[IPS4] Tutorials

Related to some of the issues above, when I try to access the Permissions settings on a Gallery Category, it brings up a dialogue for Tutorials.  I tried disabling Tutorials, and that made no difference.  

If I uninstall Tutorials, so that I can then (hopefully) change the Gallery permissions settings, will it delete all the tutorials records from the database? I don't want to lose those.

I do realize this is not an issue with the app and definitely not supported, but I have to ask anyway :)

On my 3.4. install I had renamed the Furl for SEO purposes. Instead of "tutorials" it was renamed to "patepisi" or trip reports in my language. Now, I don't want to lose my google indexing so I need to do the same in the 4.x installation. Unfortunately, the build in way by IPS is buggy and solution is not avaialble yet. I found the file where the FURL structure is formed: \data\furl.json Is it enough to just rename the top-level parameter there or something else needs to be done?

{
	"topLevel": "tutorials",
	"pages": {
	    "tutorials_submit": {
	        "friendly": "submit",
	        "real": "app=tutorials&module=tutorials&controller=submit"
	    },
	    "tutorials_cat": {
		    "friendly": "category/{#id}-{?}",
		    "real": "app=tutorials&module=tutorials&controller=index",
		    "verify": "\\IPS\\tutorials\\Category"
	    },
	    "tutorials_article": {
		    "friendly": "article/{#id}-{?}",
		    "real": "app=tutorials&module=tutorials&controller=view",
		    "verify": "\\IPS\\tutorials\\Article"
	    },
	    "tutorials_rss": {
		    "friendly": "articles.xml",
		    "real": "app=tutorials&module=tutorials&controller=index&do=rss"
	    },
	    "tutorials": {
	        "friendly": "",
	        "real": "app=tutorials&module=tutorials&controller=index"
	    }
	}
}

I know that possibly it can be done with redirects, but I prefer if it can be changed at the source. 

After creating a tutorial categorie named "HTML" the whole tutorial system is down for me now. Even after trying to uninstall and reinstall it: nothing works.

I can't create categories without receiving this message.

IPS Version: v4.1.18.1

VPS with Ubuntu 16.04 - PHP 7, MYSQL 5.6+ (recommended they said)

errordb.jpg

Edited by sashGG

Thank you very much!

I think it has nothing to do with PHP7. Everything worked fine until I have created a forum named "HTML". Now everytime I want to create a tutorial category it shows me this error but the category is created and then I have to manually add permissions. The same happens when I want to submit a tutorial. It shows me an error message again but the tutorial was created. 

How is it possible that an "HTML" as a category name, can destroy the whole application (for me). Maybe it was just random but as I already said - it was running great before.

I can offer you access to my forum if you want to take a look into it. But all you will see are just the warnings that I have already added in the attachment in my previous post.

When I want to submit a tutorial it gives me this error:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(follow_member_id)) FROM( ( SELECT core_follow.* FROM `core_follow` WHERE follow_app='tutorials' AND follow_area='category' AND follow_rel_id=6 AND ( follow_notify_freq IN('immediate') ) AND follow_added<1486398243 ) UNION ( SELECT core_follow.* FROM `core_follow` WHERE follow_app='core' AND follow_area='member' AND follow_rel_id=1 AND ( follow_notify_freq IN('immediate') ) AND follow_added<1486398243 )) derivedTable  GROUP BY follow_member_id ORDER BY follow_added
IPS\Db\Exception: Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'derivedTable.follow_added' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by (1055)
#0 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(356): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\tutorials...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(418): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Db/Select.php(339): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/sources/Article/Article.php(837): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /var/www/html/system/Content/Content.php(1454): IPS\tutorials\_Article->notificationRecipients(NULL, NULL, true)
#5 /var/www/html/system/Content/Item.php(422): IPS\_Content->sendNotifications()
#6 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/sources/Article/Article.php(1039): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\tutorials\Category), true)
#7 /var/www/html/system/Content/Item.php(87): IPS\tutorials\_Article::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\tutorials\Category))
#8 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/submit.php(133): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\tutorials\Category))
#9 [internal function]: IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_submit->submit()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/modules/front/tutorials/submit.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\tutorials\modules\front\tutorials\_submit->execute()
#13 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Edited by sashGG

Will try and edit this comment

Does not work:

Shows this in ACP:

