Donations Support

30 minutes ago, Koby said:

I honestly don't really feel comfortable giving out that information. Is there any way the ability to edit/create goals could be solved otherwise?

Ok well support will be slower as you'll need to provide feedback on each request.

It's showing the total donation history amount as the current amount towards any open goals:

31479217eb.jpg

Do you have any donation or goal automatic resets in place? Out of all the active goals, the total is exactly $25 right now?

Also, when I tried the edit the existing goal in admin cp, it gave me an error:

f7ed1a0ada.png

Same error happens when I try to create a new goal. So I can't add or edit goals at all. :/

Please check uploads/logs/ for any sql error logs that might match the donations or donate keywords.

and the top donors list just says this (while also saying all donations took place in 1969 o.O)

I'm looking into this now as reported elsewhere.

Do you have any donation or goal automatic resets in place?

No.

Out of all the active goals, the total is exactly $25 right now?

Yes the only active goal should be the one for $25

Please check uploads/logs/ for any sql error logs that might match the donations or donate keywords.

&app=donate&module=goals&controller=goals&do=form&id=20
IPS\Db\Exception
1048: Column 'g_received' cannot be null
#0 system/Db/Db.php(784): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `ipb_kfd...', Array)
#1 system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(460): IPS\_Db->update('donate_goals', Array, Array)
#2 system/Node/Model.php(1895): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 applications/donate/sources/Goal/Goal.php(293): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 applications/donate/sources/Goal/Goal.php(267): IPS\donate\_Goal->rebuildGoalStats()
#5 system/Node/Model.php(2507): IPS\donate\_Goal->postSaveForm(Array)
#6 system/Node/Controller.php(337): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#8 system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#9 system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 applications/donate/modules/admin/goals/goals.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#11 system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\donate\modules\admin\goals\_goals->execute()
#12 admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

I removed the forum path from each line, but other than that, that is the error.

Also I just noticed, but apparently despite giving that error, it was still making the goals. o.o Or at least the test goals are now listed.

Edited by Koby

Hi Mike, I just updated my forum to 4.1 now that you have released the 4.1 Donations app. :huggles:

I only have on minor issue which is that it no longer is putting that nice little green $ icon in the users postContainer if they have donated and make a post to a thread.

Have you got a little bit of code that I could just throw in to my Theme HTML/CSS editor in Templates>Forum>front>Topics>postContainer that would add that $ donated symbol to people that have donated?

Thanks mate, keep up the good work I love your forms and Donations apps.

Edited by Joshua Dignam
On 10/11/2015, 5:11:49, Koby said:

Do you have any donation or goal automatic resets in place?

No.

Out of all the active goals, the total is exactly $25 right now?

Yes the only active goal should be the one for $25

&app=donate&module=goals&controller=goals&do=form&id=20
IPS\Db\Exception

I've confirmed both and will have a fix out next version. If everything goes to plan, I should have that released tomorrow.

21 hours ago, Joshua Dignam said:

Have you got a little bit of code that I could just throw in to my Theme HTML/CSS editor in Templates>Forum>front>Topics>postContainer that would add that $ donated symbol to people that have donated?

Are you using a different theme by any chance? There was a hook that re-added this in IPB 4.0 but maybe 4.1 messed it up. If you want to add it manually, the code that can be used is here

{{if $comment->author()->donate_donations}}
	<li class="ipsType_light ipsSpacer_top" data-ipsTooltip title="{lang="donor_title"}">      
		<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_positive"><i class="fa fa-dollar"></i></span> {lang="member_donor"}
	</li>
{{endif}}

On 12/11/2015, 12:47:36, Mike John said:

Are you using a different theme by any chance? There was a hook that re-added this in IPB 4.0 but maybe 4.1 messed it up. If you want to add it manually, the code that can be used is here

{{if $comment->author()->donate_donations}}
	<li class="ipsType_light ipsSpacer_top" data-ipsTooltip title="{lang="donor_title"}">      
		<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_positive"><i class="fa fa-dollar"></i></span> {lang="member_donor"}
	</li>
{{endif}}

Thank you Mike. Yes I am using a different theme (Chameleon Dark from ipsfocus.com). You are right, something about upgrading to 4.1 removed the hook.

Can confirm your code above is working for me.

10 minutes ago, Mike John said:

New version has been released, details of this release below. This release is for IPB 4.1+ only!

• Several more bug fixes, see bug reports here.
  • Addition of profile tab in donor members profiles.

Updated, now it doesn't list donation stats at all, and the top donor list still says offline donations.

Error logs:

Fri, 13 Nov 2015 03:42:17 +0000 (Severity: 0)
159.118.20.29 - http://kametsu.com/index.php?/donate/
Unknown column 'donate_goals.g_show' in 'where clause'
SELECT SUM(fees) FROM `[myprefix]donate_users` AS `donate_users` WHERE donate_users.status=? AND donate_goals.g_show=?
Array
(
    [0] => 1
    [1] => 1
)

Changed the prefix in the error log as I don't feel like that should be viewed in public, but other than that, it's what the error shows.

Edited by Koby
2 minutes ago, Koby said:

Updated, now it doesn't list donation stats at all, and the top donor list still says offline donations.

As in zero for both donations and goals totals? Do you have any goal reset or goals set to not show?

