[IPS4] Tutorials

What's New in Version 2.1.0:

Fixes:

•     Ordering tutorials by title on category view
  •     Duplicated language strings, which was not allowing strings to be translated

New Features:

•     Now shows on index/categories the latest tutorial information from tutorials submitted to subcategories
  •     Now shows the subcategories when you're browsing a category; before showed an empty category
  •     Added information to unapproved tutorials on tutorial view, with direct links to approve or delete tutorial
  •     Added a new widget: Tutorials Feed. This widget can be re-used on same page, which means that you can add several blocks to display different informtion. Latest Tutorials widget removed.
  •     Rework in some templates, like the star rating on tutorial view.

Yet to come:

• Multi paged tutorial. This will be implement when 4.2 is released.

After updating to 2.1.0 I went into support and went into Something isn't working to fix something else and I'm getting the below and IPB doesn't fix it.

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ibf_tutorials_articles` CHANGE COLUMN `a_desc` `a_desc` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `a_content` `a_content` LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `ibf_tutorials_cats` CHANGE COLUMN `c_icon` `c_icon` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

ALTER TABLE `ibf_tutorials_cfields` CHANGE COLUMN `cf_input_format` `cf_input_format` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '', CHANGE COLUMN `cf_content` `cf_content` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

UPDATE `ibf_tutorials_comments` SET `comment_id`=0 WHERE `comment_id` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_tutorials_comments` CHANGE COLUMN `comment_id` `comment_id` INT (10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT '';

The above could have happed prior to updating to 2.1.0 as it has been months since I've used the support option to check things. I've tried it several times and it's not getting repaired.

Not a big bug but...

When you try and use "Copy Setting Value" under Tags in Category - Submissions -- Allow tags (or Allow prefixes) it does not copy the setting.
All the other Submissions "Copy Setting Values" appear to work fine.

25 minutes ago, Loren said:

Not a big bug but...

When you try and use "Copy Setting Value" under Tags in Category - Submissions -- Allow tags (or Allow prefixes) it does not copy the setting.
All the other Submissions "Copy Setting Values" appear to work fine.

Can you reproduce this in another app? As this is a Core feature, might be a core bug.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2016 at 2:13 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure if makes sense to keep the page title. Does it?

Anyway, I will release a new version to update Tuturials table to make it compatible with IPS4. I mean, basically change pagebreak  to page.

Hi Adriano, I just noticed you updated the app on Aug 24. I assume this change is still not available, because in the descirption it is said it comes with 4.2 Is that correct?

If I update now I lose the multi page tutorials, but if I update again with 4.2, will they come back? Thanks.