Topic logs: moved from and where

motomac

• 2 weeks later...

having a trace history is helpful, I had to employ an add-on tool (advance tags & prefixes) so to first tag all the topics from one forum then merged two together

Months later it was decided that i needed to split them back, this case was different cause the mass move merge / split was of my own doing.

Since a post has a moderator history with regards edits I would say it's fair that moving a post qualifies as a moderator action and accordingly be logged. 

At the 35,000 foot view if there was a way to see a trend where there is a higher percentage of posts being moved from one place to another place this could be helpful to whom is doing the bulk of the work, and perhaps give you insight that the forum organization needs work or perhaps better descriptions & instructions. 

11 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

Since a post has a moderator history with regards edits I would say it's fair that moving a post qualifies as a moderator action and accordingly be logged.

Topics are logged, he is asking for more information here, which seems reasonable.

ips_mod_history2.png

ips_mod_history.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How about an option to have transparent moderator actions?

The idea would be like github issues/pull requests:

HBeQrfM.png

Reasoning: General openness depending on the community wanting to know what the staff are doing. Useful for deleting/hiding a post.

Textual example: For hiding a post, the log could read like: "Post by [x] has been hidden by [y]" (no reason given) or "Post by [x] has been hidden by [y] for: [z]" (reason (z) given)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived