Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

50 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Any chance the Tweets could be cached for a user defined interval?

I will consider it for the next version, but no promises 

the twitter block mainly supposed to show a couple tweets like 2-3 top 4-6 which are all just a raw text values and i dont think that could cause any speed trouble if you are concerned about that 

I am trying to make some changes to the advanced footer, editing the quick links.  After I edit and click save it shows up as saved.  But then when I go back and look at the code nothing has changed.  I am a bit of a luddite in general but am not doing anything wrong here.  Dawpi is helping me with the conversion and the exact same thing is happening to him also.

This board has just been moved from a dev folder to the home directory, not sure if that has messed anything up.

Any suggestions please?

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I am trying to make some changes to the advanced footer, editing the quick links.  After I edit and click save it shows up as saved.  But then when I go back and look at the code nothing has changed.  I am a bit of a luddite in general but am not doing anything wrong here.  Dawpi is helping me with the conversion and the exact same thing is happening to him also.

This board has just been moved from a dev folder to the home directory, not sure if that has messed anything up.

Any suggestions please?

This is a bug with IPS codemirror fields, it has already been fixed in IPS 4.2 version tho

For now if you are still on ips 4.1 version then you have to open the plugin editing page in a new tab otherwise none of codemirror fields would save in modal version 

032d8a8e3cb4cc151feebbf8095f00af.png

Again, If you upgrade your website to ips 4.2 version this bug has already been fixed :) 

HI @TAMAN,

Bought the Advanced Footer - looks great so far!  A few things for right now:

1. A Save & Reload button would be great to speed things up when flipping between tweaking options and looking at the results on your site. :)
  2. How does one create the wavy line separating rows?
  3. Is it possible to insert a custom PHP block I've already created?  If so, how would one do that?

Thanks!  This looks really great!

Edited by liquidfractal

Hello :) 

16 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:
  • How does one create the wavy line separating rows?

The curved separator line shows when you have two rows of footer

1. Is it possible to insert a custom PHP block I've already created?  If so, how would one do that?

No sorry only html and txt

• A Save & Reload button would be great to speed things up when flipping between tweaking options and looking at the results on your site. :)

I would love that too, but IPS need to add this function to plugins thos

Edited by TAMAN
5 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Hello :) 

The curved separator line shows when you have two rows of footer

No sorry only html and txt

I would love that too, but IPS need to add this function to plugins thos

Thanks for the quick reply.  Any possibility that a future version will allow insertion of a PHP block?

I'll continue to fiddle with the layouts.  But thanks again for creating an app that should be a staple of IPS! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, iDeath said:

@TAMAN Possible to add an option to stretch footer the width of the screen instead of ips container?

It was possible with a setting which i decided to remove because it causes issues for some themes 

but you can do it manually with css

just add this custom.css :) 

.af_Container {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
}

BUT advanced footer position must be "Just above the IPS Footer

6 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Any possibility that a future version will allow insertion of a PHP block?

Yea i actually want to do that :) but no promises when 

7 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I'll continue to fiddle with the layouts.  But thanks again for creating an app that should be a staple of IPS! :thumbsup:

Thank you ^^

Hi @TAMAN

I read this entire topic, played around with the plugin, but still not reaching the desired effect.

My website is http://www.clubedohardware.com.br and I am using three blocks, and the general configuration is:

advanced-footer3.thumb.png.15bbb751bf5f18d28630a5d8ac8243c8.png

Desktop view:

1. The footer is not expanding to the whole layout.

2. It is not aligned to the left to the rest of the layout.

3. I want to reduce its height (i.e., make the column lines to follow the height of the whole block.

4. I want to change the dashed lines in the quick links to solid lines (easy CSS modification that I can do myself)

5. The "Privacidade" word is misaligned with the top and bottom words. I guess I need to put the fa icons inside a <span> tag and define a fixed width for them.

advanced-footer.thumb.png.215ac466cc5b8387ee5f9ed4c99c3778.png

Mobile view:

1. Everything is centered. I want it justified to the left

2. See how the quick links don't extend to the full width available.

1. advanced-footer2.thumb.png.9d3bf3ae7e25c89be75f07e0142445a9.png

Thank you in advance!

Gabriel.

PS: If you require admin access, please create an account I will promote you.

