Members Shop ( Support Topic )

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

spacer.png

will check it out

Nice - Although FYI, I don't see the "new version waiting for approval" message, but I guess that is only visible to the author?

Regarding the error, I should elaborate

I forgot to mention that it still lets me as an Admin, but not as a regular member - even if I've set it to not let admins buy

As an admin, I can't see them in the category, but they do appear on "what's new" or "random items" and can be bought from there

After trying goals, it's an excellent application but I encountered some bugs on the "milestone" goals :

• The goals are validated several times for the members (at least for the shop and the reputation)
  • Goals generate multiple chain tasks on the same goals (I had more than 30 before deactivation)
  • Even disabled the goals seem to work and generate tasks.

Here are some illustrative images, they are milestone goals :

Screenshot_2021-01-05-10-34-08-199_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.543c309c5e61858fde88414cb092f6e2.jpgScreenshot_2021-01-05-10-32-07-596_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.f92993096682f871e3ecfcb4445fe233.jpg

No worries for regular goals for the moment :)

Edited by kims79

How to disable the "Buy points" button? Or hide it or something.

I don't have commerce. I can't remove that button.

It's damn annoying, I don't have commerce and cannot remove that button either. When I click edit on it nothing happens so I can disable that "Buy Points" for real money button.

Also is there a way or can be made a way to buy Points with crypto directly but without coinbase or third party "exchange" ... more like a blockchain or thing or something?

On 1/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, KPDub said:

Any update on this?

Sorry to be a pain (not the best timing for us on our site with renewals) but waiting to see what this brings before making a big decision on our sites future and direction

It is depand on the IPS team 🙃

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I bought your plugin (Member Shop) and I find it amazing.

However I could not find any documentation about it.

I installed it in a test version of Ip.Board.

I can do some things but I can't create an item that the user can buy to increase his points.

Could you please help me?

Thanks
Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

[Edit]

Why come when I purchase something from the shop it does not deduct the points from the user? I can keep buying the item over and over? (Seems to be from the main admin account. I tested on a user, and it worked normally)

I purchased Basic Points and would like to utilize your shop with the basic points database in order to be able to "withdraw" into a USD currency and use the commerce to send withdraw payments. How is this accomplished?

Essentially what I want is for the points to be acquired using the Members Shop application but the point balance to reflect in the Basic Points application so that users can use the bank, the shop, etc.. but be able to use Basic Points to "redeem" their points into USD using the nexus (Commerce) application.

Edited by Christopher Scott Grigg
Add explanation to ensure clarity

Are you able to offer customers the opportunity to buy points by paying with real money? I can not do it...

In the instructions of the plugin it says that it is possible but after a week I gave up...

I'm sorry for this plugin because it really deserves more attention but assistance must accompany.

2 hours ago, modman said:

Are you able to offer customers the opportunity to buy points by paying with real money? I can not do it...

In the instructions of the plugin it says that it is possible but after a week I gave up...

I'm sorry for this plugin because it really deserves more attention but assistance must accompany.

It doesnt seem to work. Ive tried for two days. It just says a conversion rate is not there.

Thanks! That worked!

I will patiently await your response to my previous post.

Also I was wondering if there is any plans to add in the future to deduct points if a post is "soft deleted". I hate having to perm delete a post to automatically remove points. I would like to retain the post if I have to warn a user for it.

Suggestions:

1. Add ability to only give points to referrals if the user has completed tasks such as post count, verified email, and been registered for x days.
  2. Add ability to soft delete posts and still automatically deduct points.
Edited by Christopher Scott Grigg
On 1/26/2021 at 9:54 PM, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Why come when I purchase something from the shop it does not deduct the points from the user? I can keep buying the item over and over? (Seems to be from the main admin account. I tested on a user, and it worked normally)

In the moderator permissions there is a members shop section what allows admins / mods to buy items for free, disable it for the groups you don't want to have the freebies on

On 1/26/2021 at 9:54 PM, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

I purchased Basic Points and would like to utilize your shop with the basic points database in order to be able to "withdraw" into a USD currency and use the commerce to send withdraw payments. How is this accomplished?

Essentially what I want is for the points to be acquired using the Members Shop application but the point balance to reflect in the Basic Points application so that users can use the bank, the shop, etc.. but be able to use Basic Points to "redeem" their points into USD using the nexus (Commerce) application.

the thing with all that is no logs, Unless the dev of that adds the proper way to utilize the points system it will just add points and log nothing

23 hours ago, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Also I was wondering if there is any plans to add in the future to deduct points if a post is "soft deleted". I hate having to perm delete a post to automatically remove points. I would like to retain the post if I have to warn a user for it.

it will be too much code and editing to do that as you may then restore the soft delete then it will need to readd etc etc

23 hours ago, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Add ability to only give points to referrals if the user has completed tasks such as post count, verified email, and been registered for x days.

check out goals

it does lots of random awards etc for users to create comments, upload avatars etc etc read the description on it for all it does

15 hours ago, modman said:

Can someone kindly help me by indicating where is the page shown in the second screenshot.

I can't find it, thank you.

Do you have commerce installed and enabled?

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do you have commerce installed and enabled?

@SC36DC First of all, thank you for your answer, your information helped me find the page in question.
However, even by activating those options I am unable to give users the possibility to increase their points by buying an item with real money.