Pages SuperDocs support topic

23 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

I tried following the IPB guide on pages but nothing in there seemed relevant to this plugin/template.

SuperDocs is a styling for regular Pages databases. So you need a Pages database, add it to a page and add records. SuperDocs templates are then just assigned to it all and make it more beautiful. ?

So, yes, please follow the IPS Guides for setting up Pages databases. If you go through their “Basic Tutorial: Building a recipe section” section, you learn everything you know. 

Edited by opentype
2 hours ago, opentype said:

SuperDocs is a styling for regular Pages databases. So you need a Pages database, add it to a page and add records. SuperDocs templates are then just assigned to it all and make it more beautiful. ?

So, yes, please follow the IPS Guides for setting up Pages databases. If you go through their “Basic Tutorial: Building a recipe section” section, you learn everything you know. 

I am able to set up everything but I do not get a add record or add guide button so that I can create the guides. Maybe it is a permission issue where admins are not allowed to create new records? I think I have all the permissions setup properly, at least from what I can tell. 

Also, my categories are stacked and look terrible.

Here are some screenshots:

guides.png

clubs.png

Hello.

Updating both the plugin and templates (to version 1.1.1) results in this error code: 

image.thumb.png.07381fa1675ba70fd93810570888ee76.png 

Full error log: 

ErrorException: template_store_missing template_cms_86f5a00788fee4a8f87fa955bf3b3af6_superdocs_categorylisting (0)
#0 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(148): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('superdocs_categ...', 'cms', 'database')
#1 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(155): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_Superdocs_Categorylisting_old->index(Object(IPS\cms\Databases), Array, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly))
#2 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(51): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->view()
#3 /home/suketchi/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->manage()
#4 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(325): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/suketchi/system/Theme/Theme.php(4311) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\content_pages_12()
#7 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1218): call_user_func('IPS\\Theme\\conte...')
#8 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2190): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#9 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(73): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#10 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#11 /home/suketchi/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#12 /home/suketchi/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/suketchi/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#14 /home/suketchi/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

I'm running IPS 4.3.1.

29 minutes ago, Shiyo said:

Hello.

Updating both the plugin and templates (to version 1.1.1) results in this error code: 

Mhh, sorry. Not sure how that happened. Those are not the right templates in the package. I will upload a new version in a few minutes. 

Edited by opentype

It’s based on your database ordering settings, so it’s actually unrelated to SuperDocs. You can pick an order field and direction in your database settings. If the default fields are not enough, you would have to create a custom order field, e.g. a number field, so you can add numbers to each record to order them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day,

I went through the F.A.Q. and read the posts here and still need a bit of help. It's very possible I missed the information. If so, just send me in the right direction. 

On the Articles page of my site, I would like to remove the background image from the header (see screenshot). I am very low-tech, so please give me information in Village Idiot terms :cool:

URL of Site: http://www.stormshelter-rpg.com/

URL of Page: http://www.stormshelter-rpg.com/articles.html/

Screenshot

514488766_removebg.thumb.png.45980b97a45c64a111127c440556ff70.png

I think your "Super" applications / plugins will solve my total inability to learn how to create and manage Pages. At least, I hope so. I have SuperGrid and SuperHelp. I just haven't installed them yet.

Thank you. I appreciate any and all help. 

~ Stormwolfe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While browsing few of your SUPER products, just like to check if any of your products can help me create a Car Comparison (side by side) module in my Car Community?

I do have IP Pages and wish to load tons of car specification data and eventually offer a car comparison tool for my community members.

• 6 months later...
20 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

Hello, Ive just buyed and installed it.

I have all templates at default skin (Ips one), but not on my other skins. Could you help me?

I don’t understand the questions. SuperDocs is a set of Pages templates. That’s independent from any themes. 

2 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

Yes, thats what I thought. But its not. ;/

Well, that would be a problem in your theme. The different CSS files are merged automatically. When there is a problem in one file, for example the custom.css, the plugin CSS files might not work. 

With ACP access I could check if I quickly spot a problem. But ultimately, the screenshots prove that it works in general, so theme problems would have to be solved by you or your theme designer.