Donations Support

8 hours ago, Mike John said:

Could you please attach those images again Rob, doesn't seem to have come through for me?

If you specifically need those exact amounts. A "reward" range created for each amount would be best. Alternatively you could enable a promotion amount per dollar/pound donated. So for example you could setup 3 or 4 days for every dollar/pound donated and that would equate equate to your above figures.

Hello @Mike John, do you have a screenshot of the secondary solution you suggested.

Also a suggestion for a future update, it would be nice if we could create copies of the member rewards in order to make multiple rewards of the same nature quickly.

On 22/05/2016 at 6:13 PM, Tibory said:

, do you have a screenshot of the secondary solution you suggested.

Sure.

reward.png

On 22/05/2016 at 6:13 PM, Tibory said:

Also a suggestion for a future update, it would be nice if we could create copies of the member rewards in order to make multiple rewards of the same nature quickly.

Good idea, this should be an easy addition next version.

On 24/05/2016 at 0:50 AM, Netherlord said:

Has anyone suggested a way for a user donate but give the reward to another user? If you upgrade them.

Not in this release but i do have some code I'm looking at from a custom request, if I can I will include it within the Donations app.

Still hoping Stripe gateway can be done soon since it's now become the main option my community utilizes for donations and having to do it outside of this app and then manually add the donation to it is becoming a pain.

So let me get this right, I am making a user group for donors on my site, but here is how I want it to work.

User A Donates -> If they donated within the amount range selected for the promotion to donor it checks to see if their primary group is NOT one of the excluded groups here:

06-02-P4XezW.png

If their primary rank is one of the excluded groups, it changes their secondary to donor? Is that how it works>?

On 5/30/2016 at 8:50 PM, Mike John said:

New version released that includes several more bug fixes and improvements. Including compatibility update for IPB 4.1.12.

The new update won't upload. I get this error:

The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Edited by Koby
On 03/06/2016 at 0:51 PM, RDxZen said:

If their primary rank is one of the excluded groups, it changes their secondary to donor? Is that how it works>?

Yes correct, if the primary exclude is in affect. It will still perform any "Secondary" group promotions you have setup.

On 04/06/2016 at 6:48 PM, Koby said:

The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

See my Portal reply for more troubleshooting tips. This looks host/user related unless someone else is having issues with the latest updates I made?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't know if the question has already been asked (I'm sorry in advance if this is the case).
I would like to integrate a service like HiPay (Allopass : mobile payment) on this application (to take advantage of other features, automatic group display show username in the list, etc.).

Is it possible ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

On 16/06/2016 at 4:12 AM, MastricX said:

Any plan to switch to PayPal's gateway to the API method? The old catchall IPN appears to be sending reoccurring payments for Nexus to the Donation add on.

Can you PM me some sample ipn data for such transactions so I can look at weeding it out. No immediate plans to switch to the API method but it is a priority as another option.

9 hours ago, Eidorian said:

I would like to integrate a service like HiPay (Allopass : mobile payment) on this application (to take advantage of other features, automatic group display show username in the list, etc.).

It's not currently included but there is the ability to add additional payment gateways if you have a bit of IPB4 code knowledge. It's not something I can do personally at the time, you would probably need to check with another IPB4 modder if you wanted to create another gateway file.

One user of my forum reports an error during Paypal donation:

errorpage.png

They appear to be the only user affected thus far, as other Payapl donations seem to work just fine. Am I correct to assume that this is just some problem on Paypal's end rather than something wrong with the donation application? Additionally, are there any kind of trouble shooting steps that I might recommend to this user (aside from suggesting contacting Paypal support)?

Also, a Bitcoin donation gateway might be nice to see sometime in the future.

In regards to my previous post, this information might be useful if anyone else runs into users with the issue: "I called PayPal and after trying a few things, we went through the process of not logging in and simply paying as a guest/new account which worked. So yay, donation work-around succeeded! Maybe the info will help others. The tech guy honestly didn't know why the two-step verification succeeds but hinders the overall transaction if I logged in so solution is just not logging in..."

