Ignore Topics

Seeing some registration errors again. New users can register but are presented with an error after submitting a new registration. When I disable this app, it all works without error. 

Here is the error in AdminCP:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\Member\_Device::loadOrCreate() must be an instance of IPS\Member, null given, called in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php on line 243 (0)
#0 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(243): IPS\Member\_Device::loadOrCreate()
#1 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(102): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#2 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#3 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#4 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

#0 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/init.php(989): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

2 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Seeing some registration errors again. New users can register but are presented with an error after submitting a new registration. When I disable this app, it all works without error. 

Here is the error in AdminCP:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\Member\_Device::loadOrCreate() must be an instance of IPS\Member, null given, called in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php on line 243 (0)
#0 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(243): IPS\Member\_Device::loadOrCreate()
#1 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(102): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#2 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#3 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#4 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

#0 /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/audiophilestyle.com/init.php(989): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

I'll test it but I don't see anything that points to this resource. Not a single mentioin to it in the whole error.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll test it but I don't see anything that points to this resource. Not a single mentioin to it in the whole error.

Thanks for looking. I agree that it doesn't seem like it, but it's really similar to the last issue and disabling this app was the resolution last time and has worked this time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

we have many reports from our users with problem with registration. Last time we have updated plugin and thought it is fine... But in last days we have the same story. Support from IPS told us it is related with this app and switched it off.

Now I see some update and changelog:

• Fix error on registration when ignored topics are added to new members

Registration works fine now?

One strange thing is, that update was NOT visible in ACP alert. I have to search it manually at marketplace.

16 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

One strange thing is, that update was NOT visible in ACP alert. I have to search it manually at marketplace.

So you weren't using the latest version? If not, then update it.

17 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

Registration works fine now?

It worked fine on my tests and I didn't have any complaints about it after latest version.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

So you weren't using the latest version? If not, then update it.

Yes. It was previous one 2.3.2, now it is 2.3.3

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It worked fine on my tests and I didn't have any complaints about it after latest version.

Ok, Im waiting for support now. They told me, that this problem is related somehow with JS and our custom theme. But I don't know now, if there are two errors, or only one with your plugin combined with our theme :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Joy Rex said:

I just purchased the plugin, and my users who have posted in a thread they now ignore will get notifications from the ignored thread if a user quotes or reacts to their posts in the ignored thread.

Any ideas?

It removes the notificaitons of the followed topic. I'll take a look to remove these 2 when I have to upgrade to 4.6.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

It removes the notificaitons of the followed topic. I'll take a look to remove these 2 when I have to upgrade to 4.6.

Okay, so to be clear - until 4.6 comes out if someone ignores a topic that they have posted in and someone quotes or reacts to their posts, they WILL get notified of said quote/reaction?