Members Shop ( Support Topic )

Having multiple currencies (EUR and Swiss Franc CHF) where the ratio is 1 EUR = 1.2 CHF there is no possibility to enter decimals in this setting.

It would be advisable to change the setting to accept decimals or to enter "Points per EUR / CHF" on a basis of x10, not x1...

I think many users (like me) prefer to have an exchange rate 1 = 1 example 10 points = 10 euros.

This is easier for users to understand but at the moment having multiple currencies it is not possible to manage this.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

image.thumb.png.69a33e907b99746d87d6da56aa63834d.png

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

In the moderator permissions there is a members shop section what allows admins / mods to buy items for free, disable it for the groups you don't want to have the freebies on

the thing with all that is no logs, Unless the dev of that adds the proper way to utilize the points system it will just add points and log nothing

it will be too much code and editing to do that as you may then restore the soft delete then it will need to readd etc etc

check out goals

it does lots of random awards etc for users to create comments, upload avatars etc etc read the description on it for all it does

Do you have commerce installed and enabled?

Thanks, that's unfortunate about the soft delete. For the members shop goals; this would work for what I need?
Example: I refer you to a forum under my link. You join. In order for me to get xx points, you would need to verify your email, post 10 times and be a member for x days. This is achievable with that addon? I'm also searching for a way that I can stop issuing points after xx amount of points per 24 hours without having to fully restrict the group to being able to post or comment per 24 hours. I'd just like to stop issuing points. Probably should have researched this a little more through the addons cause DragonByte for xenforo does all these actions. Hope there is a solution.

Edited by Christopher Scott Grigg

While this plugin introduces some wonderful features to Ip.Board, it is unfortunately limited by some hard to manage problems.

Example:

I can only generate invoices in real currencies, not points.

This is confusing if you use multiple currencies, plus people receive an invoice by email as if they paid in Euros (for example), when they paid with their points instead, so no invoice should be sent to them.

To be complete, the plugin would have to create a virtual currency ... just in this way all the problems (legal and fiscal too) would be solved.

Attached is a screenshot that leaves some doubts...

image.thumb.png.02c6e3a4cb98277e8515d58d4c805968.png

Hello,

I'm unable to upgrade member shop.

I have a old version, 1.1.6  because i've modified it to have the ability to use 3 différents membergroup change option.

And now i would like to upgrade to IPS 4.5

But the problem is in the DB :

Error (1050) Table 'membersshop_points' already exists: createTable [{"name":"membersshop_points","columns":{"id":

I have deleted the table, trying to upgrade the APP mais the problem still here

With the marketplace system i'm unable to test another release or to delete the query on the upgrader. The query is on the 1.1.9

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, modman said:

Every day that advances I see Ip.Board and its plugins more and more forgotten by developers.

Dozens and dozens of bugs that are not fixed and projects to create new functions that no one answers or answer after 2 months...

I foresee a dark future for this community and I am very sorry about that.

Something changed during last year, after 4.5 was released. I dont know why

Unfortunately this marketplace developer has decided to vacate the marketplace and is in the process of selling all of his apps to "anyone" willing to buy them.  It is anyone's guess who might buy any of his apps.  Continued support and updates for this app or any others may or may not come to a complete halt while new owners are sought.  What the future of any sold apps will be will remain a complete mystery until such time as the new owners let us know. 

I hope this inspires the community, IPS Staff and the remaining marketplace developers to come together in an effort to improve upon the marketplace and recruit a handful of new developers to be of service to the existing developer community and one day create apps of their own.  

Let's not spend a single moments time complaining and worrying about our apps and the marketplace as a whole and instead come together to collectively craft a marketplace that works for us while being mindful how hard it can be to be a developer.

Edited by Chris Anderson
On 2/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, Chris Anderson said:

Unfortunately this marketplace developer has decided to vacate the marketplace and is in the process of selling all of his apps to "anyone" willing to buy them.  It is anyone's guess who might buy any of his apps.  Continued support and updates for this app or any others may or may not come to a complete halt while new owners are sought.  What the future of any sold apps will be will remain a complete mystery until such time as the new owners let us know. 

I hope this inspires the community, IPS Staff and the remaining marketplace developers to come together in an effort to improve upon the marketplace and recruit a handful of new developers to be of service to the existing developer community and one day create apps of their own.  

Let's not spend a single moments time complaining and worrying about our apps and the marketplace as a whole and instead come together to collectively craft a marketplace that works for us while being mindful how hard it can be to be a developer.

Has @TheJackal84 posted anywhere that he was done developing and will no longer update his plugins? I only recently started using Members Shop, and it is a great addition to the community. I do hope it continues to get developed in some way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Download application broken when the members shop enabled.

To reproduce the issue, you need to toggle the multiple files upload option, and start the upload, on the inputs and content page, the labels are broken and not translated. 

The issue leads to not be be able to upload multiple files.

When the application Disabled:

image.thumb.png.79b0d2d7979ab0a9d8e9a7c06dcebb23.png

When the application Enabled:

image.thumb.png.78aad6acc0d8334fc6b8cfda69802476.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, SebastienG said:

With a new installation, it's work, but i would like to keep the old data

If you have a migration process i can use it.

Thank you. 

It's not work well. I have error for the registration process when i'm enabling the plugin. I'm using custom fields on the registration page. 

On 2/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, SebastienG said:

Hello,

I'm unable to upgrade member shop.

I have a old version, 1.1.6  because i've modified it to have the ability to use 3 différents membergroup change option.

And now i would like to upgrade to IPS 4.5

But the problem is in the DB :

Error (1050) Table 'membersshop_points' already exists: createTable [{"name":"membersshop_points","columns":{"id":

I have deleted the table, trying to upgrade the APP mais the problem still here

With the marketplace system i'm unable to test another release or to delete the query on the upgrader. The query is on the 1.1.9

Thanks for taking the maintenance of this plugin, I've always liked your apps.

Adriano, your patch can solve my issue ?

If not possible, it's possible to have the 1.1.9 release without the marketplace system for upgrading my release before the installation of last release

I have another issue with the lastest release

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\membersshop_hook_RegisterHook::_createMember(), 2 passed in /beta/init.php(893) : eval()'d code on line 61 and exactly 4 expected (0)

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, SebastienG said:

Adriano, your patch can solve my issue ?

The hook in register method is right. If you want to check before 1.0.9 is out, download /applications/membersshop/hooks/RegisterHook.php. The _createMember method should look like this;

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

It requires 4 parameters.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Is it the Downloads issue? I submitted a new version to fix this and another issue on Saturday. It’s pending approval.

It's official, you've taken over this app? WOW, this is incredible news. Definitely happy to see it ended up in your hands. Congrats to you, and thank you. Congrats to all the users of Members Shop, we are in good hands.