myself since you don’t provide a test URL. You need to help me help you. Or we are stuck at “it doesn’t work”. I am unable to narrow down a potential cause this way. It works for everyone else except you. So something must be specific to your installation or the way you are doing this. 

I will PM a URL to you

BTW...  When I say

I ran Facebook debug to scrap again. I posted the url to the topic manually and not using the RSS and still it is posting the og:image from the settings on the meta for default.

That is the results..... So not sure exactly what part is getting lost in the translation

Edited by RLPVT
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

Technically it would be very difficult to insert a feature to customize the featured photo url?

“Difficult” is subjective and hard to define, but there are no plan to add this to this specific plugin, if that answers your question. It’s simply by design. (and therefore affordable)

30 minutes ago, Fred Krugger said:

Hello, I have sent you the URL of my platform that was shared with twitter through MP

The plugin is working and the image URL is correctly added to the page. But your server blocks the direct access of the image (Status: 403), so the social media service cannot use the images.