Back to top option

Codza

So far 4.o seems flat out amazing. But while scrolling through some things I've notice that there isn't a back to top button/option :unsure:.

Hopefully I'm missing or something because it's a really small feature but it's a very convenient one.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need this on every community or maybe even every site, then wouldn't a go to top button be more sensible to put in as a browser feature?

I've never used it though, so I'm obviosuly not part of the target audience.

​That's actually a genius idea... time to make a chrome app and see if it becomes a 'thing'

Since this function is required by many users, I really do not understand the reasons why it is not implemented?

Please, be nice and give me some reasons for why this function is not implemented by default.  I tried, but I do not realize what is bad for the site if it implements this function by default.

With all due respect, please explain why? Give me one reason, please.

Thank you.

Since this function is required by many users, I really do not understand the reasons why it is not implemented?

Please, be nice and give me some reasons for why this function is not implemented by default.  I tried, but I do not realize what is bad for the site if it implements this function by default.

Thank you.

​Yes +1

Thank you.

​I've been using IPB for a long, long time from a user to now admin. I've never used it once. There are very few people on my forum who use it. At that point why have it?

There is no programming knowledge involved, just simple HTML in adding it yourself so why do we have to force IPS' hand in adding it?

There is no programming knowledge involved, just simple HTML in adding it yourself so why do we have to force IPS' hand in adding it?

​Why force the clients hand in having to add it? It should be a basic feature, a lot of sites and forums have the "back to top" option as standard.

​Why force the clients hand in having to add it? It should be a basic feature, a lot of sites and forums have the "back to top" option as standard.

​So if 99% of people didn't use it, you would still want it because you believe it is a standard? That's listening to your visitors/customers.... 

​So if 99% of people didn't use it, you would still want it because you believe it is a standard? That's listening to your visitors/customers.... 

​So how accurate is that number ? Did IPS or YOU installed a something plugin to measure in ALL clients board who clicks and who doesn't click in any damn link ?!? Really funny!

It's stupidly simple to add a theme setting to make it appears. Leave it disabled. If I want, I will enable it.

Everybody is happy and we don't need to discuss useless things like that all the time.

​So how accurate is that number ? Did IPS or YOU installed a something plugin to measure in ALL clients board who clicks and who doesn't click in any damn link ?!? Really funny!

So you don't talk hypothetical? View things from all angles? If you can't do that you'll never make it in this game. My point was just because something is viewed as a "standard" doesn't mean we have to blindly follow it and force it on everyone.

My thing is it is not the end of the world if this is not included by IPS as a baby could add it in. Let's focus our energy on something more important that really is the end of the world if it doesn't get done.

Let's focus our energy on something more important that really is the end of the world if it doesn't get done.

​Agree. So stop replying here and search for something more useful to you; we don't core if you use or not. I use. The OP uses it and you can bet many others use it. Also, the user made a VALID suggestion TO IPS in a suggestion forum.

That's all.

​99% - that's a big "if"

It's something that people expect from the software, "if" (that word again) it's expected as standard, then removing it isn't listening is it?

​Agree. So stop replying here and search for something more useful to you; we don't core if you use or not. I use. The OP uses it and you can bet many others use it. Also, the user made a VALID suggestion TO IPS in a suggestion forum.

That's all.

So the people who want it get a voice but screw the people who have a view against mine. Great job, that will come out with a fair decision to all customers.

Maybe, I was not clear enough.

I would like to know a pertinent reason for whay this function is not implemented. 

Who is bothers if this function is implemented by default? What harm can do this function?

This button can bring something harmful?

Please IPS, tell me one pertinent reason that I could tell, when my members will ask for this button/function.

I can not say that "I've never used"!  

Thank you!

Archived