Ignore Topics

• 2 weeks later...

In the Support section of my ACP, I get a "reoccurring log sections" entry, which says this:

Reoccurring system log entries may be indicative of a problem that should be addressed. A summary of the top reoccurring recent log entries are shown below. Review the system log for further details.

Which everyone can see on their individual sites, if they have these. Nothing out of the ordinary there. What is out of the ordinary is that four of the six entries all have this application in their path. For example:

Error: Class 'IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global' not found in /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(926) : eval()'d code:11 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(926): eval() #1 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Cache/Template.php(108): IPS\_Theme::overloadHooks() #2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(777): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists() #3 /var/www/html/datastore/template_13_6c476385a2a7fac76ac1bb8ed658e957_system.php(7090): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate() #4 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_system->searchResult() #5 /var/www/html/system/Content/Content.php(1606): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call() #6 /var/www/html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(271): IPS\_Content::searchResult() #7 /var/www/html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(56): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::searchResult() #8 /var/www/html/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\forums\Topic\ignoretopics_hook_postModel::searchResult() #9 /var/www/html/datastore/template_13_af46883c13caa197f9e387620d19e6ec_profile.php(2524): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html() #10 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_profile->profileActivity() #11 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(304): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call() #12 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->manage() #13 /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #14 /var/www/html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(24): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute() #15 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\members\trackmembers_hook_tmProfile->execute() #16 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #17 {main}

Or:

Error: Class 'IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_global_global' not found (0) #0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(926): eval() #1 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Cache/Template.php(108): IPS\_Theme::overloadHooks() #2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(777): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists() #3 /var/www/html/system/Content/Item.php(3689): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate() #4 /var/www/html/system/Content/Item.php(3638): IPS\Content\_Item->_pagination() #5 /var/www/html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(260): IPS\Content\_Item->commentPagination() #6 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage() #7 /var/www/html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #8 /var/www/html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute() #9 /var/www/html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute() #10 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicController->execute() #11 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #12 {main}

The first had 79 repeated entries, the second 73.

I've done next to nothing with my themes except to make a child theme, add some advertising JavaScript to the globalTemplate, and set up a custom.css file.

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I've done next to nothing with my themes except to make a child theme, add some advertising JavaScript to the globalTemplate, and set up a custom.css file.

IPS\forums\Topic\ignoretopics_hook_postModel::searchResult() extends properly the class, no error there. I don't have any call to IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_global_global in this resource so I'm not sure where it comes from.

I'll install it on my board and will let it run for a couple of days and see if I got any of these entries. I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...

We just bought this app and installed on 4.6.8 but are having trouble getting it setup and working. We see the "Ignored Threads" section on Account Settings, but that's the only indication to the user that the app is installed. I have it enabled, and the toggle set to on in the application's permission, and have disabled all other 3rd party apps/plugins except this one. However, we still don't see the Ignore Topic button, nor can I find in the ACP where to define the app's settings.

I tried creating a new theme, although our themes are essentially stock except for colors and a logo. 

For reference, the other 3rd party apps/plugins we have installed are:

• App: Ban Members From Forums (written by yourself)
  • Plugin: Change Post Author
  • Plugin: Mandatory Report Message

Any insight you have to get this working appreciated.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Run the support tool in ACP to rebuild your cache.

I had run it a couple of times before making the post, to no avail. However, I noticed it's now working. I'm not 100% sure what I did to cause that. Possibly disabling the apps noted above and re-enabling. I also tried dragging Ignore Topics above Ban Members from Forum in the list of applications (I'm unsure what, if anything, this order signifies). 

