Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

On 6/11/2017 at 8:48 AM, jair101 said:

Tags containing special symbols cannot be deleted via the tag manage tool, these ones for example:

chrome_2017-06-11_15-48-01.png

I can't reproduce your problem on AT&P 3.1.8. Able to edit and delete just fine with spaces and ? and & in the mix.

4 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

I can't reproduce your problem on AT&P 3.1.8. Able to edit and delete just fine with spaces and ? and & in the mix.

Thats fine, its not a big issue. This one, though, I believe should be addressed:

On 8/8/2017 at 9:25 AM, jair101 said:

- Adding tags via the button under the topic title does not respect permissions and chosen tag system

14 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

I don't understand what you mean.

Let's say a prefix is !INFO and I change it to *info. All of the prefixes that were !INFO are gone, and I have to re-add the prefixes. But if I change the prefix back to !INFO, these prefixes show up again. It would be nice to be able to rename prefixes without having them removed from their titles each time.

Hi,

Does this allow me to force users to use a thread prefix and pre-define which prefix they can use? I'm assuming it does, but I wanted to verify it before I made the purchase. I'd like to use the thread prefixes as a sort of "category" system so that I don't have to have a board with a thousand different forums for each prefix.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:54 PM, joshuaj said:

Hi,

Does this allow me to force users to use a thread prefix and pre-define which prefix they can use? I'm assuming it does, but I wanted to verify it before I made the purchase. I'd like to use the thread prefixes as a sort of "category" system so that I don't have to have a board with a thousand different forums for each prefix.

It requires setup to do so, but yes.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:48 PM, GrooveOnBeat said:

Let's say a prefix is !INFO and I change it to *info. All of the prefixes that were !INFO are gone, and I have to re-add the prefixes. But if I change the prefix back to !INFO, these prefixes show up again. It would be nice to be able to rename prefixes without having them removed from their titles each time.

If I understand you correctly: You can change a prefix definition in Manage Prefixes, and change its topic assignments in Manage Tags, to cover both.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for getting back with me.

Do you know if the automation plugin could work with your plugin? 

I would like to set up a forum that only topic posters can read and force prefixes. My thought process is if a user uses a certain prefix, the automation could detect it and change the thread prefixes depending on the condition. 

For example: 

A user opens a thread with the prefix "Report User". The automation then applies a second prefix when it detects "report user". So the thread would then have two prefixes - one that says "Report User" the second is applied by the automation plugin and says "In progress". 

Just curious if this could be possible. 

Thanks again for your reply. 

20 hours ago, joshuaj said:

Do you know if the automation plugin could work with your plugin? 

I would like to set up a forum that only topic posters can read and force prefixes. My thought process is if a user uses a certain prefix, the automation could detect it and change the thread prefixes depending on the condition.

I don't know much about the automation plugin, so I really can't answer what it's capable of. I believe it does have some ability to touch tags/prefixes, but you'll have to ask its author about that.

Update is out.

@jair101: It turns out my copy had some fixes for special chars on tag management from some months back. They're included.

Notes of caution on this update:

• Clubs: Club forums are just like regular ones, except for the part where they aren't like them in any way. You can edit them in the admin by going to Clubs > {edit club} > Forums > {edit forum}. The normal tag/prefix settings will now appear there. These settings cannot be changed from the frontend by the club owner. I have no intention of changing that.
  • Tag quick-edit: This should respect context settings now (forum-specific tag restrictions, etc.). BUT IPS bakes prefix handling into that same input, and gave me no way to change that. That means the prefix can be changed from the tag list with no regard for permissions or prefix restrictions. The only alternative is having tag quick-edit unset any prefix entirely, which seemed worse. There's nothing I can do about it.
  • Mage Tags: I revamped the manage tags section out of necessity. The old DB table it was using before gets worse with every release. The new one should work more reliably (no more page count bug!), but I have no idea how well it will scale for sites with thousands or millions of tags. If the answer is 'not well', my ability to improve that is probably limited.

What's New in Version 3.1.9

This release targets IPS 4.2. Backwards compatibility to 4.0 is likely, but not guaranteed.

• Added tentative support for Clubs forums (settings can be edited via Club forums in admin).
  • Added tentative support for tag quick-editing on frontend. Note: Prefixes fall back to default functionality in that context; this is unavoidable.
  • Refactored Manage Tags section to fix SQL grouping errors and paging quirks.
  • Improved caching performance.
  • Fixed some instances of tag case insensitivity.
  • Fixed lingering tag edit/delete encoding issues.
Edited by Ryan H.
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Ryan H. said:

If I understand you correctly: You can change a prefix definition in Manage Prefixes, and change its topic assignments in Manage Tags, to cover both.

Appears to be working now. :)

I wonder if upgrading the forum made the difference. Before prefixes disappeared when I edited them but now they don't. All is good now. Thank you!

10 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi @Ryan H.

This is a minor issue that I reported to you in the past, in the topic feed widget the tags and the topic titles don't have a space between them. It is still like this even with the latest update. This is very minor but freaks out a person with OCD like myself.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Oh, I missed that during prep. One of these updates.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:04 AM, Ryan H. said:

21 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Appears to be working now. :)

I wonder if upgrading the forum made the difference. Before prefixes disappeared when I edited them but now they don't. All is good now. Thank you!

Now I remember correctly.

When I edit the prefixes in Manage Prefixes, they are removed from the drop down menu when creating a post.

In the ACP, the forums have the old prefixes listed, which no longer exists. 

It should be that when I edit the prefixes in Manage Prefixes, the changes should also apply to the forums that have prefixes. As it is now, I have to remove all of the old prefixes then re-add them.

31 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Now I remember correctly.

When I edit the prefixes in Manage Prefixes, they are removed from the drop down menu when creating a post.

In the ACP, the forums have the old prefixes listed, which no longer exists. 

It should be that when I edit the prefixes in Manage Prefixes, the changes should also apply to the forums that have prefixes. As it is now, I have to remove all of the old prefixes then re-add them.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Might be able to do something about that.

20 hours ago, joshuaj said:

Is there a way to add more than one prefix to a thread?

No. Won't be coming.

3 hours ago, optrexnz said:

I've found out why. It doesn't like : 

I tend to create a prefix with ABCD: rather than ABCD

Adding the colon splits into the issue above

I'll look into that, thanks. You can't delete them from the tag manager?