Members Shop ( Support Topic )

23 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I have a version wrote with some bug fixes for the bank and trophies & medals etc do you want to test it before I release it?

Yes, thank you. With changelog, please.

Hi, I have one questions about Points given to members.

I do not see anywhere the possibility of converting user points after setting the appropriate score in selected forums.  then do I have to do it manually for each user??  Or this option is it in the current version but for some reason I don't find it yet or it is actually missing and will appear in the next release?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Gangst3r
2 hours ago, Gangst3r said:

I do not see anywhere the possibility of converting user points after setting the appropriate score in selected forums.  then do I have to do it manually for each user??  Or this option is it in the current version but for some reason I don't find it yet or it is actually missing and will appear in the next release?

I don't understand what you mean, If you are awarding points for posts / topics, then go to the point settings and select the amounts for each forum then once a member creates a post / topic it will award them the points you set

I wrote it wrong.  I meant whether it is possible to award points automatically after installing the application, for example: users already have the appropriate number of posts and topics in the account, but the applications were installed later, which is why they were not accrued before.  now after installing the application and setting the appropriate number of points on the forums, I wanted to start recalculating points, so that each user would receive the appropriate amount in relation to their activity.  this is the case with the trophies and medals application, where after setting the requirements for receiving a given trophy or medal, the system automatically assigns appropriate to each user despite the forum being set up much earlier than the application was released.

I hope that I have described it quite clearly now

Thank you for this plugin! It's a great fit for my community.

Our group uses custom items extensively, though, and we have two things we'd like to see if possible:

1. When a user purchases (and activates) a custom item, they get a pop-up saying it's been used. Would it be possible to also add the event to a user's log? Currently, confirmation is received via PM once it's awarded, but it would be nice if users could also track their purchases through their log, since there's no other way to tell a custom item was bought after it's been used (until it's awarded).
  2. Is it possible to have points awarded per word as an option? Not all engagement is equal in our community, and it would be very nice to be able to appropriately reward people who invest more effort into their contributions.
Edited by Kouren
On 5/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Gangst3r said:

I wrote it wrong.  I meant whether it is possible to award points automatically after installing the application, for example: users already have the appropriate number of posts and topics in the account, but the applications were installed later, which is why they were not accrued before.  now after installing the application and setting the appropriate number of points on the forums, I wanted to start recalculating points, so that each user would receive the appropriate amount in relation to their activity.  this is the case with the trophies and medals application, where after setting the requirements for receiving a given trophy or medal, the system automatically assigns appropriate to each user despite the forum being set up much earlier than the application was released.

I hope that I have described it quite clearly now

No mate it only starts from the install date

10 hours ago, Kouren said:

Thank you for this plugin! It's a great fit for my community.

Our group uses custom items extensively, though, and we have two things we'd like to see if possible:

1. When a user purchases (and activates) a custom item, they get a pop-up saying it's been used. Would it be possible to also add the event to a user's log? Currently, confirmation is received via PM once it's awarded, but it would be nice if users could also track their purchases through their log, since there's no other way to tell a custom item was bought after it's been used (until it's awarded).
  2. Is it possible to have points awarded per word as an option? Not all engagement is equal in our community, and it would be very nice to be able to appropriately reward people who invest more effort into their contributions.

you would probably be better off getting a custom add-on made for your item, if you are selling lots of them and constantly then a add-on would make sense, with a add-on the items can do nearly anything you wanted when redeemed, for example I have made add-ons what adds data to another database when redeemed, one what will pop up and ask the members for information to manually post a item to them with a address field etc, items what will start a download of a file when redeemed and so on, it's limitless basically if using custom add-ons, if your interested send me a PM and we can talk more

9 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

you would probably be better off getting a custom add-on made for your item, if you are selling lots of them and constantly then a add-on would make sense, with a add-on the items can do nearly anything you wanted when redeemed, for example I have made add-ons what adds data to another database when redeemed, one what will pop up and ask the members for information to manually post a item to them with a address field etc, items what will start a download of a file when redeemed and so on, it's limitless basically if using custom add-ons, if your interested send me a PM and we can talk more

Thank you for the response, but I feel like we might not be on quite the same page.

