Are there missing forums?

Square Wheels

I seem to remember there being more forums here, like a client or peer to peer type of forum?

As an example, I can't view this post, I get this message:

This forum is only available to those logged in with a client account.

If you are a current IPS client and are seeing this message, please log out and then log in with the same email and password that you use for the client area.

I own two licences and one has expired, have I been removed because one of them is expired?

The client lounge, specifically, requires an active license. The majority of the other peer to peer help forums can be accessed so long as you have purchased a license, whether it is currently active or not.

You should have access if any license is active (rather than requiring *all* being active).

So Contributors that have made stuff for the board that don't have an active license loose all access to? that sucks considering this is how I pay for my license and haven't made enough to upgrade.

Its kinda hard to give support for out modifications if we can't even post in the marketplace topics

So Contributors that have made stuff for the board that don't have an active license loose all access to? that sucks considering this is how I pay for my license and haven't made enough to upgrade.

Its kinda hard to give support for out modifications if we can't even post in the marketplace topics

Yup that's correct. This topic has been coming up a lot recently. o.o But yeah its a thing and it makes sense depending on what side you're on. :p

Yup that's correct. This topic has been coming up a lot recently. o.o But yeah its a thing and it makes sense depending on what side you're on. :tongue:

Yeah I would have to agree its possibly good I just think the contributors should get at least client status on the board so we can offer support for our mods and skins but that's just me. Looks like I am going to have to change how to contact me for support in all my files

I am just wondering what changed. I mean for the past 6 months I have been able to post in the support forums and skin development without an active license. just odd thats all

Can you not post in the support topics for your modifications? You show as a contributor presently and in the 'Members' group (as opposed to the clients group). My understanding was you still had access to those forums, and the concerns presented were specifically about the Contributor Center (which, fun fact, I spent some time last night making accessible to all contributors...), not the ability to respond to the support topics.

This is the same for me - I don't understand these recent changes that had to of taken place within 1-2 days.

I have not upgraded my license yet either - But I can no longer access any of the marketplace topics, including to support my products, I can also not access skins/design in deveopment where I was showing off mockups. I cannot acccess the general web development forum and some misc other ones that I could access a couple days ago.

I NOW have access to the contributor lounge where I didn't previously.... this doesn't make sense if you're not a contributor, and if you're all for locking out contributors because they have active sales, then so be it. However, you can not ask questions on things you might of purchased before your license expired.

Also, what is the reasonoing why you'd lock certain forums like the general web development or skin customization forum since you're no longer an active client? This doesn't promote activity on the community boards at all, nor could anyone who is interested in the community software do some research throughout the site.. if this toots your guys's horns, fine - Your software your site, your rules w/e. But I'd atleast like to know the reasoning behind this?

Finally, is there a place I can see what the renewal fees are for exactly? When I originally purchased the software, I thought/assumed that I was purchasing the license to host the software and the renewal fees was to use support, get product updates etc, not basically make you purchase the software and then nearly force you to stay as an active client to use anything from the 3rd party community, and I'm not talking apps and plugins or themes. I'm talking about the amount of knowledge or guides, tutorials or other various information scattered throughout the 'community' forum that people who do not have an active license can no longer search out.

Oh, need to figure out how to do something for your board? Gotta be an active client! Want to show off your amazing redone IPB 3.2.x skin... gotta ben an active client! Want to ask a couple questions about a product you purchased from the 3.2.x days and you haven't upgraded yet? You gotta be an active client!

Come on now... surely it wasn't your intention to basically lock out every useful forum on the site to those who do not have active licenses, to force them into subscribing again...

This is the same for me - I don't understand these recent changes that had to of taken place within 1-2 days.

I have not upgraded my license yet either - But I can no longer access any of the marketplace topics, including to support my products, I can also not access skins/design in deveopment where I was showing off mockups. I cannot acccess the general web development forum and some misc other ones that I could access a couple days ago.

I NOW have access to the contributor lounge where I didn't previously.... this doesn't make sense if you're not a contributor, and if you're all for locking out contributors because they have active sales, then so be it. However, you can not ask questions on things you might of purchased before your license expired.

Also, what is the reasonoing why you'd lock certain forums like the general web development or skin customization forum since you're no longer an active client? This doesn't promote activity on the community boards at all, nor could anyone who is interested in the community software do some research throughout the site.. if this toots your guys's horns, fine - Your software your site, your rules w/e. But I'd atleast like to know the reasoning behind this?

Finally, is there a place I can see what the renewal fees are for exactly? When I originally purchased the software, I thought/assumed that I was purchasing the license to host the software and the renewal fees was to use support, get product updates etc, not basically make you purchase the software and then nearly force you to stay as an active client to use anything from the 3rd party community, and I'm not talking apps and plugins or themes. I'm talking about the amount of knowledge or guides, tutorials or other various information scattered throughout the 'community' forum that people who do not have an active license can no longer search out.

