Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Hi, would you be able to help me out with a bit of custom css or something to make the footer full width please?  I did have it full width then when I updated the plug in it broke it again.

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 12.32.29.png

I have removed the "Full width" option the latest version due to problems it can cause on some themes 

I can help making it full width, but first please select "Just above the IPS footer" for position and then send a link i cant do anything with an image :) 

2 hours ago, Captain Ginns said:

Taman,

How do I remove the curved part of the footer?  I'm attaching a graphic to show.  You can also visit my site using the link in my signature.

Thanks as always.

Footer.png

May i know what browser are you using? it does not look like that on my side

also, if you dont have any blocks for second row, then remove any block tags in the second row in configurations tab if you do that the curved line will be removed automatically.

i will improve and fix that for next update but im curious why the curved line looks like a diaper :D tell me your browser so i can check 

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, Captain Ginns said:

It is very curious indeed.  Anyway:

1.  I am using IE 11

2.  Just checked, I have everything off except "Quick Links"  and "About Us".  

3. In the "About Us" only "About Us" is enabled, the rest are disabled.

Hope this helps.

Ivan

I will fix the curved line on next upgrade

for now just empty the second row block tags in the configuration tab

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Loren said:

Looks like there is a JavaScript conflict with the plugin Clubs Enhancements (Adriano Faria).

It would be great if you excellent contributors could work out the conflict so we can run both.

Thanks!

Issue with the Clubs Enhancements or the advanced footer?

If you can provide the error log or a link to check your website clubs page maybe!

18 minutes ago, Loren said:

Drag and drop moving of features does not work when both are enabled. Since it is likely a Javascript conflict there is nothing in my error logs.

What is "drag and drop of features"? is it something in "Clubs Enhancements" plugin? if so then please report in Clubs Enhancements support topic 

2 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

What is "drag and drop of features"? is it something in "Clubs Enhancements" plugin? if so then please report in Clubs Enhancements support topic 

Taman, I don't have your resource and you don't have mine. It's easy enough for both of us to say that "it's not my problem" since mine works without yours and yours works without mine. 

So if you have interest in solve the issue for the user, regardless the topic he's asking support, let me know via PM. 

Tks.

@Loren I just tested the Clubs Enhancements on my local host with all footer blocks in advanced footer and there are no issues with re-ordering of tabs in Manage features, I normally reordered the tabs with no issues

Do you have any custom codes in advanced footer custom blocks maybe? Do you use a custom theme! can you check with the default ips theme instead?

otherwise please send a login info with access to plugins and themes page only, i can check it for you

Edited by TAMAN

I tried disabling:

About us (all)
Quick links
Social feed (all)
Pages feed (all)
Custom block (all)

All fields contained either plain text or HTML (i.e. bold, ordered lists.

Still, won't work for me - sorry.

I will PM you with the URL so you can see it's pretty plain.

@Loren The issue was advanced footer not parsing settings in my pluign theme hook for some reason, this is a bug in IPS plugins as it happened to me once, and it only happens when you update plugins, Im not sure how to reproduce to report as it happened to me only once

due to this issue, twitter javascript callback in my plugin were always added without the need of enabling its setting in the pluign, and this could cause issues

Anyways, I just deleted the advanced footer and reinstalled it again in your website, the error was showing in console has gone now and everything seems to work fine, i also checked the re-ordering of tabs in Clubs Enhancements, no issues anymore. :)  

Don't worry, your footer blocks and customizations are not deleted, everything is same ;) 

Have a good day.

Edited by TAMAN

I have a private community, "on invitation only".

Is there a chance that the advanced footer and its contents inside only display for registered, validated, logged in members or even only for defined member groups?

Non-registered visitors shouldn't see f.e. the connected facebook account, so that they won't be able to identify the community from the outside. And google wouldn't index personal informations like email addresses, phone numbers...

Edited by Cyboman
49 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I have a private community, "on invitation only".

Is there a chance that the advanced footer and its contents inside only display for registered, validated, logged in members or even only for defined member groups?

Non-registered visitors shouldn't see f.e. the connected facebook account, so that they won't be able to identify the community from the outside. And google wouldn't index personal informations like email addresses, phone numbers...

I will add that option in next version very soon as someone else also asked for here :)