UPDATE `tutorials_cats` tutorials_cats  SET `c_order`=1,`c_id`=9,`c_name_seo`='test',`c_parent`=0,`c_icon`=NULL,`c_artorder`='title',`c_artsort`='DESC',`c_rating`=false,`c_sharing`=false,`c_log`=false,`c_log_days`=-1,`c_log_author`=NULL,`c_article_moderation`=false,`c_desc_required`=false,`c_allow_comments`=false,`c_comments_moderation`=false,`c_tags_disabled`=false,`c_tags_noprefixes`=false,`c_def_title`=NULL,`c_def_desc`='',`c_forum_on`=false,`c_forum`=0,`c_prefix`=NULL,`c_suffix`=NULL,`c_isopen`=true,`c_ispinned`=NULL,`c_delete_topic`=true,`c_forum_support_on`=false,`c_forum_support`=0 WHERE c_id=9 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'c_log_author' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/html/system/Db/Db.php(991): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(491): IPS\_Db->update('`tutorials_cats...', '`c_order`=?,`c_...', 'WHERE c_id=?')
#2 /var/www/html/system/Node/Model.php(2014): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Node/Model.php(2691): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/sources/Category/Category.php(468): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/system/Node/Controller.php(383): IPS\tutorials\_Category->saveForm(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/modules/admin/tutorials/categories.php(36): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#7 [internal function]: IPS\tutorials\modules\admin\tutorials\_categories->form()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/applications/tutorials/modules/admin/tutorials/categories.php(31): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\tutorials\modules\admin\tutorials\_categories->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/acp/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

123.jpg

It should redirect me to the permission page after creating a category. But it does not. So I have to set them manually and then the category appears. I also can submit tutorials as I already said, but not without receiving warnings over warnings.

Edited by sashGG
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Loren said:

Any idea when the next revision is coming?

Thanks!

If you want to test it, let me know. It's missing only a new index (landing page) and category view rework but I'm not sure I will change this now. I think the most important is "update" the app to the latest IPS4 will all new features... and this is done. 

22 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you want to test it, let me know. It's missing only a new index (landing page) and category view rework but I'm not sure I will change this now. I think the most important is "update" the app to the latest IPS4 will all new features... and this is done. 

Yes, I can do some testing this weekend - please send me a PM when you are ready.

• 1 month later...

Sorting does not seem to work, whatever I click as sort by, just the ajax loader is displayed for a sec, then the order stays the same. No matter if I select Date, Latest comment, title, etc. This is for the current released version. Not sure if it is fixed in the upcoming one. 

23 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Sorting does not seem to work, whatever I click as sort by, just the ajax loader is displayed for a sec, then the order stays the same. No matter if I select Date, Latest comment, title, etc. This is for the current released version. Not sure if it is fixed in the upcoming one. 

You know where the Tracker is. :)

Submit the issue so I can fix in the new version. 

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You know where the Tracker is. :)

Submit the issue so I can fix in the new version. 

OK, I will. But in the tracker only the beta is listed, thats why I thought it is not the correct place for the current active version :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adriano, 

I have submitted quite few bugs, I guess you didn't get a chance to take a look at them yet. Basically the only way you can read tutorials right now it seems to be by clicking the title in tutorials list, activity stream does not work, clicking the unread dot does not work, clicking "find tutorials by same author" does not work. Are you planning to do an update for this before 4.2 or next update will be compatibility with 4.2?

On 23/04/2017 at 3:22 AM, jair101 said:

Hi Adriano, 

I have submitted quite few bugs, I guess you didn't get a chance to take a look at them yet. Basically the only way you can read tutorials right now it seems to be by clicking the title in tutorials list, activity stream does not work, clicking the unread dot does not work, clicking "find tutorials by same author" does not work. Are you planning to do an update for this before 4.2 or next update will be compatibility with 4.2?

Just to make sure. I have the marketplace place running on my live (offline) board and everything works fine. Are you using the Beta in your live board?

On my live site I am using the marketplace file. You have actually confirmed this bug and submitted a manual fix for this in your tracker (I just saw the fix) and will try it later. 

The link to "Find tutorials by same author" also looks bad. The real one should be:

profile/1-username/?do=content&type=tutorials_article

while in the marketplace app it is:

/profile/1-username/content/?controller=members&type=tutorials_article