Oh, need to figure out how to do something for your board? Gotta be an active client! Want to show off your amazing redone IPB 3.2.x skin... gotta ben an active client! Want to ask a couple questions about a product you purchased from the 3.2.x days and you haven't upgraded yet? You gotta be an active client!

Come on now... surely it wasn't your intention to basically lock out every useful forum on the site to those who do not have active licenses, to force them into subscribing again...

I fully agree with this...

It's like I said, Contributors should have client like status on the board secondary user group that gives us access to client services. For at least software support. And yes my original concerns was the fact that I could not access the "Contributor Center" and reply to custom projects. Now we that don't have an active license are restricted from doing anything on the board except post in the feedback sections. And yes I was thinking the samn thing as Dylan Riggs it dose not say full access to our support forums as part of being an active client. I two would like to know why the sudden change that we have lost access to everything

Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

I am not a contributor, skinner, or coder and thank goodness for the ones that are and I for one really appreciate the contributor's, skinner's and coder's, work, time they give, apps, mods, and skins provided to us for to purchase and the free ones.

This nonsense with removing members from client status who own a valid and legal license just because they will are not paying for support since they do not require support is foolishness and childish.

and before this topic is locked since everyone is not agreeing to changes and current "policies if you want to call it that", is IPB that hard up financially you are trying to strong arm Clients that did Purchase and Own Legal IPB License(s) and Application(s) to "either pay for 6 month support or you cannot be a client here"??

Oh and IPB you are making money from these very people that are selling their mods, applications, and skins on this site, so I guess the old saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" is of no concern to IPB?

Contributors do NOT have access to IPS Support Topics/Forums unless they have an active license. If you need to access your Marketplace topics, then here's the link:

http://community.invisionpower.com/forum/310-product-modifications/

You simply don't have access to IPS Support Topics because you do NOT have an active license for support. Renew your license and you get access to those forums once again. :p

The IPS Support Forums are separate from the IPS Marketplace Forums. IPS Support is even very clear where it concerns the support forums. The only way you get access to IPS Support Forums is if you have an active license to that particular product (or addon application). If you don't have an active license to IP.Gallery, yoou simply don't get access to the IP.Gallery support forums. The same goes for IP.Board, IP.Downloads and so on.

The only reason why those members still had temporary access to certain support forums (and IPS staff correct me if I'm wrong on this) is that IPS gives you a grace period of about two weeks from the date of your license renewal, meaning you still have access to those forums for a limited time. If you do not renew your license, then you lose your access to those support forums.

For instance, if your license renewal deadline occurs on March 14th, and you don't renew within 7-14 days after that renewal date, then you lose access to those support forums after that time. What? You guys actually thoguht you get unlimited access to support forums that you don't have an active license for? Your license to IPS products grants you access to IPS Customer/Client Support as well as the IPS Support Forums to those products you have an active license for. It is NOT free.

Hate to be the bad guy here, but RENEW YOUR LICENSE if you want access to those support forums. Because otherwise you have users oif pirated IPS software getting unlimited access to the Product Support forums here and this is way it should always be.

The IPS Support Forums are separate from the IPS Marketplace Forums. IPS Support is even very clear where it concerns the support forums. The only way you get access to IPS Support Forums is if you have an active license to that particular product (or addon application). If you don't have an active license to IP.Gallery, yoou simply don't get access to the IP.Gallery support forums. The same goes for IP.Board, IP.Downloads and so on.

The only reason why those members still had temporary access to certain support forums (and IPS staff correct me if I'm wrong on this) is that IPS gives you a grace period of about two weeks from the date of your license renewal, meaning you still have access to those forums for a limited time. If you do not renew your license, then you lose your access to those support forums.

For instance, if your license renewal deadline occurs on March 14th, and you don't renew within 7-14 days after that renewal date, then you lose access to those support forums after that time. What? You guys actually thoguht you get unlimited access to support forums that you don't have an active license for? Your license to IPS products grants you access to IPS Customer/Client Support as well as the IPS Support Forums to those products you have an active license for. It is NOT free.

Hate to be the bad guy here, but RENEW YOUR LICENSE if you want access to those support forums. Because otherwise you have users oif pirated IPS software getting unlimited access to the Product Support forums here and this is way it should always be.

I am not talking about the IPS Communitiy Suite Support forums, no one has even mentioned that have they? I'm talking about the General Web Design and Coding forum, the Skinning and Design forum, the IPS Marketplace Topics forum, Suite Modification help forum. Developers: Help with creating modifications forum.

