Members Shop ( Support Topic )

On 5/6/2020 at 5:05 PM, breatheheavy said:

Hey @TheJackal84 - any help would be greatly appreciated with changing the 'Give Points' text to an icon! 🙏 

Sorry have been really busy lately, I will be online properly and I will help you out with it then send me a shout to remind me, I am currently going through lot's of PM's and posts so could get a bit on top lol

On 5/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, James101 said:

I could use this too 🙂

same as above

On 5/7/2020 at 2:58 AM, James101 said:

Long shot but wanted to ask if its possible to add a feature where it would allow users to add items to Members Shop and a setting where all new submissions must be approved manually?

what items? most items run a script / code so members can't really add things like that, if you are talking about a file what others can download etc etc then you can use it with the downloads app

On 5/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 - Could you also check my PM once you get time. Its about a custom request.

Thank you.

will do I have lot's of unread PM's from the last week so am going through them

7 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

what items? most items run a script / code so members can't really add things like that, if you are talking about a file what others can download etc etc then you can use it with the downloads app

Hey,

Thank you for getting back. I wanted an option where members could add custom items on Members Shop. Its ok if its not possible, was just wondering.

7 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

will do I have lot's of unread PM's from the last week so am going through them

Thank you. Please get back to me once you have time. Its a custom request about integrating polls with Members Shop where users get points for answering polls. Happy to pay for it if its something you don't want to add for everyone.

Thank you.

I have a request 🙂 
Any chance we can get some API Endpoints for the Application?

I'd love to be able to GET Member Points Primarily.
That way we can display a users Member points in our Desktop or Mobile Apps.
And maybe later allow the ability to GET Shop Items and Purchase using Points via API.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM if you have questions about it!

@TheJackal84 - Another suggestion, I know you are against the idea of a notification everytime someone earns points but was wondering if its possible to add an option of daily summary or an automatic daily message that counts all the points earned by the user on that day. It will send a message only if the user earned points and no message at all if the user did not earn any?

Thank you.

Hello fellow Members Shop purchasers,

I'm usually "ok" when using Google Inspect and finding how to target things and adjusting the style with css, but I can not figure this one out.

Could someone please tell me how to change the text color on the item buttons when hovering over the button? When mousing over the button, the color of the text changes to a dark color, which makes it hard to see. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

membershop-itembuttons.gif.cf62d357f94d160169dd518d5b44fb3b.gif

UPDATE:
I figured this out with the help of a css editor add-on for Chrome. 

Edited by SC36DC
On 5/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, James101 said:

Hey,

Thank you for getting back. I wanted an option where members could add custom items on Members Shop. Its ok if its not possible, was just wondering.

would be good but unless it's something to manually download or something they can't add anyhting good, can't allow them to execute a code when redeemed, god knows who will add what, if it is a file they want to sell etc then they could use the downloads app and charge points for them

On 5/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 - Another suggestion, is it possible to add an option to favorite or follow a particular item on Members Shop so users are notified whenever it is restocked or anything is updated?

Thank you.

yeah I can see what I can do in regards to that, dunno what or how but will try and think of a good way to do it, but will wait for 4.5 before any big updates

On 5/19/2020 at 12:24 AM, TimTheMiles said:

I have a request 🙂 
Any chance we can get some API Endpoints for the Application?

I'd love to be able to GET Member Points Primarily.
That way we can display a users Member points in our Desktop or Mobile Apps.
And maybe later allow the ability to GET Shop Items and Purchase using Points via API.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM if you have questions about it!

once 4.5 is out I will check into it and see what can be done

On 5/19/2020 at 6:10 PM, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 - Another suggestion, I know you are against the idea of a notification everytime someone earns points but was wondering if its possible to add an option of daily summary or an automatic daily message that counts all the points earned by the user on that day. It will send a message only if the user earned points and no message at all if the user did not earn any?

Thank you.

Message where? via PM?

On 5/20/2020 at 3:34 AM, SC36DC said:

Hello fellow Members Shop purchasers,

I'm usually "ok" when using Google Inspect and finding how to target things and adjusting the style with css, but I can not figure this one out.

Could someone please tell me how to change the text color on the item buttons when hovering over the button? When mousing over the button, the color of the text changes to a dark color, which makes it hard to see. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

membershop-itembuttons.gif.cf62d357f94d160169dd518d5b44fb3b.gif

UPDATE:
I figured this out with the help of a css editor add-on for Chrome. 

support requires a purchase of the file, where / how are you testing that out

18 hours ago, DarkClaWz said:

why don`t you answer me. I don`t understand \:

I have answered this many times lol yes I will check auto update of stock for the nexty major update but will not promise it as I need to figure out the best and easiest way to do it, as there is many items and lots will now require restocking

Cannot view users profiles after donation are made using Donate Option. If I want to view one IPB shows me an error. 