The total stats will now take into account active goals, donation and goal resets and show the proper amount like they did in IPB 3.4.

4 minutes ago, Mike John said:

As in zero for both donations and goals totals? Do you have any goal reset or goals set to not show?

The total stats will now take into account active goals, donation and goal resets and show the proper amount like they did in IPB 3.4.

No. As in the entire block doesn't even appear at all.

Also I get this sometimes when I try to view the donation page:

e6e5d0f17d.jpg

But when you refresh it'll load... and when you view it, see:

c157d21113.jpg

The block of stats is no where to be found.

I don't know if you saw the error log in my last post or not.

Edited by Koby
4 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Can you check your donate_goals database table for the "g_show" field and see if it exists? Just checked again on 2 test boards and that new query works for me still.

25382f92fc.png

It's there.

Maybe has something to do with it not working properly with my table prefix? My forum doesn't use the default.

I just updated to 3.2.7 to confirm that the g_show table is also there. 

I am getting the exact same errors as Koby, Donations page breaks and so does any page that has a donations Top/Recent donators widget on it. so I'll be going back to version 3.2.6.

I noticed when updating to 3.2.7 it actually put that $Donator postContainer code in, so I had to remove the code manually from postContainer that I had entered earlier. However when reinstalling 3.2.6 it no longer had the $Donator code in there? So maybe it was broken in 3.2.6?

Edited by Joshua Dignam
23 minutes ago, Koby said:

Maybe has something to do with it not working properly with my table prefix? My forum doesn't use the default.

Should be independent of table prefixes.

16 minutes ago, Joshua Dignam said:

I am getting the exact same errors as Koby, Donations page breaks and so does any page that has a donations Top/Recent donators widget on it. so I'll be going back to version 3.2.6.

If you've got this live on your site, can I get ftp/acp login details to look through this?

16 minutes ago, Joshua Dignam said:

I noticed when updating to 3.2.7 it actually put that $Donator postContainer code in, so I had to remove the code manually from postContainer that I had entered earlier. However when reinstalling 3.2.6 it no longer had the $Donator code in there? So maybe it was broken in 3.2.6?

Yes IPB 4.1 changed the hook position, the latest version re-added support for this.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

If you've got this live on your site, can I get ftp/acp login details to look through this?

Sorry I reverted back to 3.2.6 already.

I run a backup website to do development on though, I will install it on there and give you ACP and FTP. Will send you a message when it's done. (will have to be sometime tomorrow though)

1 hour ago, kkucharsky said:

Hello @Mike John, 

I have still this problem (on screen). When I donate I see member as guest not dedicated user... 

Whats the problem? 

Have you setup the paypal account correctly that is to receive the money? You need to go in and add the payment gateway in to the IPN settings.

Go to Donations>Payment Gateways. make sure Developer mode is turned off. 

Make sure the email address listed for your gateway is correct, I'm assuming you are using paypal so the below applies to Paypal, I haven't used any other gateways. See the payment gateway address up the top in bold? You need to add that to the paypal account.

1.thumb.jpg.609a0016e26ee7a661fc4870a756

To turn on IPN in paypal, login to paypal and on your main page click Seller Preferences

2.jpg.f30f812404b360c667879bd74acd0d91.j

Locate the Instant payment notifications and click Update

3.thumb.jpg.43a819fe96d93ac32e6fd53b0ad7

Add the gateway address listed in your Donations  and click Recieve IPN Messages (enabled) and then click save.

4.jpg.a5829926c6191684b8c56cd17130b949.j

Hello, 

I have a several question: 

1. What if when I'm using a standard account in paypal and skrill, not for business? 

2. When I configure my gateway I have 'gateway instruction' in ACP. Skrill requires a secret word, and Paypal requires Paypals IPN to be turned on. So, if I have standard account then I will not have the ability to configure Donate application?

I'd like to see every donate in my forum, but actually when I have standard account in Skrill I see: Gateway Email Mismatch despite the fact that the payment on account is added.

On 13/11/2015, 8:05:47, kkucharsky said:

Hello @Mike John, 

I have still this problem (on screen). When I donate I see member as guest not dedicated user... 

Whats the problem?

That's still a confirmed bug, just logging "Paypal" instead of the actual donor. That will be fixed in the next version after I overhaul the payments validator.

On 15/11/2015, 6:22:52, Koby said:

Any progress on this? Kind of makes it unusable when most of the time it just shows an error until you refresh

I'm just waiting on some further test cases so I can track the exact cause as this seems to affect some boards and not others seemingly randomly at this point. My aim is to push forward another release again this week.

On 16/11/2015, 2:58:40, kkucharsky said:

1. What if when I'm using a standard account in paypal and skrill, not for business? 

2. When I configure my gateway I have 'gateway instruction' in ACP. Skrill requires a secret word, and Paypal requires Paypals IPN to be turned on. So, if I have standard account then I will not have the ability to configure Donate application?

I'd like to see every donate in my forum, but actually when I have standard account in Skrill I see: Gateway Email Mismatch despite the fact that the payment on account is added.

1/2. I've seen conflicting reports but I do believe that Paypal requires a Premier or Business account to enable IPN support which the Donations app uses. You'll need to check with Skrill as to their policy on API access as I'm not entirely familiar with it as with Paypal.

Can you double check your gateway email/id is set to exactly what you have in Skrill as well?