Edited by Gabriel Torres
3 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

1. The footer is not expanding to the whole layout.

2. It is not aligned to the left to the rest of the layout.

Mobile view:

2. See how the quick links don't extend to the full width available.

It is already full width same as your website wrapper, but the links on right side supposed to be 2 columns so it fills the whole area

c474b7b3c984f5e34b4bdb4adc0dbd33.png

still it shouldn't happen like this if only one column used, so i will improve it in next version :) for now you can add this to custom.css so the links expand on both desktop and mobile

.linksCol .linksBlo ul {width: 100%;}

3. I want to reduce its height (i.e., make the column lines to follow the height of the whole block.

It is already like this, the gap is just a padding on top and bottom

4. I want to change the dashed lines in the quick links to solid lines (easy CSS modification that I can do myself)

Sure, just add this to custom.css

.af_Container .linksBlo .ipsDataList li, .af_Container .articlesBlo li {border-bottom: 1px solid;}

5. The "Privacidade" word is misaligned with the top and bottom words. I guess I need to put the fa icons inside a <span> tag and define a fixed width for them.

It is aligned, But some of the font awesome icons are smaller that the others even if you set same font size, they cant be perfectly aligned unless you give it a fixed width as you said your self, But you dont need to do that

just give The "Privacidade" word one more space on left side and it should be okay :) 

Sorry for the troubles and hope i answered all your questions, 

Have a good day :) 

Hi @TAMAN

Thank you for your prompt reply, it helped! :)  However, I still need help with a couple of things:

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Mobile view:

This is still happening. See screenshot above.

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

It is already like this, the gap is just a padding on top and bottom

And how do I remove this padding?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

This is still happening. See screenshot above.

9 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I know and i already gave you the css to fix and it is already fixed on your website 

659e9ea662d51f38379bd050e06e993d.png

10 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

And how do I remove this padding?

.af_Container .ipsColumn {padding: 0px 7px;}

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I know and i already gave you the css to fix and it is already fixed on your website 

Nope. On your screenshot above the text is centered. I want it to the left. Let me draw it for you, it will be easier for you to understand it.

advanced-footer4.thumb.png.5c669670177225b6e5e1c1ade17e1770.png

Everything else is working fine now, and thank you so much for the amazingly quick turn-around time and superb support! I wish all other plugin developers were like that! :)

oh sorry :) 

remove the other css and replace it with this one then

im just adding a text-align tho

.linksCol .linksBlo ul {
    width: 100%;
    text-align: left;
}

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Everything else is working fine now, and thank you so much for the amazingly quick turn-around time and superb support! I wish all other plugin developers were like that! :)

Thank you. :) 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@TAMAN Once again, thanks for the prompt reply. This CSS code only fixed the items in the quick links template, the other titles and text (About us and Custom block editor) are still centered when in mobile view. Thanks.

Sorry i thought you wanted the quick links to be aligned left 

this will align all to left side on tablets and mobiles

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){.af_Layout .ipsColumns.rowOne .ipsColumn, .af_Layout .ipsColumns.rowTwo .ipsColumn {
    text-align: center;
}}

6 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@TAMAN Many thanks once again for your prompt support. I had to change the code above to "text-align: left;". ;) Cheers

So sorry, I just copy pasted and forgot to change the center to left 

anyways let me know if i can help on anything else

Have a good day :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @TAMAN

I've bought and installed, but being a total noob I'm here for what may seem the most basic of questions. 

1. I can't seem to get the twitter feed to work, it just displays the heading and no tweets. What exactly goes in the field? The twitter name with or without the @? The full URL of the twitter page?

2. How do I link to our social media pages? I have zero experience in coding of any kind. I know it's a simple question but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and hopefully I can get the plug in to where I know is possible.

Link to my forum with the plug in installed. >> http://play2enjoy.ipbhost.com

Edited by Paul Play To Enjoy

Hello,

8 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

1. I can't seem to get the twitter feed to work, it just displays the heading and no tweets. What exactly goes in the field? The twitter name with or without the @? The full URL of the twitter page?

Twiiter name without @

for example this account

https://twitter.com/TwitterDev

You put this TwitterDev in twitter name 

11 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

2. How do I link to our social media pages? I have zero experience in coding of any kind. I know it's a simple question but any help would be appreciated.

In social links field you add your social media link like this

<a href="PASTE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA LINK HERE" target=_blank><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a>

Let me know if i can help on anything else :) 

@TAMAN

For some reason I can only have one column per row now.  (I did update to 4.2.3 that was just released today.)  I used to have 4 columns on each row, but now when I save, it'll delete all of them except for the first one tagged.  I've tried re-uploading a fresh copy, but the problem still persists.  I'm not sure if it's me or if an update needs to be made.

Preview of me saving it with multiple columns, and going to edit it again, only one on each row is left:

https://i.gyazo.com/99898ed5aabf8efd580f5a213bc70e7f.mp4