Here is log from ACP:

SELECT shop_points FROM `ipb_core_members` AS `core_members` WHERE member_id=8556
IPS\Db\Exception: Nieznana kolumna 'shop_points' w  field list (1054)
#0 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/membersshop/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/membersshop.php(67): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(427): IPS\membersshop\extensions\trophies\TrophyCriteria\_membersshop::memberMeetsCriteria()
#5 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\trophies\_Trophy->memberMeetsCriteria()
#6 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Profile/TrophiesAndMedals.php(30): IPS\trophies\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember()
#7 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(222): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\Profile\_TrophiesAndMedals->__construct()
#8 /xxx/public_html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(23): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#9 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\trophies_hook_profile->manage()
#10 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#12 /xxx/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

No matter if I view it as a logged in user or as admin, an error appears every time

5 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

support requires a purchase of the file, where / how are you testing that out

It was purchased directly on your site. Members Shop is easily one of, if not the best plugin in the marketplace. Thanks for creating it. 👍🏼

29 minutes ago, Gangst3r said:

Cannot view users profiles after donation are made using Donate Option. If I want to view one IPB shows me an error. 

Here is log from ACP:

SELECT shop_points FROM `ipb_core_members` AS `core_members` WHERE member_id=8556
IPS\Db\Exception: Nieznana kolumna 'shop_points' w  field list (1054)
#0 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/membersshop/extensions/trophies/TrophyCriteria/membersshop.php(67): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(427): IPS\membersshop\extensions\trophies\TrophyCriteria\_membersshop::memberMeetsCriteria()
#5 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\trophies\_Trophy->memberMeetsCriteria()
#6 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Profile/TrophiesAndMedals.php(30): IPS\trophies\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember()
#7 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(222): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\Profile\_TrophiesAndMedals->__construct()
#8 /xxx/public_html/forum/init.php(820) : eval()'d code(23): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage()
#9 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\members\trophies_hook_profile->manage()
#10 /xxx/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#12 /xxx/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

No matter if I view it as a logged in user or as admin, an error appears every time

that's a bug with it and trophies and medals it should have nothing to do with the donation aspect of it, It has been addressed for the next update though

7 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

It was purchased directly on your site. Members Shop is easily one of, if not the best plugin in the marketplace. Thanks for creating it. 👍🏼

all good, will know in future then if support is needed you are entitled to it :biggrin: don't rush with the setup as depending what you have installed can make it a large setup with lot's of settings and features, when 4.5 comes it will get a nice new update too along with all the updates, plus a new redesigned ACP menu for adding items

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

I'm still getting a strange bug where a permanent promotion for VIP members only lasts for a few minutes before they get demoted back from where they came from. It only seems to happen whilst they're online as well, after a few minutes or so.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but in a separate instance, not having anything to do with Members Shop, I reached out to IPS support regarding a Group Promotion issue I was dealing with, and I received this response:

Hello,

Sorry for any confusion here. The issue here is a bug in the group promotion rules, in which is resolved in the next upcoming release of the platform. It would be advisable to switch off those rules for now until there is a fix available.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

28 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

all good, will know in future then if support is needed you are entitled to it :biggrin:

I appreciate that sir, thank you.

28 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

when 4.5 comes it will get a nice new update too along with all the updates, plus a new redesigned ACP menu for adding items

I'm actually taking my time getting things set up, mostly due to setting up custom items I will be offering. The ACP menu looks great. Looking forward to the update. Is there anyway you could allow me to leave my 5 star review on the Members Shop product page? If not, no worries. 😉

Edited by SC36DC
2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

when 4.5 comes it will get a nice new update too along with all the updates

And with this too?

On 5/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, Asm said:

There's just a problem with the data types. Javascript uses attributes of form fields. It compares them like strings. 500 makes over 300,000. So you need to wrap the attributes in JS in the parseInt function.

2020-05-02_00-32-13.png

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I think this is a serious bug that does not allow comfortable use of the plugin (specifically - Bank). Why should we wait for 4.5?

Due to the fact that Group Promotions is not currently working correctly right now, and will not get fixed until 4.5, it really has an effect on using certain Members Shop items for purchase based on Groups.

I planned on having 4 groups, where the highest of the 4 had all capabilities. The first 3 groups were limited, but were going to be able to purchase the ability with the help of Members Shop. 

Example: Group 1, (New registrants) would have the ability to use a signature, animated profile photo, change member title, etc. DISABLED, but if they accumulated enough points, they would be able to purchase the ability to do so. 

So it looks like I will wait until 4.5 is released, and then wait for Members Shop to be updated to work with 4.5 as well.

