Pages SuperDocs support topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've located a bug. Don't think it's anything I've done. Could you check it yourself for me.

When posting a link to a record within a topic. Url structure of my url below!

https://www.**.com/knowledgebase/guideline-definitions/no-advertising-r63/

It embeds correctly. But clicking it takes you to a new page ?do=embed query instead of taking you to the content.

Edited by Netherlord
1 minute ago, Meddysong said:

That sounds familiar. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago but I forgot to file a bug report. I don't have SuperDocs, so it's nothing to do with that.

Oh. Thanks. Could be IPS related then. I just assumed since it only affects the embeds on databases.

Tested with another blank database... Confirmed. Ips related.

Just now, opentype said:

Yeah, it’s a bug in the current IPS release. It’s known. Pretty sure it will be fixed in 4.2.3.

Thanks for the confirm. Sorry to bother you :)

• 1 month later...

I've set mine up to be like a guide system, where I've got categories, and sub categories within those categories, and then each article is a part numbered 1, 2, 3, etc within the subcategory. Is there anyway that like the Category does, that I can make sub-categories collapsable too? Like so:

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tripp★
Removed information that can be traced back to my site (NSFW).
  • 4 weeks later...

Well done for creating this plugin and templates! It has erased the initial disappointment of going from IPB v3 to v4 (and therefore IP.Content to Pages) for me :).

Anyway, I've got a question - can thumbnails be added to Articles List (middle pic in your example above) perhaps even have them displayed the same way as categories?

Or maybe what I'm asking can be achieved by using Supergrid's listing template for articles list?

Please advise.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey opentype - 

Love your SuperDocs - I've bought a few of them over the past year.

I do have an issue though - there's an option in SuperDocs that says "Author in Record View".

When unclicked, it still shows (edited) and the time the article was added. How would I remove both of these?

Screen_Shot_2017-11-26_at_9_21_56_PM.png.9d301c8c6cd7f7c236742db9c3ed3936.png

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, James W said:

You'd think something like that would remove the whole thing pertaining to the author..

The date isn’t “author information” though. One might still want to see if an article is recent, independent from who wrote it. 

44 minutes ago, James W said:

You'd think something like that would remove the whole thing pertaining to the author.. not just the name of the author.

The suite's Display template sets contain a template recordEditLine and so there should be one of those for this template set to. I'm fairly sure that the lines

<strong>{lang="date_edited" htmlsprintf="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $record->record_edit_time )->html(FALSE), htmlentities( $record->record_edit_member_name, ENT_QUOTES | \IPS\HTMLENTITIES, 'UTF-8', FALSE )"}</strong>
	{{if $record->edit_reason}}
		<br>{$record->edit_reason}
	{{endif}}

are what's producing what you see there, so it might be worth going to the recordEditLine template which this plugin uses, deleting that text, and then seeing whether that solves your problem. 

Thanks @Meddysong, I suppose this was more of a suggestion than a 'request for support'. Regardless, the line to remove in the template would be under the "record" item:

{{if $record->editLine()}}
				<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>
					({lang="edited_lc"})
				</span>
			{{endif}}

In case anyone wants to remove/modify it. To do what I was suggesting, just move the if statement around the $record->editLine() to allow for easy removal/adding back via the actual SuperDocs settings:

<p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_large ipsType_blendLinks'>
          {{if settings.SuperDocs_showauthor}}
			{lang="content_record_started_by" htmlsprintf="$record->author()->link()"}

{{if $record->editLine()}}
				<span class='ipsType_light ipsType_medium ipsType_reset'>
					({lang="edited_lc"})
				</span>
			{{endif}}
          {{endif}}
		</p>

Anyways. Much love. My comment to you @opentype wasn't meant to be sarcastic, hope ya know! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Trying this out. I get a missing template error at the comment section of record display (sample)

Pecan_Mini_Pies_-_Community_-_ClanDestination.thumb.png.a26df073052b7b9ba189f39a5ae0ad62.png

That's a capture after running the support tool and letting it disable everything and revert to a default template. 

Setting the database to use SuperHelp record display does not appear to call that particular template.

I'm on 4.2.8. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have followed the installation instructions but have no idea what I do now. I don't know anything about the pages, templates, blocks, databases.... all I know is I can move blocks on the front end into place where they are needed.

I tried following the IPB guide on pages but nothing in there seemed relevant to this plugin/template.

Is there an instruction manual or video that goes over how to create an example guide?