Ignore Topics

• 5 weeks later...

Any way to translate the big red button text to other languages?

To ignore topic, I need to enter it. Then go back. Any way to have some kind of radio button/checkbox to mark it for ignoring outside the topic itself, from the level of the topic list?

Edited by twinsen
16 minutes ago, twinsen said:

Any way to translate the big red button text to other languages?

All the text used in this app is translatable via language system. 

16 minutes ago, twinsen said:

To ignore topic, I need to enter it. Then go back. Any way to have some kind of radio button/checkbox to mark it for ignoring outside the topic itself, from the level of the topic list?

I can take a look when I have to update it again. 

Also, it states which is true, but unfortunately ...

Ignored topics won't appear in Activity Streams or search results.

Reactions still do even though they're from an ignored topic. Any chance of including those too?

Ash76 reacted to a post in a topic: Spinning tunes on the late shift. Just now

WorkinClassAudio reacted to a post in a topic: NEW network player Lumin T3 1 minute ago

gasman1003 reacted to a post in a topic: Spinning tunes on the late shift. 1 minute ago

6 hours ago, Emediate said:

A small bug.

When you change the settings under Display, for example, toggle off Hide IGNORED TOPICS on forum view, then click save. It does not save or remember the setting.

4.7 / php7.4

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Will check.

Let me know if you have FTP access to your server to upload the PHP file fixed.

I will update the marketplace submission.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just upgraded PHP to 8.0 and the forum itself to latest 4.7.x. I neglected to disable 3rd party plugins before doing so and encountered issues, preventing access to my forum (my fault). Running recovery mode fixed the issue, and now the 3rd party marketplace purchases (including Ignore Topics) are disabled.

I went to update to the latest version compatible with 4.7 and was met with an error. Is that because I need to enable the Ignore Topics application first? Or should I perhaps remove the old version and install again? Would prefer to retain any user data.

Appreciate your help.

14 minutes ago, rllmukforum said:

Hi there,

I just upgraded PHP to 8.0 and the forum itself to latest 4.7.x. I neglected to disable 3rd party plugins before doing so and encountered issues, preventing access to my forum (my fault). Running recovery mode fixed the issue, and now the 3rd party marketplace purchases (including Ignore Topics) are disabled.

I went to update to the latest version compatible with 4.7 and was met with an error. Is that because I need to enable the Ignore Topics application first? Or should I perhaps remove the old version and install again? Would prefer to retain any user data.

Appreciate your help.

Just update to newest and enable it after that.

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Just update to newest and enable it after that.

I gave that a whirl and see the following in the forum's system log, after the update failed:

Extraction from phar "/tmp/IPSMP5Hvui6.tar" failed: Cannot extract "Application.php" to "/usr/share/nginx/html/applications/ignoretopics/Application.php", setting file permissions failed

Let me know if this pertains to something about the forum, rather than your plugin, I can chase it up with the wider community. I'm not 100% sure we've ever needed to upgrade a plugin, but we certainly installed them OK from the marketplace section of the ACP prior to upgrading to 4.7.