Naming for spoilers

• 2 months later...
On 19.09.2015 at 2:22 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Go ahead and implement it yourself - easy.

I know and already did, but it's a suggestion to implement it by default. Even if we know how to implement it on our installations, why do not make all IPS forums better?

Our users really love this feature :)

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is where we post suggestions to improve the forum software, not to request help getting a certain thing done on our own build, correct?  So if someone's posting a suggestion on this board, the appropriate response is not "Here's an app that does that", it's I agree or disagree that this suggestion should be part of the software by default, and maybe why or why not.  "Here's an app that does that" would instead be the appropriate response on the peer to peer support board.

Perhaps the thinking is something like "well if they want this feature, I can at least help them out in the meantime", but (aside from almost never being delivered in that context) that presumes that they don't know where to go looking, or how to ask, if they actually do want a workaround in the meantime.  I only say that because I see a lot of those types of responses on this board, and ultimately I think it obscures the intentions of the board by diverting people to quick fixes and away from discussions of the softwares actual default state.

35 minutes ago, RobotMonkeyHead said:

This is where we post suggestions to improve the forum software, not to request help getting a certain thing done on our own build, correct?  So if someone's posting a suggestion on this board, the appropriate response is not "Here's an app that does that", it's I agree or disagree that this suggestion should be part of the software by default, and maybe why or why not.  "Here's an app that does that" would instead be the appropriate response on the peer to peer support board.

Perhaps the thinking is something like "well if they want this feature, I can at least help them out in the meantime", but (aside from almost never being delivered in that context) that presumes that they don't know where to go looking, or how to ask, if they actually do want a workaround in the meantime.  I only say that because I see a lot of those types of responses on this board, and ultimately I think it obscures the intentions of the board by diverting people to quick fixes and away from discussions of the softwares actual default state.

I'm confident that if somebody really wants something in the core then they'll have the maturity to keep discussing it, whether in their original thread or re-posting to say things like "I asked about this previously and still no feedback" or whatever. :)

Archived