Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

11 hours ago, GASR said:

@TAMAN

For some reason I can only have one column per row now.  (I did update to 4.2.3 that was just released today.)  I used to have 4 columns on each row, but now when I save, it'll delete all of them except for the first one tagged.  I've tried re-uploading a fresh copy, but the problem still persists.  I'm not sure if it's me or if an update needs to be made.

Preview of me saving it with multiple columns, and going to edit it again, only one on each row is left:

https://i.gyazo.com/99898ed5aabf8efd580f5a213bc70e7f.mp4

The plugin needs to be upgraded for ips 4.2.3 :) please be patient 

@GASR Sorry, This is a bug in IPS 4.2.3 and i have reported the issue, it will be fixed soon i hope

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

we have the latest version of IPS installed

I just edited  the advanced footer custom block and it's saving my changes fine in acp

but the new changes are not showing up on the site

have run the support clear cache tool - same problem

I just installed advanced footer on latest version 4.2.4 and everything works fine 

Maybe double check of settings you are using

6 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I haven't changed any settings and have always added to it in the past without any problems

Which custom block exactly? i tested with both html and editor and both works fine to me, have you edited any plugin templates?

maybe send me a login info with access to plugins page i can check and see whats the problem

16 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Which custom block exactly? i tested with both html and editor and both works fine to me, have you edited any plugin templates?

maybe send me a login info with access to plugins page i can check and see whats the problem

Hi,

It's the middle one - quick links. I will sort out acp access for you tomorrow

https://www.walkingfootball.com

One other question - There is a lot of space to the left of the home menu link at the top. I there a way to shift the menu items to the left more so we can have more links on display?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

yes this was done

what theme are you using? can you check if it works on default theme

it its still not working with default theme, then please double check the settings you MUST enable the blocks you want to show in footer AND you MUST add each of this blocks in the configuration tab 

nobody has issues with it its only on your side, if you feel ok about it send me a login info with access to plugins page i can check

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Eric Allione said:

No luck on getting the Twitter feed to work. Any suggestions? I will leave my ACP credentials the same as yesterday if there is something you might think would help to check. The Twitter url I'm trying to connect to the feed is: https://twitter.com/vnetworking

Input:

Output (No tweets):

2017-10-08_15-12-47.thumb.png.64aee8241559c67e21324189f395852c.png2017-10-08_15-24-28.thumb.png.de9d3ae2ab8e7985cd9fd529d649ec62.png

Twiiter name NOT twitter link

put only this vnetworking :) 

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 7:13 PM, TAMAN said:
On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Cyboman said:

I have a private community, "on invitation only".

Is there a chance that the advanced footer and its contents inside only display for registered, validated, logged in members or even only for defined member groups?

Non-registered visitors shouldn't see f.e. the connected facebook account, so that they won't be able to identify the community from the outside. And google wouldn't index personal informations like email addresses, phone numbers...

I will add that option in next version very soon as someone else also asked for here :) 

Hi, does it already have a setting for the display limit for member groups? I want to exclude guests...

Other question:

I can insert a facebook "widget" in advanced footer to my FB profile, which has an "active like" button on it. Is there any chance, that the like button could act conform to data privacy rules, f.e. the Shariff solution: https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff

In short: the mentioned solution prevents facebook from tracking members site visits (usually, facebook tracks everything by default if you insert a facebook widget on your page).

Probably it will require a stand-alone plugin for Facebook, but maybe it's easy to do it with advanced footer.

48 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I can insert a facebook "widget" in advanced footer to my FB profile, which has an "active like" button on it. Is there any chance, that the like button could act conform to data privacy rules, f.e. the Shariff solution: https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff

In short: the mentioned solution prevents facebook from tracking members site visits (usually, facebook tracks everything by default if you insert a facebook widget on your page).

Probably it will require a stand-alone plugin for Facebook, but maybe it's easy to do it with advanced footer.

No clue, sorry, you are on your own for any customizations