Not related to this is it?

To avoid service interruptions, please ensure that your systems are SHA-256 compatible by 17 June 2016.

At PayPal, security and safety are our top priorities and, as a result, we’re implementing a series of security upgrades throughout 2016 and 2017. To comply with industry standards, we need to move our endpoints to stronger encryption known as SHA-256 by 30 September 2016. This will help strengthen your protection and ensure that your business systems are up to date with the latest security measures.

In preparation for our transition to SHA-256, we’ll be undertaking critical testing between 17 June and 29 September 2016. During this period, if your systems aren’t SHA-256 compatible, your business’ ability to accept payments with PayPal may be temporarily impacted. To ensure that your business doesn't experience any interruptions, we strongly recommend that your systems are compatible with SHA-256 by 17 June. If your systems aren’t SHA-256 compatible by the full transition on 30 September, your business will be unable to accept payments with PayPal until changes are made. For more details about our transition to SHA-256, please see the 2016-2017 Merchant Security Roadmap Microsite.

Further information

What is the purpose of the testing?

The purpose of this testing is to help us identify those customers who will be impacted by the full transition to SHA-256. We’ll immediately notify impacted customers so that we can help them better prepare for the transition on 30 September.

How do I ensure that my business won’t be impacted by the testing?

If your systems aren’t currently SHA-256 compatible, you can find details about the required changes and how to action them on our 2016-2017 Merchant Security Roadmap Microsite.

If you’re not sure whether your systems are SHA-256 compatible, we recommend you speak with your web hosting company, e-commerce software provider, in-house web programmer or system administrator. They can assist you in making the required changes before the testing.

When will testing occur?

For a complete list of testing dates and times, please visit our SSL Certificate Upgrade Testing Schedule.

Yours sincerely

PayPal

Hi there, 

Great App and still getting my head around it for how we would like to use it... So my question/suggestion here is. We want to set up a staged donation, where the higher the amount they donate the higher "VIP" level they reach. We have set up different Icons for all the groups and using the "secondary groups icons" plugin.

I would like the "members" Primary group to Remain "Member" and am only adjusting the secondary groups for the VIP levels. when they make incremental donations (all promotions are permanent) the member keeps getting the VIP level tags and if donated incrementally enough would eventually be part of every VIP group as secondary and the secondary group icons would be rather.... cluttered.

Is there a way to remove them from secondary groups as they progress? e.g. Dontate $25, they go to VIP1, donate another $25 they go to VIP2, but it removes them from VIP1?

I can get this to work as desired by using the Primary group for promotions, but as mentioned, would prefer the Primary Group to be Member.

If there isn't a way to do this, may we request a feature in the Member Rewards Settings that allows for removal from a secondary group allowing for a stepping stone approach as opposed to a stairway approach?

Cheers

Edited by XPSuedoX

how do we go about getting a custom payment gateway, I would like authorize.net and I am sure a bunch of other people would like that as well.  Maybe even sagepay/  Also if i have a group set to 200 dolalrs but a guy donates 10 now, 10 in a week then 190 in a month will it give him the $200 group promotion?

Edited by Baby Jai
On 23/06/2016 at 11:02 AM, Baby Jai said:

how do we go about getting a custom payment gateway, I would like authorize.net and I am sure a bunch of other people would like that as well.  Maybe even sagepay/  Also if i have a group set to 200 dolalrs but a guy donates 10 now, 10 in a week then 190 in a month will it give him the $200 group promotion?

You'll need someone with php and IPB knowledge to setup your own custom gateway. I can provide the instructions if you have someone who can do this for you but I'm not available for custom work myself at the moment.

There's a donation setting called "Award based on total donations?" that will allow you to issue rewards based on a users total donation rather then individual donations.