[IPS4] Tutorials

Just now, mesteele101 said:

You should have backed up your live 4.1.7 install including the tables. You will need to rollback that way. Don't install a later version or serious problems will occur. If you don't have a backup to rollback to, contact IPS and they will most likely be able to get you going again.

Yeah you are right, i though a minor upgrade like 4.17 to 4.1.8 doesnt cause any issue (bug fix) but i think the upgrade process on v4 is not optimal

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I get an error after upgrade to 4.1.9 and the latest RC of Tutorials (RC4)

Error EX1054

The techn detail windows shows

SELECT tutorials_articles.*, author.*, core_tags_cache.tag_cache_text FROM `tutorials_articles` LEFT JOIN `core_tags_cache` ON tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('tutorials;tutorials;',tutorials_articles.a_id)) LEFT JOIN `core_members` AS `author` ON author.member_id = tutorials_articles.a_mid WHERE tutorials_articles.a_cat=1 AND tutorials_articles.a_approved < 2 AND tutorials_articles.a_cat IN(1,2) ORDER BY tutorials_articles.a_pinned DESC, tutorials_articles.a_a_name desc LIMIT 0,50
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'tutorials_articles.a_a_name' in 'order clause' (1054)
#0 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT tutorial...', Array)
#1 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(402): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 [internal function]: IteratorIterator->rewind()
#4 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(270): iterator_to_array(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#5 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(424): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->getRows(Array)
#6 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/index.php(139): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#7 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/index.php(28): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_index->_category(Object(IPS\tutorials\Category))
#8 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_index->manage()
#9 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/nicuuorg/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643
2 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

I get an error after upgrade to 4.1.9

Error EX1054

Which Tutorials version are you using?

2 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'tutorials_articles.a_a_name' in 'order clause' (1054)

This was an error due to a change IPS made a few months ago. The version 2.1.0 RC 3 was released to fix this. Today we are on 2.1.0 RC 4.

I use IPS 4.1.9 and latest Tutorials (2.1.0 RC 4) and I have no problem: http://forum.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/tutorials/

• 2 weeks later...

I am just about to implement tutorials on my site and gave moderators all permissions to view/add/comment etc in Tutorials.

But when I test this (using a moderator account) I get an error that the account has no permissions.

Still I gave moderators all permissions under "Tutorials -> Categories"

Any idea why this happens? I can give you admin access if you need to check.

Skärmavbild 2016-04-16 kl. 07.26.10.png

Hello,

Today I update my community from 3.X to 4.1.10. Also I want update Tutorials, so I download Tutorials 2.1.0 RC 4. When I click "upload a new version" in ACP, then I see "We could not find the application you were attempting to update.".

How to update Tutorials from 3.X to 4.X?

screenshot-www.nowe.forumpc.pl 2016-04-16 07-51-10.png

4 hours ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

I am just about to implement tutorials on my site and gave moderators all permissions to view/add/comment etc in Tutorials.

But when I test this (using a moderator account) I get an error that the account has no permissions.

Still I gave moderators all permissions under "Tutorials -> Categories"

Any idea why this happens? I can give you admin access if you need to check.

Skärmavbild 2016-04-16 kl. 07.26.10.png

Yes, you can but all of this is controlled by the core, not by the app itself.

3 hours ago, necik said:

Today I update my community from 3.X to 4.1.10. Also I want update Tutorials, so I download Tutorials 2.1.0 RC 4. When I click "upload a new version" in ACP, then I see "We could not find the application you were attempting to update.".

How to update Tutorials from 3.X to 4.X?

That's the only known way to update a 3.4 app to IPS4. If you're finding any error, I suggest you to submit a ticket to IPS. I and everybody else made it like that on their live board to update it.

Edited by Adriano Faria