[IPS4] Tutorials

After update Tutorials  to 4.X I have ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS in Tutorials where are Polish characters in the title, eg. ż ó ł ć

Examples: http://www.nowe.forumpc.pl/tutorials/article/1-jak-szuka%c4%87-sterownik%c3%b3w-je%c5%bceli-nie-mamy-podanej-nazwy-sprz%c4%99tu/

If in title there is no Polish characters, then Tutorials works fine. Examples: http://www.nowe.forumpc.pl/tutorials/article/64-xp-zmiana-stylu-w-windows-xp/

Did anyone have a similar problem?

I just ran a new update from 3.4.9 to IPS 4.1.10 and Tutorials RC4.

Here is the error I am now getting when choosing a category or individual tutorial:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

SELECT tutorials_articles.*, author.*, core_tags_cache.tag_cache_text FROM `ibf_tutorials_articles` AS `tutorials_articles` LEFT JOIN `ibf_core_tags_cache` AS `core_tags_cache` ON tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('tutorials;tutorials;',tutorials_articles.a_id)) LEFT JOIN `ibf_core_members` AS `author` ON author.member_id = tutorials_articles.a_mid WHERE tutorials_articles.a_cat=5 AND tutorials_articles.a_approved < 2 AND tutorials_articles.a_cat IN(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90) ORDER BY tutorials_articles.a_pinned DESC, tutorials_articles.a_a_name desc LIMIT 0,20
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'tutorials_articles.a_a_name' in 'order clause' (1054)
#0 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Db\Select.php(346): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT tutorial...', Array)
#1 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Db\Select.php(402): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 [internal function]: IteratorIterator->rewind()
#4 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Helpers\Table\Content.php(270): iterator_to_array(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator))
#5 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Helpers\Table\Table.php(424): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->getRows(Array)
#6 D:\htdocs\forums_test\applications\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\index.php(139): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#7 D:\htdocs\forums_test\applications\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\index.php(28): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_index->_category(Object(IPS\tutorials\Category))
#8 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(94): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_index->manage()
#9 D:\htdocs\forums_test\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 D:\htdocs\forums_test\index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

I ran both the "Rebuild Old Content" and "Rebuild support topics text" prior to any access.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that IPS 4 supports nested categories for forums it would be great to have the same capability for Tutorials.
For large forums/tutorials sites it saves a lot of space on the page and makes navigation easier.

Please let us know if you think that is a possibility in the near future.  THANKS!

Just now, Loren said:

Now that IPS 4 supports nested categories for forums it would be great to have the same capability for Tutorials.

Can you clarify ? I understand 'nested categories' as a category inside a category that's inside another that's inside another, etc.

If you're talking about this, it is supported since 2.0.0.

Yes, I think so. But that is not how it appears to be working.
I reorganized my forums to be nested then I did the same with tutorials but the sub-categories don't show -- here are some screen shots...
I have checked permissions and they all look fine.

Main Tutorial page

1.png

Click on first category (911)

2.png

ACP layout (looks the same as forums which do work)

3.png

Thanks.

There are 2 different things here.

1 - INDEX: my app is like any other built on IPS framework: it lists only the first level on index:

Capturar.png

The forum in yellow has subforums and doesn't appear on index, just like Tutorials.

2- Category view: the only different app from IPS is really FORUMS. All others (Pages, Downloads, etc) lists data exacly like your second screenshot and this is an old request, since 4.0.0 Beta 1. Tutorials is based on Downloads and Pages model. Same happens on those apps. There are several requests but as an example, I'll show you this: https://invisionpower.com/files/category/158-previous-versions/

It is required a change in the core to make it happen.

Just now, Loren said:

Hmm... I thought Michael's original build (of Tutorials) was based on Forums since it acted just they did. But perhaps I am wrong.

Any chance this core change will happen?

For IP.Board 3, yes. I'll take a look if any other dev managed to make it on their apps.

Regarding CORE change, by CORE I mean IPS change the framework to make it appear. Not me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have  a sorting problem: I want tutorials to be sorted alphabetically and have set category to sort by "title" and "ascending". However, title sorting does not work for me. I have tried to sort by other options (by date, most views / asc and desc etc) and those alternatives work.

See screen shots below (Furosemide, Caffeine, AAA and DD are not by title and sorted ascending per settings) 

Any idea why this happens?

Skärmavbild 2016-05-15 kl. 12.39.01.png

Skärmavbild 2016-05-15 kl. 12.41.40.png

1 hour ago, jair101 said:

Any idea when the update supporting multiple page tutorials will come? Sorry if I seem impatient, but this is the main thing holding my upgrade up and its been a while since you mentioned that it is coming.

Multiple pages are huge on my list, too. I've been waiting to purchase until this is implemented. ^_^

20 hours ago, jair101 said:

Hey Adriano, 

Any idea when the update supporting multiple page tutorials will come? Sorry if I seem impatient, but this is the main thing holding my upgrade up and its been a while since you mentioned that it is coming.

19 hours ago, PrettyPixels said:

Multiple pages are huge on my list, too. I've been waiting to purchase until this is implemented. ^_^

I'll take this whole week to release some new features in some of my resources. Tutorials is one of them. I'll try to release it yet this week.

On 15/05/2016 at 7:49 AM, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Any idea why this happens?

True, I can reproduce it. Due to what I said above, I will send you a file today later so you replace it on your server. Definitive fix will come in new version, later this week.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll send a tool today later via PM. You will run it via URL and it will delete duplicated language bits.

Upload it to the root of your board install (same place of conf_global.php) and run via URL: www.yourdomain.com/tutorialslangbits.php

tutorialslangbits.php

It will redirect to Tutorials app when it's done. Just tested and it's fine now:

Before:

Capturar1.png

After:

Capturar2.png

Not sure how I didn't notice that. :o

• 1 month later...

On 2016-05-16 at 1:17 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I'll take this whole week to release some new features in some of my resources. Tutorials is one of them. I'll try to release it yet this week.

True, I can reproduce it. Due to what I said above, I will send you a file today later so you replace it on your server. Definitive fix will come in new version, later this week.

@Adriano Faria I don't think I ever recieved the updated file you mentioned about in May. Run the RC4 version, still has the sorting problem, i.e. cannot sort tutorials in alphabetical order (http://99nicu.org/tutorials/category/1-pharmacopedia/).

If you need log in credentials to my site, please get back.