Members Shop ( Support Topic )

@SC36DC, it's not easy, because the functionality is very extensive. Before buying it is difficult to assess the possible pitfalls and match the desired one. The trial period could have helped, but it's a pity it's not possible and you have to face difficulties or inconsistencies after the purchase. There's nothing you can do about it. That's why we write here, hoping for help. :)

15 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Just wanted to circle back. Could you please help me covert 'Give Points' to an icon via custom.css please? I would be suuuuuper appreciative! 

will need to be a manual edit to your html mate, I'll send you the correct one to use and where to put it by the weekend

59 minutes ago, Asm said:

a) I go into the group settings and remove their ability to have a signature.

b) A member of this group buy the item "Add signature" and use it.

c) There is no signature in his posts.

will check it

4. There is a problem with (maybe) localization (Cyrillic).
Suppose you have 300000 points. 
You want to deposit 500 into the bank. But you can't do it, because your 300000 the app interprets as 300,000 - the comma separator works as a whole and fractional separator, and you can only put 300 points in the bank.

thats a problem with your language pack

5. I think there's another problem.
If you disable the ability to install an avatar and allow users to buy an "Upload avatar" item, no one can change or delete the avatar except the one who bought it, including the administrator! I don't think this is right.

redeem the item and it will allow them to change it

55 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Wow, I just going to buy this plugin, but this seems to be a lot of issues, may cause more harm than help the forum. I REALLY want to use this plugin, but I don't want all these issues of things not working correctly and members complaining. It would just be more headaches for me. 

Do me a favour and please don't buy it, Easy as that, always complaining and liking anyone having problems saying I was just about to buy etc etc, Best thing to do is don't, look at other plugins and applications instead

Edited by TheJackal84
12 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do me a favour and please don't buy it, Easy as that, always complaining and liking anyone having problems saying I was just about to buy etc etc, Best thing to do is don't, look at other plugins and applications instead

My apologies to you sir. I am sorry for coming off like that. You have one of the best plugins in the marketplace, period. I should have PM'd a purchaser of your plugin if I had any queries instead of posting publicly. I was out of line, especially since I don't already own the plugin. So many people of the forum thoroughly enjoy your plugin, it really is a game changer. Again, I do apologize for any remarks that have offended you. I genuinely feel bad now. 

Keep up the good work. 

I have a problem with spending points... I set up 1,000,000 points for creating a topic. After this action I decided to check the operation of the items. Initially, everything worked correctly and points dropped out of the account, but after the start a gambling games and several times when I winning the points are locked in place... That's mean no matter how many purchases I make and how expensive the items will be. Points from the account do not disappear.

Only user donations and bank deposits works because after these actions I lose points from my account. Purchase of items is still "free".

Next to this two issues which I wrote above have one new suggestion, which you could implement into next release:

- add option to control users points as site admin (add/edit/remove)

That's because I must create new topic for get points to try the app 😄

Edited by Gangst3r
2 hours ago, Gangst3r said:

I have a problem with spending points... I set up 1,000,000 points for creating a topic. After this action I decided to check the operation of the items. Initially, everything worked correctly and points dropped out of the account, but after the start a gambling games and several times when I winning the points are locked in place... That's mean no matter how many purchases I make and how expensive the items will be. Points from the account do not disappear.

Only user donations and bank deposits works because after these actions I lose points from my account. Purchase of items is still "free".

admins and moderators buy items for free by default, Go to the ACP and moderators then click permissions and disable buy for free in the members shop tab

2 minutes ago, Gangst3r said:

Next to this two issues which I wrote above have one new suggestion, which you could implement into next release:

- add option to control users points as site admin (add/edit/remove)

That's because I must create new topic for get points to try the app 😄

Go to the ACP and to the member you want to add / edit points for and click the button edit preferences then go to the members shop tab and you can add / edit the users points there

On 4/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, DarkClaWz said:

works, thanks.
but it still stays on `dark screen` when they redeem it from the "My Products" menu.
using a table there.

all of my requests and bugs were fixed 🙂
just this small thing now ^
and please add auto-restock.

