Donations Support

Just now, The Dark Wizard said:

chrome_2016-11-17_19-19-49.png

That is what my gateways currently look like. Should I just try deleting Offline Payments?

No.

I'm not sure there is a way for paypal to differentiate what it sends through that gateway link thing. You might need to either create a separate paypal account that is only for the website members, or tell people to not directly donate outside of the website donations to your current address.

It's not really a problem with the app, more a limitation of Paypal.

You could try look around in your paypal settings to see if there is an option to only send the gateway info back to your site if the payee has originated from your website. But I doubt that is an option.

2 minutes ago, Neej said:

No.

I'm not sure there is a way for paypal to differentiate what it sends through that gateway link thing. You might need to either create a separate paypal account that is only for the website members, or tell people to not directly donate outside of the website donations to your current address.

You could try look around in your paypal settings to see if there is an option to only send the gateway info back to your site if the payee has originated from your website. But I doubt that is an option.

Thanks for the information.

On 15/11/2016 at 7:40 PM, The Dark Wizard said:

@Mike John

When ever my paypal account receives money that are not related to onsite donations, the tracker will list it as an offline donation.

Anyway to stop this?

Can you PM me "donation log" for that particular donation and will see if can exclude it from recording.

11 hours ago, techjunkie said:

I purchased this an implemented it yesterday. I got 180.00 Dollars in donations so far but the system is not tracking it. It's not showing which member donated what? Need help ASAP!!! 

I've replied to your email with some more troubleshooting tips.

4 hours ago, Neej said:

No.

Alright :).

• 3 weeks later...

Feature Requests For This App:

1. Member Rewards: I would like the ability to tie a specific member reward to a specific goal (Not goals as in global). That way we can tailor the reward for a specific goal in mind. At the moment this is all global.
  2. Amount Range: Can you make it so we can just specify an amount rather than a range? Ie If I only want this reward for a £25 donation. (Yes I know I can put £25 in both text boxes.
On 06/12/2016 at 2:07 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

Is there a setting to automatically approve donations? Or is there something that needs to be done from the PayPal side?

What kind of donations are they? eCheck?

22 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

2. The donation amounts are shown in the profiles of members who donated anonymously.

Shouldn't it be blank to hide what they have donated?

Yes. Thanks, noted as bug for next version.

7 hours ago, TDBF said:
  • Member Rewards: I would like the ability to tie a specific member reward to a specific goal (Not goals as in global). That way we can tailor the reward for a specific goal in mind. At the moment this is all global.
  • Amount Range: Can you make it so we can just specify an amount rather than a range? Ie If I only want this reward for a £25 donation. (Yes I know I can put £25 in both text boxes.

I'll note both, as good additions. I can provide custom edits for the first one if needed more urgently.

• 2 weeks later...

Since leaderboard update i now have to many items where the days won part is in profile. Messes things up on tablet. The extra item is the donations value on profiles. been asking that this honors having the settings disabled for a while now. Can it be bug fixed please. It still showing on my admin account even though it is disabled. The DonateChanges tab also still shows!

Edited by Netherlord
On 16/12/2016 at 3:42 AM, Netherlord said:

Since leaderboard update i now have to many items where the days won part is in profile. Messes things up on tablet. The extra item is the donations value on profiles. been asking that this honors having the settings disabled for a while now. Can it be bug fixed please. It still showing on my admin account even though it is disabled. The DonateChanges tab also still shows!

I'm working on some bug fixes now. I'm not familiar with the leader board issue though, can you please take a screenshot of what your seeing?

14 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm working on some bug fixes now. I'm not familiar with the leader board issue though, can you please take a screenshot of what your seeing?

its not so much a leaderboard issue. Just too many items on the row where name is for tablet viewing. Should be ok if you are fixing the issue with the donations value on profiles still showing if disabled.

How to remove a donor from a lower tier (group) when he passes threshold to the next donor tier?

I have a group for each tier each with their own group "badge"

example

• donor light
  • donor medium
  • donor heavy

I don't want a donor medium to show the group donor light anymore after he upgrades, am i missing something obvious here?

tiers.jpg

Edited by PirateCaptain
On 21/12/2016 at 7:02 AM, PirateCaptain said:

How to remove a donor from a lower tier (group) when he passes threshold to the next donor tier?

Use the promote primary group and exclude primary group to make sure group upgrades are performed how you want. So for example donor light, medium and heavy would have there respective member groups selected in the member rewards sections.

On 21/12/2016 at 7:02 AM, PirateCaptain said:

I don't want a donor medium to show the group donor light anymore after he upgrades, am i missing something obvious here?

You don't want the donor badge within the topic row or a group icon you've got setup?

On 21/12/2016 at 11:09 AM, Mark Streeton said:

Got this a few days ago. Got a donation on the 19th and its not updating the totals for the donations. I can see the donation in the log and it shows on the users profile etc but the goal has not been updated.

Can you try editing the goal and saving it again? That will force the cache to rebuild and rule that in or out as the issue.

22 hours ago, Mike John said:

Use the promote primary group and exclude primary group to make sure group upgrades are performed how you want. So for example donor light, medium and heavy would have there respective member groups selected in the member rewards sections.

You don't want the donor badge within the topic row or a group icon you've got setup?

Can you try editing the goal and saving it again? That will force the cache to rebuild and rule that in or out as the issue.

i want it so that when a member passes into another tier, he is removed from tier1 group and added to tier2 group

as it is now, the donor will be in tier1 group, and then tier 2 group is added on top.. this shows both group badges on his profile, i only want the highest group to show and the lower group removed.

ps. im doing it on the secondary group, i dont want the primary group to be affected as its more important for member status recognition

Edited by PirateCaptain
On 24/12/2016 at 2:27 AM, Mark Streeton said:

Edited and still behaving exactly the same.

Could you PM me a screenshot or sql export of your donate_users database table please? Or better yet, acp login details so I can look over a few of your settings.

On 24/12/2016 at 8:01 AM, PirateCaptain said:

ps. im doing it on the secondary group, i dont want the primary group to be affected as its more important for member status recognition

Right now it's setup to add the additional secondary group and not completely replace it. That seems to be the proffered setup among users of this app but I might look at adding a setting to toggle this differently. In the mean time, would you be fine with testing a file edit to do it how you want instead? If so, PM me.

Suggestion...

In View Donations page, where it lists all of the donors and amounts they've donated, to also list the goals?

I'd like something similar to the ACP view where it lists the name, date, goal, and amount. If possible, please. :)

Issue...

Members have been promoting to new groups, but it doesn't show?

donations-group-promotions.jpg

Edited by GrooveOnBeat