The current iteration of custom items is perfect for our needs, as they aren't actually "items" but custom-made artwork and virtual rewards not related to forum/community functions. Users being able to buy/use an item and needing it to be manually rewarded by a mod is completely fine, as it fits the distribution process. There's no need for address information or anything additional on the user's end.

My concern is related to the time frame between using/redeeming an item and the item actually being awarded. I.e. right now, if a user buys and uses a custom item immediately, if they miss that "purchase" pop up, there's no way for them to tell they bought anything. There's no record of it in their inventory (because it's been used), nor in their log (because it doesn't show here). If that popup is missed, they won't know they bought anything until it's awarded.

Having said that, the second part of our inquiry was actually more important to our needs. Would you advise if a word count-based point reward is possible? Per post is "okay," but per word would be ideal for our community.

2 hours ago, Feretorix said:

Am I blind or I don't find an option in the Commerce where I can add the option to purchase points with PayPal, can anyone help me please? 

I believe the only way to display an option to purchase points is by using a block. 

Hello, still facing a small bug:

when a member redeems an Item from the My Products page he gets dark screen and it stays like that. After refreashing the page the product has been used, but he has to refreash the page to get out of the dark screen.

Also, I have a bug with displaying the products pictures:

L4Q9fI2.png

it displays their real size and not making them to the format of the images.
It also happens at the catergories sections (this is the main shop page).

• 2 weeks later...

Facing a problem with the Bank:

image.thumb.png.9dbda538d6d374b9ded9886c2f86bd24.png

I'm thinking if the table in which the banked points has changed at some point since the original release of Members Shop, it might not have properly moved over, or something. So it could be reading my balance from one table and storing in a different one? I don't exactly know. That would be my best guess, I could be completely wrong and it doesn't like large numbers? 

Either way, I have ~2M in bank, and I try to withdraw 5k, it says that I need to withdraw between 10 and ~2M. 5k is between those two numbers, so I'm at a loss. 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 - Do you have any plans to add more fun games within the Members Shop? I know there is Blackjack but wanted something that would take less resources and be simpler like the current Rock Paper game. You could make it a separate purchasable addon for those who are interested? 

QFE. I will buy pretty much anything that extends the shop in a cool way.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:30 PM, James101 said:

@TheJackal84 - Do you have any plans to add more fun games within the Members Shop? I know there is Blackjack but wanted something that would take less resources and be simpler like the current Rock Paper game. You could make it a separate purchasable addon for those who are interested? 

@TheJackal84 - There used to be an app (on IPB v2.x I think) called IBProbattle.

Basically it was an RPG style game where you attacked fellow members (who could opt in or out of the game) and based on what weapon, armour, health etc that you and your opponent had, a winner was decided.  You went up levels earning XP.  You could buy various things from the shop, weapons, armour, health potions etc..  Every time you battled someone you had the chance to steal some points off them (think they called it gil back then).

Done a bad job of explaining it, managed to find this link to a site professing to be the official site for it, although TBH, I don't remember it being that site when I used it

I remember it being free so you may be able to get a copy and have a look at how it works if it is of interest to you, depending of course if you need / can get hold of an old version of Invision

Something that allowed communities to run their own variation of a given tabletop RPG would be really cool.

• Character sheet with configurable fields
  • RPG items (money, gear, consumables, spells, whatever) can be sold in the member shop
  • Purchased items show as "inventory" on the character sheet
  • Admins or moderators can "gift" items to characters
  • Gaming happens by whatever mechanism the community owner prefers (forums or pages database comments)

Something along those lines would be epic.

Hi! 

Can you please advise how our members can buy points? Where these settings can be found and where the user can find them? 

In the users manual it is specified that the users can do it (please see below), but with no further detailed explanation 

• Commerce ( IPCommerce must be installed for this feature but is not required to run / use this app )
    • Users can buy points for real money ( IPCommerce store not the members shop )

Please advise how these settings can be found. 

Thanks.

Regards.