-------------------------- Ideas For Adding 'Members Shop' Custom Items [IPS DOWNLOADS/COMMERCE Required]

• Custom Profile Photos
  • Custom Cover Photos
  • Custom Signature Banner

If you are someone who works with Photoshop and After Effects, Davinci Resolve, etc. and is pretty good at using these programs, in a matter of minutes you could create some custom items that your members are sure to enjoy.

Yes anyone can take an image, crop it, and use it as a avatar. But if you know you're way around Photoshop, you can create tons of custom made avatars based on the theme of your forum.

You can then add these avatars to the Downloads section of your forum, and instead of charging real money or offering them for free, you can set a Points price for each one. You can create categories and subcategories to best sort them all out. 

Once you create a master PSD file with the correct size of your avatar/cover photo/signature banner, it will be even faster to create new images. Example, I have 3 PSD's open at a time to create a single avatar. 

1. Create the main avatar.
  2. Create the square shaped screenshot that is shown in the front end, Downloads section. (You can not use the actual avatar as a screenshot, people would be able to view this image and just save and use it without having to purchase it.)
  3. Create a second screenshot showing how the avatar would look like on your actual forum.

To take things a step further, I am also adding as custom items:

• Animated Profile Photos
  • Animated Cover Photos

I don't plan on offering Animated Signature Banners, but you could do that too.

This all depends on your type of forum and what the theme is, but you can add some animation to images with little effort, as long as you utilize some premade green screen footage and animated elements. There are many premade After Effects templates such as Glitch ones, where all you have to do is add your image in there, adjust the intensity of the glitch effect, and then save it as a gif. You can create the effect of someone blinking very easily in Photoshop. The possibilities are endless. Have a horror themed forum? Add some smoke, or fog over an image, blood splatter, etc. 

There are 2 ways you can offer these, make some on your own, and add them to your Downloads section. Or, let people purchase a 'Custom Animated Profile Photo' and let them tell you what they want, to an extent, who they want to use, or what type of effect, then you can create it. Or you can do both methods. Have premade 'Animated Profile Photos' for 9000 points, and 'Custom Animated Profile Photos' for 14000 points. 

Another way I plan on utilizing my Photoshop skills, I plan on creating custom Mobile Wallpaper and have those for purchase in my Downloads section. There are many templates out there already which will help you create wallpapers in the right size. I plan on creating iPhone Notch/Notchless, then standard one, for a large Android size phone such as the Samsung Galaxy S20/Note 10. You don't have to create custom ones to work with the "punch-holes" of these phones, but you can, if you want to offer that many unique style wallpapers. You could always run a poll on your forum and see which type of phones people are using more.

Speaking of wallpapers, I am considering creating custom ones for desktop/laptop too, but these will be last. 
--------------------------

These are just a few ideas I wanted to share with my fellow MS users. If any of you are doing anything special with 'Custom Items' for your community, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Edited by SC36DC
On 5/21/2020 at 9:31 PM, Asm said:

I think this is a serious bug that does not allow comfortable use of the plugin (specifically - Bank). Why should we wait for 4.5?

You don't, 4.5 updates n hold are new features etc, bugs will be fixed, 4.5 could take another 3-6 months etc who knows?, they have not even released a BETA yet and that will be out at least a month before stable versions

I have a version wrote with some bug fixes for the bank and trophies & medals etc do you want to test it before I release it?

5 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

You don't, 4.5 updates n hold are new features etc, bugs will be fixed, 4.5 could take another 3-6 months etc who knows?, they have not even released a BETA yet and that will be out at least a month before stable versions

I have a version wrote with some bug fixes for the bank and trophies & medals etc do you want to test it before I release it?

Can I test it too please? And can you please please check my custom request message if you get time.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I'll happily test too, if it's of any help.

4 hours ago, James101 said:

Can I test it too please? And can you please please check my custom request message if you get time.

Cheers!

Will send it over tonight

9 minutes ago, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 : Another suggestion, is it possible to add an option to randomly award members bonus points. For example, put a number 100K Bonus Points and click on award bonus points. Then the system will award it randomly among users or add an item that allows to do so?

Thank you.

1. Mystery points box
  2. Min amount 10,000 etc / Max amount 100,000 etc
  3. 0 Price in points
  4. Allow only 1 purchase a week / month or whatever you want to do
  5. Choose the usergroups who can buy it
Edited by TheJackal84
4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Will send it over tonight

Thank you 😄

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:
  • Mystery points box
  • Min amount 10,000 etc / Max amount 100,000 etc

I am aware about this option. Was asking if there is something you can add on the Admin side where I enter the amount of points I want to giveaway and the system will award it randomly.
Not a major requirement, just thought of it. No worries if its not possible.