Appreciate the video, I wasn't sure where application settings were to be found in the ACP.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this app is causing these errors?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::isOnlineFromPC() in /home/nginx/domains/fggno/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:2422
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/dd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5341): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#3 /home/nginx/domainsdd/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/ddum.no/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/fddum.no/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/nginx/domainddno/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/fdno/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicController->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domainsd/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}
#0 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5341): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /home/nginx/domainsdd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/fddo/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/fddno/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/d.no/public/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/dd.no/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicController->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Edited by Kjell Iver Johansen
1 hour ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I'm not sure if this app is causing these errors?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Member::isOnlineFromPC() in /home/nginx/domains/fggno/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:2422
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/dd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#3 /home/nginx/domainsdd/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/ddum.no/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/fddum.no/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/nginx/domainddno/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/fdno/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicController->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domainsd/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}
#0 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log()
#2 /home/nginx/domainsdd.no/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/fddo/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(553): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/ddno/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/fddno/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/d.no/public/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/dd.no/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_topicController->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/fdd.no/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

I don’t think so. I don’t recognize the isOnlineFromPC(). I’m not sure if this is from Core too.

Do you have only this resource that does something in topic view? 

59 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don’t think so. I don’t recognize the isOnlineFromPC(). I’m not sure if this is from Core too.

When i disabled this app the errors disappeared. Was a lot of them, but I agree with you. Might be a conflict somewhere. 

I will investigate more another day.

apps.thumb.jpg.bb561ea85891dc3ec0f2a6eba95669e0.jpg hooks.jpg.ff638d15f5d27cc3afa5528652adbcdd.jpg

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

4 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Yes 4.6.10 - PHP Version 7.4.27

No problem here:

Same IPS and PHP versions from you.

Also, I confirmed that isOnlineFromPC() isn't a Core method so you have another resource throwing this error in your board. I suggest to disable all resources and go enabling one by one so you can see which one is the one.

• 4 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria Hope you are doing well. I am running the Ignore Topics plugin and it works great. I have a suggestion for it. It would be great if you could add it.

Is it possible to have an option to ignore certain forum categories as well? I have many categories in my community whose topics I don't want to appear in the streams or search results. 

Why this? There are certain forums that are only for certain user groups. So, when I search as an admin, I will see titles from those hundreds of topics. The topics in those forums are not relevant but the search results will not let me locate the topic names I want because there is a lot of "noise" in the results.

Right now, you must manually ignore topic by topic. Imagine categories with hundreds of topics. It's a very long process. Having the possibility to select which forums you want to ignore from the search results would be great.

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

@Adriano Faria Hope you are doing well. I am running the Ignore Topics plugin and it works great. I have a suggestion for it. It would be great if you could add it.

Is it possible to have an option to ignore certain forum categories as well? I have many categories in my community whose topics I don't want to appear in the streams or search results. 

Why this? There are certain forums that are only for certain user groups. So, when I search as an admin, I will see titles from those hundreds of topics. The topics in those forums are not relevant but the search results will not let me locate the topic names I want because there is a lot of "noise" in the results.

Right now, you must manually ignore topic by topic. Imagine categories with hundreds of topics. It's a very long process. Having the possibility to select which forums you want to ignore from the search results would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I already have a Ignore Forums. 

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, I already have a Ignore Forums. 

Sorry to bother you again. I had it installed (I didn't remember).

Now I know what the problem was, that's why I had disabled it.

I want to ignore the forums's topics from the stream and the search results. However, when I click on IGNORE FORUM, I won't be able to see the topics 😞 I mean, they are gone. I don't want the topics gone, I only want to hide them from the search results and the stream.

Is that possible? Below are my settings.

image.png.0bde0a442b0d26637130f41dd5504f22.png

I ignored a forum that I use to communicate privately with users. Once I ignore the forum, hundreds of topics are hidden. I won't be able to read the topics, they are gone.

image.thumb.png.d8d60a1d4fd8a4e2d9af2f3ca5385eaa.png

I have the same or similar issue as one user above.

Error: Class 'IPS\Theme\Cache\class_forums_front_forums' not found (0)
#0 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/system/Theme/Theme.php(926): eval()
#1 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/system/Theme/Cache/Template.php(108): IPS\_Theme::overloadHooks('class_forums_fr...', 'IPS\\Theme\\Cache')
#2 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/system/Theme/Theme.php(777): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists()
#3 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(81): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('forums', 'forums', 'front')
#4 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(38): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#5 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#6 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/init.php(913) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_forumController->execute()
#8 /home/www/doc/1mysitename/www/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Result of this error was a error message on all forums and could be solved by copying the style.

• 3 months later...