Staff Applications System

• 1 month later...

Could you please add the option that when you click on "Decline" that the person can no longer apply? and also display to deny status in the ModACP? Right now if you click on "decline" it's kinda useless, because it only displays it when you click on the application.

And it would be also good if we could instead of just limiting them to apply once(or unlimited), to allow ´them only apply 2-3 times or so(individual amount).
Aka Apply limit = 3, Applys 2 times(2 times rejected but recorded), last time accepted.
and ofc if the application is deleted they gain that application "spot" back.

Regards

15 minutes ago, ZLTRGO said:

Could you please add the option that when you click on "Decline" that the person can no longer apply? and also display to deny status in the ModACP? Right now if you click on "decline" it's kinda useless, because it only displays it when you click on the application.

And it would be also good if we could instead of just limiting them to apply once(or unlimited), to allow ´them only apply 2-3 times or so(individual amount).
Aka Apply limit = 3, Applys 2 times(2 times rejected but recorded), last time accepted.
and ofc if the application is deleted they gain that application "spot" back.

Regards

I’ll take a look when I have to update the app. 

• 1 month later...

Hello! @Adriano Faria

First of all, thank you for your work for this IPS App. It's a great tool.

Second of all, is it possible to make some adjustments?

1. Add an option to remove the content from the added positions in the main pages and show it only on the page of the application. See image below.
    • The argument is that if it is too much content, the page will load it and show the whole text on the webpage, then after 1-2 seconds the text will dissapear as it should be. It's very bad while looking at it during the page load time. An option to remove that text completely would be much appreciated.
  2. Add a more responsive CSS for the attached images to the added positions. At the present moment, the image will not have any responsive at all and it needs to be a square (same width and height). We will need to add some banners right there. Square it's not always perfect, as it will reduce the chances of custom good looking images.
  3. Add the possibility to show other names for the members of the community who see Open Applications/Positions, not the name of the author himself.

I hope these suggestions will be considered in the future releases.

Thank you for your time! 

Image:

1270041802_Screenshot1.png.4eea58399633e8c1911960ccbaf4a4c7.thumb.png.7cc48fa6755a2c430f4d0999a811f65a.png

Hello,

42 minutes ago, gamecore said:

Hello! @Adriano Faria

First of all, thank you for your work for this IPS App. It's a great tool.

Second of all, is it possible to make some adjustments?

1. Add an option to remove the content from the added positions in the main pages and show it only on the page of the application. See image below.
    • The argument is that if it is too much content, the page will load it and show the whole text on the webpage, then after 1-2 seconds the text will dissapear as it should be. It's very bad while looking at it during the page load time. An option to remove that text completely would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re asking here. 

43 minutes ago, gamecore said:

Add a more responsive CSS for the attached images to the added positions. At the present moment, the image will not have any responsive at all and it needs to be a square (same width and height). We will need to add some banners right there. Square it's not always perfect, as it will reduce the chances of custom good looking images.

It uses the ipsThumb classes and it has to be squared due to the tenplate style itself. You can change in your install to whatever you want.

44 minutes ago, gamecore said:

Add the possibility to show other names for the members of the community who see Open Applications/Positions, not the name of the author himself.

What?!?

Hello! @Adriano Faria

Thank you for your reply.

1. "Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re asking here. "
    Please check the photo attached in my previous reply. After that, check the portion of the code below.

2. "You can change in your install to whatever you want."
    Already did it.

3. "What?!?"
    Let's say somebody posts an available position. The author's name will be showed there. It would be nice to change that to anything else directly from your IPS App, not from the code itself. I'm talking about adding a new option and avoiding Anonymous posting. But that's not a must.

The code I'm talking about at 1st idea:

<div class='ipsType_medium ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsSpacer_top' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-type="remove" data-ipsTruncate-size="2 lines">
  $application->truncated()|raw}	
</div>
Edited by gamecore
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Daddy said:

These approval times are getting a bit ridiculous 👀

Thanks for your feedback and I appreciate the concern, but I assure you that all new plugins and updates to existing plugins are treated seriously and not just quickly had a single look-over and irresponsibly approved.

I highlighted this one to the rest of the team and received a quick reply as stated above. I will definitely try and find out whether something can be done to make the process more streamline to prevent unnecessary delays and for future updates to be approved more promptly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What's New in Version 1.8.0:

• Add the ability to add polls to open positions.
    • New option per category.
  • Now you can place Extra Fields in groups, just like Profile Files.
    • All existing fields are placed in a General group when upgrading to this version so you better check your extra fields after the upgrade.
    • Removed the (per extra field) option to display it on the article sidebar or below the description.
  • Add support to Clubs
  • Add open positions images in the Other Media sections of the editor.
  • Fix: missing language bit in Email Statistics.
  • 1 month later...

Is there any way I can hide "Positions" under "Manage Club" for all users?

Currently club owners can add "Positions" to their clubs and seeing as it is functionally disabled for them, and only staff can use this feature to allow members of the site to apply to be site staff and not clubs, we'd like to disable it from showing up under "Manage Club" in a club.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

Is there any way I can hide "Positions" under "Manage Club" for all users?

I don't think so. That's how the clubs integration works unless I remove it at all from the app. Actually it was added only to make polls works:

But I don't see much sense in this app to use Clubs. I'll release a new version to remove it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,
First of all thanks for the good extension.
I have a problem, I can edit applications, but they cannot be saved.
Completed fields are marked as required even though they are filled out.
Is it somehow possible to delete the deleted applications immediately?
1 month until they are finally deleted is quite a long time, especially if you have tested.

Best regards