[IPS4] Tutorials

Thanks can you have a look at this also?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\tutorials\Article::item() (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_tutorials_front_browse->tutorialHover(Object(IPS\tutorials\Article))
#1 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/view.php(104): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('tutorialHover', Array)
#3 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_view->manage()
#4 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/system/Content/Controller.php(51): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/view.php(53): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_view->execute()
#7 /home/xxxxx/domains/domain.org/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Many thanks!

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I think I know what is. Probably is the Ajax title edit/tutorial preview on link hover. This was incremented in core and should be in conflict with my implementation.

Great! I would love to get rid of 1 plus pages of errors each day.

Thank you!

Hi Adriano, 

Just purchased this, can you help me with rebuilding the stuff from 3.4? I see in the translation strings that there should be some tool to convert tutorials from 3.4, but I cannot find it. When I go to tools in settings I see this:

chrome_2017-01-12_20-58-03.png

Am I supposed to run this tool and why the description isn't visible?

Hi Adriano, 

I am having some issues with untraslatable strings. No matter how I try (visual language editor, admin interface, manually editiing the xml), I cannot translate the following lines:

2017-01-14_13-28-31.png

Most of them are not an issue as they are admin strings, but the top one "Select a category" appears when using the "Create" menu and it is pretty important. I suspect the problem comes from the fact that the same key exist in core. Is it possible to change the language strings in a next version so they are unique, like put tut_ in front of them? I am sure this bug within IPS, but right now I am still on demo board and you know they refuse to help with demo boards...

Here are the untranslatable ones:

select_category
perm__reply
perm__add
perm__read
perm__view
c_forum_on
comments
category_display
settings
edit_category
add_category

And these had no english phrases too, they are just a key:

tutorial_title
downloads_category_select
a_auto_follow

Hi Adriano, I just noticed that the settings for discussion topic and forum have not been transferred from 3.4 upgrade. Not sure if it is intentional, I have about 40 categories, so its not a biggie to change them manually, but maybe something to look at. 

Also want to remind you about the php file, I can wait few weeks if you plan on overall update though. 

4 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Hi Adriano, I just noticed that the settings for discussion topic and forum have not been transferred from 3.4 upgrade. Not sure if it is intentional, I have about 40 categories, so its not a biggie to change them manually, but maybe something to look at. 

You mean settings indeed of per category forums tab? 

5 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Also want to remind you about the php file, I can wait few weeks if you plan on overall update though. 

I can send to fix a few of them but it will require edits in php files too, so a new version is required.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Allegheny said:

did a clean install and noticed that in the ACP under group permissions that there are options under the Gallery tab to submit and read Tutorials.  These options also show up under the Tutorials tab.

Capturar.png

On 27/10/2016 at 8:37 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Working on a new version. Among other things, it will have a tutorial image:

Capturar.png

Capturar.png

- Per category setting:

Capturar.png

A new landing page will be used as index (a setting too) to list tutorials images in blocks.

No ETA at this time. This year, for sure.

Plus, you will be able to choose an image from the attachments of the tutorial to be the tutorial image:

Capturar.png

Compatibility with IPS 4.1.17 (Quick Tag Edit):

Capturar.png

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

For those who submitted tutorials? No, I haven't added this on IPS4 version? Is it necessary?

Inwill sens you a PM to talk about issues you have found.

Nah, not really necessary, I probably would have removed it as the area was getting cluttered with other things. I guess its not important for others too if I am the first one noticing it is missing :)