Raffles System

If I "Lock" a Giveaway, does this mean that it will be displayed on the front end, people can see the prize(s), they just won't be able to enter/participate?

Also, even if I leave the Giveaway locked the whole time, will it still pick a winner automatically once it ends?

I want to state that for every dollar they donate, will earn them 1 ticket. Then I will manually add them with the amount of tickets they earned. This way when payment goes through Paypal, it will be under Donations.

Just curious, if I did set it up as a Raffle, and someone bought tickets, because I am using Paypal, do you know what info is displayed on the Paypal side? Does it actually say "Raffle" and mention tickets, etc?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Edited by SC36DC

1 more thing, my first Giveaway has just ended, I had it set to pick a winner, and I don't see anywhere on the front end or back end where it has chosen a winner. I do have the block enabled on the dashboard. 

Is there something I am missing? What is suppose to happen when it chooses a winner? 

Thanks.

UPDATE: It chose a winner at the next hour. So If it chooses a winner on the hour, should I set the giveaway to end at like 11:59 so it will pick someone at 12:00?

Edited by SC36DC
3 hours ago, SC36DC said:

If I "Lock" a Giveaway, does this mean that it will be displayed on the front end, people can see the prize(s), they just won't be able to enter/participate?

Lock by default doesn’t allow comments and reviews. I also disallow people from participating. 

Also, even if I leave the Giveaway locked the whole time, will it still pick a winner automatically once it ends?

No.

Just curious, if I did set it up as a Raffle, and someone bought tickets, because I am using Paypal, do you know what info is displayed on the Paypal side? Does it actually say "Raffle" and mention tickets, etc?

It will display the name of raffle. There are specific laws to specific countries. I’m certainly not from your country so that’s up to you to see how things are in your country.

2 hours ago, SC36DC said:

1 more thing, my first Giveaway has just ended, I had it set to pick a winner, and I don't see anywhere on the front end or back end where it has chosen a winner. I do have the block enabled on the dashboard. 

Is there something I am missing? What is suppose to happen when it chooses a winner? 

There’s a task that runs twice a day. You have to wait for it to run and it will pick winners. 

2 hours ago, SC36DC said:

UPDATE: It chose a winner at the next hour. So If it chooses a winner on the hour, should I set the giveaway to end at like 11:59 so it will pick someone at 12:00?

By running manually, means start the auto picking process manually to not wait for the task. It doesn’t mean you will choose UserA and UserB to give the prizes. Ans no, if you ran it manually, it won’t run anymore as winners were already picked.

10 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

By running manually, means start the auto picking process manually to not wait for the task. It doesn’t mean you will choose UserA and UserB to give the prizes. Ans no, if you ran it manually, it won’t run anymore as winners were already picked.

I didn't know it worked this way, thank you so much for clarifying this.

Hello,

I am facing an issue with Raffles -

When setting the raffle ticket price as bonus points, some users see 'You cannot participate' error even though they have bonus points. I think this error is because I donated bonus points and they did not 'earn' it from posting but not sure.

I asked TheJackal84 but he said to contact @Adriano Faria

Thank you for reading.

27 minutes ago, James101 said:

When setting the raffle ticket price as bonus points, some users see 'You cannot participate' error even though they have bonus points.

I'm curious about this, since I use the Raffles plugin now, and will be purchasing Members Shop soon. You stated that some users are having this issue, so other users were able to purchase raffle tickets with points? 

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, James101 said:

Yes, users who earned points through activity could apply. Users to whom I donated bonus points were not able to even if they had enough points.

I appreciate you getting back to me. Thank you. Besides this, how has the plugin been working for you? Your community like it?

8 hours ago, James101 said:

When setting the raffle ticket price as bonus points, some users see 'You cannot participate' error even though they have bonus points. I think this error is because I donated bonus points and they did not 'earn' it from posting but not sure.

@TheJackal84, I guess I should use $member->shopPoints() to see the points? And this includes the donation mentioned above?

Raffles was integrated before the PM you sent so I'm still using the column ( shop_points ) to check.

6 hours ago, SC36DC said:

I appreciate you getting back to me. Thank you. Besides this, how has the plugin been working for you? Your community like it?

It has just been a week since I started using it. The app does a decent job and the adoption by users is quick. A few things could be changed here and there to make it more useful but depending on what you are using it for, it is a great app overall and has a lot more potential in the future.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.4.2:

• Fix integratation with Members Shop

Thank you 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, once a user wins a prize is there a way to have a preset message sent to the user with details of their prize automatically when the winner is picked or someting? as from what I can see you can see who won but then you have to manually check the winners and message them privetly about their prize to give them the code for what they have won etc.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Edited by Kingz

The user receives a notification linking to the raffle. I really don’t see any sense in send a notification and then a message. That would be like a spam! 

I could replace but then the if someone disables the messenger, no message will be delivered. So no, user can easily click in the link of the notification or email and see what he earned. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I get this error when I try to remove member from Raffle --

UPDATE `x_utf_ibf_raffles_raffles` raffles_raffles  SET `raffle_tickets`=-1 WHERE raffle_id=24 
IPS\Db\Exception: Out of range value for column 'raffle_tickets' at row 1 (1264)
#0 system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Content\\h...', Array)
#1 system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`x_utf_ibf_raff...', '`raffle_tickets...', 'WHERE raffle_id...')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 init.php(820) : eval()'d code(75): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 applications/raffles/sources/Raffle/Raffle.php(1489): IPS\Content\hook1210->save()
#5 applications/raffles/modules/front/raffles/view.php(1450): IPS\raffles\_Raffle->decreaseRaffleTickets(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->removeMember()
#7 system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 applications/raffles/modules/front/raffles/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\raffles\modules\front\raffles\_view->execute()
#10 index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

• 2 months later...

Hi, how can change this points to the custom currency I've set in membersshop addons?

image.png.6b366cc2bf266e1ecf12fe19a9b40929.png

also how do I pick winners manually , I've created a test raffle and selected the option to choose winner randomly but even after the raffle has expire it doesn't show the option to choose a winner in the acp widget as instructed.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ibinod said:

Hi, how can change this points to the custom currency I've set in membersshop addons?

As I already replied to you in the private message, POINTS is a setting in the Members Shop app, so ask to @TheJackal84 or post in the Members Shop support topic.

2 minutes ago, ibinod said:

lso how do I pick winners manually , I've created a test raffle and selected the option to choose winner randomly but even after the raffle has expire it doesn't show the option to choose a winner in the acp widget as instructed.

You are confused about the setting. It says RUNS MANUALLY and not PICK MANUALLY

By running manually, means start the auto picking process manually to not wait for the task. It doesn’t mean you will choose UserA and UserB to give the prizes.

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

As I already replied to you in the private message, POINTS is a setting in the Members Shop app, so ask to @TheJackal84 or post in the Members Shop support topic.

You are confused about the setting. It says RUNS MANUALLY and not PICK MANUALLY

By running manually, means start the auto picking process manually to not wait for the task. It doesn’t mean you will choose UserA and UserB to give the prizes.

Hi, seems like you've read my question wrong, I've never talked about choosing UserA or UserB to give prize..

here you have the option where it says I can choose winners manually after adding the block on acp dashboard, which i've

image.thumb.png.7e85536609e5ebd3567e8390f0b1451c.png

and I've created some test raffles

image.thumb.png.e508d1f3b7d8db0184f2b3c11646794a.png

but after the raffle has expires, the raffle end time keeps increasing only on backed and I don't see an option to choose the winner on ACP widget

image.thumb.png.9331f982ba3c8fef244e8bceef1a7e01.png

Edited by ibinod