?

18 hours ago, Asm said:

2. The "Anonymous Browsing" function. How does it work? A user has bought, clicked "Redeem", but it is still visible as online. What is wrong with it?

I have this error on my website too. A member bought it, but when they logged out and back in they were no longer anonymous. 

Hey,

Suggestion: Is it possible to add a search bar within the Members Shop page and not the default search bar? I have over 250 Items on it and sometimes its difficult to find an items as members need to scroll through pages to find it.

Edited by James101
22 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

thats a problem with your language pack

Hmm... My support says:

There's just a problem with the data types. Javascript uses attributes of form fields. It compares them like strings. 500 makes over 300,000. So you need to wrap the attributes in JS in the parseInt function.

2020-05-02_00-32-13.png

22 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

redeem the item and it will allow them to change it

Sorry, I didn't get it.
Member is buying an Avatar. Uses it, the avatar is installed.
Moderator discovers that the installed avatar violates community rules and wants it removed. How can he do that?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Asm
6 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I have this error on my website too. A member bought it, but when they logged out and back in they were no longer anonymous. 

that's how IPS anonymous function works, if you logged in anonymously as soon as you logout your session expires meaning so does the anonymous browsing making you have to go anonymous again

4 hours ago, James101 said:

Hey,

Suggestion: Is it possible to add a search bar within the Members Shop page and not the default search bar? I have over 250 Items on it and sometimes its difficult to find an items as members need to scroll through pages to find it.

will see what I can do, A update is coming to this but not sure if I should just wait for 4.5 as it will need a update for 4.5 I am sure even with the css changes IPS made to the themes

1 hour ago, Asm said:

Hmm... My support says:

alright I will look into it and see whats what

1 hour ago, Asm said:

Sorry, I didn't get it.
Member is buying an Avatar. Uses it, the avatar is installed.
Moderator discovers that the installed avatar violates community rules and wants it removed. How can he do that?

moderators with permissions to edit profiles should be able to delete them from their profile, if not you always have their profile in the ACP what is editable

thank you for your work. it looks like a very nice application.

are points given automatically for a subject, or are members of groups with permissions giving them?

i think having the automatic and manual possibility would be a very good option.

Regarding the comments, I did not read in the description that it was possible to get points also. please add it if possible. thank you

(I'm waiting 4.5 to get the app)

1 minute ago, annadaa said:

are points given automatically for a subject, or are members of groups with permissions giving them?

i think having the automatic and manual possibility would be a very good option.

all the points are done automatically depending what you have it set on etc, In the ACP you can manually award points to users / groups etc

2 minutes ago, annadaa said:

Regarding the comments, I did not read in the description that it was possible to get points also. please add it if possible. thank you

I don't understand that 😕

Just now, TheJackal84 said:

all the points are done automatically depending what you have it set on etc, In the ACP you can manually award points to users / groups etc

I don't understand that 😕

yes I think that sometimes it is better to leave the choice to allocate points manually, because all the messages and subjects do not necessarily deserve points.

is it possible to award points for blog comments?

Edited by annadaa
Just now, TheJackal84 said:

No it don't work with blogs

it would be good to add it because it remains very interesting that the articles can be accompanied by comments. Member shop thus proves to be a beautiful application committing members to participate and making the community interactive and lively.

6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

that's how IPS anonymous function works, if you logged in anonymously as soon as you logout your session expires meaning so does the anonymous browsing making you have to go anonymous again

Oh haha ok my bad! Then it appears it’s functioning properly!!

15 hours ago, DarkClaWz said:

works, thanks.
but it still stays on `dark screen` when they redeem it from the "My Products" menu.
using a table there.

all of my requests and bugs were fixed 🙂
just this small thing now ^
and please add auto-restock.

please respond, thanks in advance.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, breatheheavy said:

Hey @TheJackal84 - any help would be greatly appreciated with changing the 'Give Points' text to an icon! 🙏 

Just circling back. I have tried for days to figure this out but I just don't get it heh. I even tried to hide it with CSS and ran into problems there, too. Not sure what to do 😞