These areas should be available to anyone who has HELD a license key with IPS and should not be locked because you no longer have an active license. These areas have vast amounts of useful information for both people who have/held licenses and those who are looking to also become a client of IPS's software suite. These areas are now completely off limits to anyone who does not have an active license and IPS has not stated any reasoning for these recent changes.

They have also given contributors the ability to post into the Contributors lounge, but have revoked the ability to post into their own support topics created when they contributed. Clients who do not have active licenses can also not request support on 3rd party apps, themes, hooks for support. This would include clients who have not upgraded in ages and still have 3.2.x hooks/apps as an example.

If this is what they wanted to do, this is on them - But I want an explanation to this reasoning, what led them to lock all these useful community forums that are posted by hundreds of individuals and many of these individuals are no longer active clients.

These forums are now basically only useful for active license holders and every single person outside of this has now been thrown under the bus by IPS - I'm sorry I had to break this out, this has to be a mistake, a joke or IPS is trying to force more active subscriptions if they want to have any type of role in the IPS community regardless of what contribution they might want to make. Whether it's marketplace items or simple tutorials, no one but active license users can get this information. And no one but active license holders can contribute, and no one but active license holders can now do anything worthwhile on this site, except post here....

No, I'm not going to renew my license on a product that is EOL and another product is just around the corner. I do not need support for my site, I do not need product updates that do not exist. If they want to lock contributors out because they do not have an active license and are "Making money" this would honestly be fine and I could understand this reason.... but to lock everyone who is not an active license holder out from EVERYTHING but community feedback?

Boy, Xenforo does look better each day.

Boy, Xenforo does look better each day.

Do they have developer documentation yet? One of the things that stopped me from going there really. Well, that and the whole "ips is better in every way shape and form" thing.

If the forums are not visible, then it means it's because you are not an active license holder. If you're an active license holder, then you can see all the forums. It's really not that hard to understand. To say that Xenforo is looking better because you won't renew your license is a pretty thin excuse. There is too much going on in this topic because of some "Members" claiming that they don't have access to forums even though they are not active license holders.

For my community, I'm able to generate enough donations to keep my site active because the members of my community donate enough so that our license remains active and slowly, over the years, we've expanded our services to the IP.Gallery and IP.Content system. It works for us. I would suggest renewing your license so you don't run into a problem where you don't have access to certain forums.

If the forums are not visible, then it means it's because you are not an active license holder. If you're an active license holder, then you can see all the forums. It's really not that hard to understand. To say that Xenforo is looking better because you won't renew your license is a pretty thin excuse. There is too much going on in this topic because of some "Members" claiming that they don't have access to forums even though they are not active license holders.

For my community, I'm able to generate enough donations to keep my site active because the members of my community donate enough so that our license remains active and slowly, over the years, we've expanded our services to the IP.Gallery and IP.Content system. It works for us. I would suggest renewing your license so you don't run into a problem where you don't have access to certain forums.

..... Have you not read any of the topic? We know we can't see it. We know we are not active subscribers - It doesn't change the question in the matter of WHY were active license holders who have not renewed their subscriptions eliminated from every single forum except the following: Marketplace Blogs + Community IPS Community Software & Community Feedback within the past couple of days without any post stating this was going to happen or a reason for the change.

It's not like this has always been the way, these changes has happened within a couple days time. In my honest opinion, it is not right to make some drastic changes like this without warning your client base these changes were coming. A simple blog post would of sufficed along the lines of "Dear License holders who do not have an active subscription with IPS. We have have decided to restrict access from yada yada yada yada as a business decisions yada yada."

Instead, you simply wake up, and go through your normal routine or come here to simply read up on the content that might of updated to be restricted without a warning of any sorts. What is WRONG with allowing members who have bought a license the ability to post throughout certain sections to contribute to the community.

No, xenforo would not be a thin excuse to renew my license. Again if you read one of my posts, I mentioned the fact that I was lead to believe that the whole point of subscribing for 6months were for the constant product updates and support and yes, some marketplace functionality. And again, I do not need product updates on something that isn't updated.... and I rarely need support either. For me, there is NO reason to upgrade unless it's for the few marketplace items I have in the marketplace to provide support (which we were allowed to do, and now can't) or when IPS 4.0 hits sometime in 2015 who knows when.

There is no 'claiming' going on - It's a fact that every person who does not have an active subscription can no longer access anything on this forum outside of the 2 areas I mentioned above. But hey, if this was IPS's intention to do so, w/e makes them sleep at night. At least give us a good reason/explanation behind it before I make my own judgment that it's just their way of marketing to force people to pay for services they do not need.

Archived