Donations Support

On 24/03/2016 at 6:44 AM, 2ucs said:

under the choose automatic settings it will add the date again after i save it

If you or anyone else with this issue can PM me admin+ftp login details to troubleshoot this further. I can't for the life of my reproduce this locally but I have had confirmed cases where this is happening.

On 25/03/2016 at 3:15 PM, Koby said:

When do you expect the new bug fixes to be out? Would really like the tracker to stop displaying three different amounts raised depending on which page your on, as well as to stop unapproved donations as being added to the amount raised. People feel less inclined to donate when the goals are showing close or met already even though they're still actually a long way off.

At least 2-3 weeks. If you don't mind some file edits, I might be able to put together some patches for the easier fixes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 8:31 PM, Mike John said:

If you or anyone else with this issue can PM me admin+ftp login details to troubleshoot this further. I can't for the life of my reproduce this locally but I have had confirmed cases where this is happening.

At least 2-3 weeks. If you don't mind some file edits, I might be able to put together some patches for the easier fixes.

ill PM you the info

I might have found a bug, so far this month one member's kindly donated £10.

In the latest donations it shows.

However, the 'donation stats' shows '£0.00'. This might be something I have done incorrectly, it could be my sites server (as sometimes I have to re-add the widgets to the index page for it to update).

Edited by Joey_M
On 17/04/2016 at 10:12 AM, Joey_M said:

However, the 'donation stats' shows '£0.00'. This might be something I have done incorrectly, it could be my sites server (as sometimes I have to re-add the widgets to the index page for it to update).

First off, make sure your using the latest version as I have been continuously updating currency/goal stats calculations in the last few versions. Secondly, can you try editing that donations and making sure the desired currency is selected and see if it triggers a recalculation of the stats?

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Latest version is running and I edited the currency, no difference. :/

It looks like there were some legacy issues that were caused before the latest version. I've updated them and it should be showing 10 pound in all locations on the front page. just let me know if there's something not right. But this shouldn't be an issue anymore with the latest version.

16 hours ago, RDxZen said:

Do you have any plans to support the rules application? I would love to automate a donation medal with some conditions via the rules app. 

I think the Rules app is great but no plans right now. I'm still focused on bug fixes before I turn to new features.

4 hours ago, PirateCaptain said:

finally got around to upgrading to 4.1.10 and this is what happens now when members try to donate

I'll need board access to troubleshoot, no changes were made that should cause this.

@Mike John - I keep getting this error when attempting to donate (I'm using my personal account to donate to my site account in this case)

failedpp.PNG

I have IPN turned on and my account email is correct.  I tried donating through commerce which works. I want to use this app though as it's more flexible with user group promotions.  Any ideas here?

I am just looking to do one simple thing, at least I think it's simple..lol. I am wondering how to rename the donation box widget. I just would like to call it something else, I don't have access to the MySQL so was hoping it is something I can just manually put in. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Adam Metzler said:

I am just looking to do one simple thing, at least I think it's simple..lol. I am wondering how to rename the donation box widget. I just would like to call it something else, I don't have access to the MySQL so was hoping it is something I can just manually put in. Thanks!

Easy to do!

ACP -> Customization -> Languages -> Translate

Search for "donations" and then find the block you wish to edit, and change the name there.

On 29/04/2016 at 0:45 AM, pilotguy said:

I keep getting this error when attempting to donate (I'm using my personal account to donate to my site account in this case)

Already replied elsewhere but just in case. Can I get a hold of acp login details to look over this? Haven't encountered this error yet.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, David Angel said:

Is there a way at all to remove the Profile Tab that says Donations? That's the only thing I don't like about the plugin.

Do you have ftp access for your forums? Right now the only way would be to manually remove the applications/donate/extensions/core/Profile/ folder. If there's further interest in this, I'll see about adding a setting for this.

@Mike John

Your donation system is awesome. We just bought it. I have read through the last 5 pages of this forum thread and i saw someone encountered this problem before.

I have removed the ability to donate anonymously however it is still not displaying the donation amount here

e56e57a8f4945db96da077e51b5c5765.png

However it does on here

0e20b4c64a1fbd155bea7f8a5e36cc7c.png

Could you please help with this.

Thanks

Rob

Hello @Mike John

Just a question as the member rewards have me a bit confused - I am looking to have rewards as below:

£10 - 30 Days promotion to donator group
£20 - 60 Days promotion to donator group
£30 - 90 Days promotion to donator group
£40 - 120 Days promotion to donator group
£50 - 180 Days promotion to donator group
£60 - 210 Days promotion to donator group
£70 - 300 Days promotion to donator group
£100 - 1 Year promotion to donator group

Do I need to make a separate member reward for each of these or is there a simplier way?

Bryan

On 21/05/2016 at 5:36 AM, Rob Pearson said:

Your donation system is awesome. We just bought it. I have read through the last 5 pages of this forum thread and i saw someone encountered this problem before.

Could you please attach those images again Rob, doesn't seem to have come through for me?

1 hour ago, Tibory said:

Do I need to make a separate member reward for each of these or is there a simplier way?

If you specifically need those exact amounts. A "reward" range created for each amount would be best. Alternatively you could enable a promotion amount per dollar/pound donated. So for example you could setup 3 or 4 days for every dollar/pound donated and that would equate equate to your above figures.