Pages SuperDocs support topic

13 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

Ok, my dev fixed it. Can I del showing add date at article? 

Yes. There is a “Author in Record View” switch in the plugin settings. 
You are also free to customize the templates however you like, but doing that will be up to you or the devs you work with. I cannot provide customization instructions. 

Author is disabled and this is fine. But I want to hide time of adding it. Its our old FAQ from few years, and I don't want to show, that is added 1 hour ago.

Just now, opentype said:

You are also free to customize the templates however you like, but doing that will be up to you or the devs you work with. I cannot provide customization instructions. 

Yes, I know it. Default view from demo is fine for me.

• 2 months later...

I ask myself if is possible to apply different plugin settings to pages from different databases.

For example I have two database and there is a different header-image for the pages of each database. Did some figured that out? Perhaps it is possible to install same plugin twice, like superdocs_blue  and superdocs_red. Did someone tried this?

25 minutes ago, opentype said:

install same plugin twice

With different paramater maybe. Basically they are the same plugins, but the system would recognise them as different. Just an idea....
Or maybe there is a different way to get it.

Edited by steel51
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I am quite new to articles within IPS so bear with me, When I went to install the file the PDF states to install the "Super Docs Settings plugin" which I did all well and good however, when I came to going to "Pages>Databases>[Your Database]>Edit" I was confrunted with three databases.

Screenshot_31.thumb.png.d705f8636b8759a391ed6a30e37c2486.png

assuming the tutorial meant the main one I used the "Articles" one and procided into the settings for it, then I have a message that states " You have 2 categories in this database. You can only have 1 category to store records in the database directly. If you wish to disable category support please move articles to a single category and delete the no longer needed categories." so I don't know if that may be causing an issue.

Screenshot_32.thumb.png.e6d9c20d1fc7c1c87d1e83cb1327ea61.png

When I come to use the category templates that are specified there are non of the ones that are listed in the PDF as shown below:

Screenshot_33.thumb.png.c238faeb63226e9458b164ff8a279994.png

As I say I am very new to articles within IPS and getting them to work on the front end so any help you can provide me with in reguards to this issue would be much appriciated. 🙂

4 hours ago, lostking329 said:

When I come to use the category templates that are specified there are non of the ones that are listed in the PDF as shown below:

It means you haven’t installed the templates yet. Go back in the instruction and perform this step:

In the ACP go to Pages > Templates

• Click Upload Templates to install the SuperDocs Template XML file

3 hours ago, lostking329 said:

Do you have a plugin for enabling images on the posts within the categories of your super docs by any change as I would love to be able to add images to them if so. @opentype

There is no direct support for images for records in the listing view. 
You could experiment with custom fields. They are supported on the listing view. It would require some HTML knowledge though to create a proper output. 

5 hours ago, lostking329 said:

Looking at other sites that have used your plugin, they have been able to add images to theirs: Screenshot_35.thumb.png.d530d34203b241546ad78abb9eb192aa.png

That’s the SuperGrid template. You can use that of course, but then you can’t use the SuperDocs template—at least not for the listing view. It’s one or the other. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to make the sidebar to look even more like there? https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/welcome/about-invision-community-r7/#apps

I mean that the items that are on the SUB SUB category would be minimized by default. for example that CORE would be minimized in this page when you are viewing an item that is in PAGES subcategory - https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/ips-community-tips/pages/original-filenames-for-pages-upload-fields-r14/

also what about adding the table of contents something like: have you ever thought about putting that in a new version?

In This Guide:

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 8:41 PM, Maxxius said:

@opentype

I mean this like in screenshot below. Can your mod be made like in the left side?

Qo6Hbju.png

Is this plugin still being supported? There hasn't been an update for a while (maybe there hasn't been one needed), and I noticed there hasn't been a reply to this post.

Just checking as I am interested in purchasing this.

I am EXTREMELY new to Pages. Does this come with documentation on how to use it? 

Thank you.

Edited by SC36DC
5 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Is this plugin still being supported?

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

I am EXTREMELY new to Pages. Does this come with documentation on how to use it? 

Yes, it comes with a PDF guide explaining the installation and configuration. BUT: This product is just a template set changing the visual output of Pages blocks. It won’t explain Pages. It is highly recommended that users of this product already have experience in setting up Pages blocks. 

45 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yes. 

Yes, it comes with a PDF guide explaining the installation and configuration. BUT: This product is just a template set changing the visual output of Pages blocks. It won’t explain Pages. It is highly recommended that users of this product already have experience in setting up Pages blocks. 

Would it be at all possible to PM me the PDF guide so I could see if it would be something I could manage? If not, no worries at all. Thank you for the quick reply. 

I purchased this. Looking forward to setting it up. 👍 

I'm a little unclear on what to do after creating the Records as my FAQ. I would love to have my FAQ look like the demo. 

https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/support/

https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/support/where-do-i-ask-for-help-r3/

Here's my FAQ page. https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/faq/

But I don't understand why the records I created don't show up after clicking the corresponding category the records are filed in. 

• 2 weeks later...

@opentype You can be any kind of person and I'm not interested.
But as a potential buyer, before buying this extension from you, I want to hear from you the answer to my question above.
Will your Highness deign to lower his pride and answer us who walk the earth?
In advance to you with gratitude for your answer and attention to us stupid and brainless users.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, Tirel said:

@opentype

hello. is your extension able to organize a section of documentation like this ?
https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/welcome/about-invision-community-r7/

Yes and no.

By default you have a different layout for the category and listing templates, but the view is similar in the articles view.
You can see an example here: https://www.opentype.space/superdocs/product-list/pages-templates/supergrid-r8/

On 5/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tirel said:

@opentype You can be any kind of person and I'm not interested.
But as a potential buyer, before buying this extension from you, I want to hear from you the answer to my question above.
Will your Highness deign to lower his pride and answer us who walk the earth?
In advance to you with gratitude for your answer and attention to us stupid and brainless users.

Without knowing what the situation in life is for @opentype in these trying times, please do not let your frustration overshadow your compassion and respect for others.

@opentype will respond as quickly as he can and the rest of us will try to answer what questions we can until he do.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:13 PM, SC36DC said:

Would it be at all possible to PM me the PDF guide so I could see if it would be something I could manage? If not, no worries at all. Thank you for the quick reply. 

Do you know where the templates to the pages are and how to edit them?
If you do, then you should be fine and if you don't then I am sure the PDF will explain. If there is confusion, then we'll help you get it done 🙂