Jump to content

Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]


TAMAN

Recommended Posts

Just now, Loren said:

After adding blocks I get a fatal error.

blocks.thumb.png.a9ce3ded7e21655652371b49ee63a3cb.png

 

Have you deleted the plugin version?

also, may i ask what blocks you add? and try to disable each to check which one causes the issue 

 

thank you.

Just now, JTHastings said:

oops, spell check!

2018-02-28_15-57-45.jpg.980a6e1a674482c02329d4146c5edc75.jpg

AGH :D 

just re-uploaded the file in marketplace 

if you re download and update it should fix

 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Have you deleted the plugin version?

also, may i ask what blocks you add? and try to disable each to check which one causes the issue 

 

thank you.

The issue seems to be when using a Pages block and selecting just a few categories. All categories work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Loren said:

The issue seems to be when using a Pages block and selecting just a few categories. All categories work fine.

I will take a look later, select all categories for now :) 

thank you for pointing it out :*

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@TAMAN

If I upgrade from the plugin to the new app, will all my previous configuration be lost? Will I need to reconfigure the footer?

Unfortunately yes there is no update from plugin to the new app

 

19 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Guess I have to uninstall the plugin if updating? That point is missing in the install instruction. Thanks.

No you don’t have to uninstall 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

Thanks my friend, it's REALLY not showing up here at all. They do show up in the Create New area for the columns but not in the Configuration tab.

2018-02-28_16-54-07.thumb.jpg.5cf6e572afdf3369c6e641f50537591f.jpg

Wait

Yes the themes setting should appear while creating columns and NOT in the configurations tab. the screenshot you showed me was during development

Ignore the screenshots here in this topic and look at the advanced footer file in marketplace the screenshots from there is accurate 

I hope everything is fine now :)

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loren said:

The issue seems to be when using a Pages block and selecting just a few categories. All categories work fine.

Just added a quick patch for the current version and fixed this problem

this happens if you select a database which hasn't been added to any pages, basically a database that no one can access on front-end side due to no pages

so with this update you can not select a database if it is not assigned to a page :) 

53815a4707cea61e5cbecea225216cd9.png

 

Please re-download and update 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I uploaded the most recent file just now and my footer does not show up now, settings are all there but no footer???

 

AND, I just rolled it back to a previous version and it's back. Something broken in the newest version I'm thinking.

Any chance you can start changing the version number?

Edited by JTHastings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Just added a quick patch for the current version and fixed this problem

this happens if you select a database which hasn't been added to any pages, basically a database that no one can access on front-end side due to no pages

so with this update you can not select a database if it is not assigned to a page :) 

53815a4707cea61e5cbecea225216cd9.png

 

Please re-download and update 

Sorry, but I still get the same error.

There is one database (articles) and it is assigned a page (index).

 articles.thumb.png.0f79a9169fc1731b95e9b0afe4e9ea33.png

page.png.fe243bd96985d7e6fba2b4c7ea7930ba.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Need some help, I created some test blocks and have been playing around with the settings to see just exactly what the different features are and I have two questions but I'm not sure if the controls for this is in the Advanced Footer App or somewhere else?.

I created a block for the Social Links at the bottom and they are just BLACK squares with no icon regardless of the theme being used. How do I change that?

I created a block using Members to contain a listing of our staff and their blocks are black and hard to read in any theme. How do I change that?

2018-02-28_22-05-38.thumb.jpg.514630e6ba47600386d68800ac600c85.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTHastings said:

I uploaded the most recent file just now and my footer does not show up now, settings are all there but no footer???

 

AND, I just rolled it back to a previous version and it's back. Something broken in the newest version I'm thinking.

Any chance you can start changing the version number?

Sorry, a silly mistake please re download and update 

Just now, JTHastings said:

Need some help, I created some test blocks and have been playing around with the settings to see just exactly what the different features are and I have two questions but I'm not sure if the controls for this is in the Advanced Footer App or somewhere else?.

I created a block for the Social Links at the bottom and they are just BLACK squares with no icon regardless of the theme being used. How do I change that?

I created a block using Members to contain a listing of our staff and their blocks are black and hard to read in any theme. How do I change that?

2018-02-28_22-05-38.thumb.jpg.514630e6ba47600386d68800ac600c85.jpg

Make sure your social links icon classes are correct :) if not then the icons doesnt show 

the setting is provided with an example to get you going 

as for the Members block, the names will take your user group colors to change that you would need a custom css, i will provide an example later 

 

 

Just now, Loren said:

Sorry, but I still get the same error.

There is one database (articles) and it is assigned a page (index).

 articles.thumb.png.0f79a9169fc1731b95e9b0afe4e9ea33.png

page.png.fe243bd96985d7e6fba2b4c7ea7930ba.png

 

 

mmm thats weird can you go to ACP > Support and send me the error logs with a message?

in my side the issue was due to the databases not assigned to pages which i have fixed 

i also tested selecting multiple database categories and so on everything works fine

 

Update the application btw :) 

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Make sure your social links icon classes are correct :) if not then the icons doesnt show 

the setting is provided with an example to get you going 

as for the Members block, the names will take your user group colors to change that you would need a custom css, i will provide an example later 

Social Links icon fixed, I was having a "duh!" moment!

Members names are fine in their assigned Group colors, I was wondering if there was a way to change the black box they are in...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JTHastings said:

Members names are fine in their assigned Group colors, I was wondering if there was a way to change the black box they are in...?

Yes there is a setting for that background color in the settings > colors tab. named Staff members background :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, help me out please. I have created footer blocks and placed them where I want them. THEN, I decide I want to move one block before another block so I go in and try to drag/drop into it's new location but it doesn't seem to work. I DID get it to work a couple of times but most of the time not. Am I doing something wrong?

 

2018-03-01_12-35-53.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, JTHastings said:

OK, help me out please. I have created footer blocks and placed them where I want them. THEN, I decide I want to move one block before another block so I go in and try to drag/drop into it's new location but it doesn't seem to work. I DID get it to work a couple of times but most of the time not. Am I doing something wrong?

 

2018-03-01_12-35-53.jpg

No nothing is wrong 

Each column row handles only 4 blocks, you can’t have more than that in a column row, due to that you also can not reorder blocks in columns rows if it is full

So, If a column row is full and you want to reorder blocks inside this column row then simply create a new column row and disable it so it doesn’t show anywhere and move/reorder blocks around :) 

 

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...